PDA

View Full Version : Dogs in Downtown Disney

Pages : [1] 2

sierranevada
04-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I have seen service dogs in DTD but am wondering if it is okay to walk through the area with our dog on leash? Anyone ever have any problems? Also, we have over the years been able to eat outside at restaurants with our dog tied up outside the eating area - like Catal. Again, any experience with this?

Rhiannon8404
04-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, I've seen people walking non-service, leashed dogs through Downtown Disney. No one seemed to care. I certainly didn't. I really can't comment about the restaurant bit, though. I'd probably call the restaurant and ask if they minded. Again, it wouldn't bother me, but I love dogs.

newhdplayer
04-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I have seen them in the back of Korean restaurants.

Tinker Bell
04-13-2006, 03:47 PM
I have walked my dog in DTD but never eaten any where. We have put him in the kennel. But he is a small dog. A large dog and lots of people I could see the problem. With Bobby I could carry him if there are heavy crowds.

Darkbeer
04-13-2006, 04:26 PM
I have seen service dogs in DTD but am wondering if it is okay to walk through the area with our dog on leash? Anyone ever have any problems? Also, we have over the years been able to eat outside at restaurants with our dog tied up outside the eating area - like Catal. Again, any experience with this?

I have walked Deogee thru Downtown Disney MULTIPLE times. He is not a service dog.

The policy is that Dogs are not allowed inside any store, and especially the outdoor eating areas, due to health codes.

But they can walk thru the area, along with most of the Hotel Outdoor areas.

So no theme parks (unless a Service Dog), no restaurants and no shops... but the Dog can hang out in the Main Entry Plaza, ride the Parking Lot Trams, and enjoy the Downtown Disney outdoor areas, along with the Picnic Area.

sierranevada
04-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks everyone! So if you use an old golden (14 yrs old) walking through DTD on Sunday or Monday, stop and say hello!

junglemom
04-13-2006, 04:50 PM

That is so BAD!!!

Rhiannon8404
04-13-2006, 04:50 PM
[slight hijack]Sierranevada, is this by any chance your doggie (http://www.automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/dogblog/)(third one down)? Were you in the city Feb 28th or thereabouts?[/slight hijack]

junglemom
04-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Wow! Sure looks like the same dog!

sierranevada
04-13-2006, 05:13 PM
[slight hijack]Sierranevada, is this by any chance your doggie (http://www.automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/dogblog/)(third one down)? Were you in the city Feb 28th or thereabouts?[/slight hijack]

I had to get my husband to look at the picture because it looks sooo much like Sierra (yes, he is my screen name). But, alas, we weren't in the city around then.

What a great blog!

Rhiannon8404
04-13-2006, 05:17 PM
I had to get my husband to look at the picture because it looks sooo much like Sierra (yes, he is my screen name). But, alas, we weren't in the city around then.
Oh, too bad! He could have been famous! ;)

What a great blog!
Dogblog is great! I try to check it out from time to time. Sometimes I laugh so hard at Jon's captions.

jswtsang
04-14-2006, 07:12 AM

You know that statement was really inappropriate and totally unecessary to this thread.

Anyway back to the thread, I think that DTD is the way to get your doggie to the onsite kennels because they're not allowed on the trams. Also I thought I'd say in that blog, the dog below "your" dog, looks like mine! The one laying down.

I also love your avatar, so cute!

jt

Darkbeer
04-14-2006, 08:13 AM
You know that statement was really inappropriate and totally unecessary to this thread.

Anyway back to the thread, I think that DTD is the way to get your doggie to the onsite kennels because they're not allowed on the trams. Also I thought I'd say in that blog, the dog below "your" dog, looks like mine! The one laying down.

jt

Deogee has ridden the tram multiple times to and from the Parking Structure.

And at least one driver is a dog lover, as she came up and recognized him from being in the kennel earlier in the day (She stopped by and said hello to the animals since the kennel is near one of the CM entrance gates).

Mooshu
04-14-2006, 09:28 AM
DarkBeer I love your dogs name!! I know of one other person whos dog has the same name and I thought it was quite creative!:)

newhdplayer
04-14-2006, 09:36 PM

jt

Another mod in training, I see.

averagedork
04-15-2006, 06:09 AM
My parents took Charlie and Peanut through DTD one time to meet up with me to renew my pass. Charlie was being... Charlie.The only issue we had when we brought them is kids. We have terriers (a silky mix-Peanut, and a cairn terrier/chiuaua mix-Charlie) and kids want to pet Charlie because he is cute. Charlie doesn't like kids and he's not afraid to growl (that's all he'll do other than run under legs, but still growling dog isn't fun). So we kept him under our arm the whole time, which got annoying and heavy. But other than that it was fine.

pixiedust123
04-16-2006, 02:55 PM
The official downtown disney policy on pets is that unless they are service animals, they are not allowed. The wording actually says that all animals "living or dead" are prohibited in downtown disney.

The exception to this is if you are traveling to the disneyland kennel.

disneyhound
04-16-2006, 05:15 PM
You know that statement was really inappropriate and totally unecessary to this thread...
could not disagree more...lol...lmao...

stan4d_steph
04-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Mod Reminder: If you feel a post violates community policies, please use the report post button. Thank you.

sierranevada
04-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Well, we were there last night and had no problems. We walked through DTD, stopped and took a picture of Sierra in front of DL gate (just to say that he had been there) and then went to Tortilla Jo's. We sat at the furthest table in the corner in the far back and tied up our dog outside of the eating area. The only people who went back there were CM's and security. We got a few comments on how sweet he was but that was it. After dinner, my son and I went into the park for a few hours and my husband listened to a few musicians on his way out of DTD back to the hotel.

jswtsang
04-18-2006, 07:24 AM
sorry, my bad darkbeer, I thought that I heard that no dogs were allowed on the tram last time I rode it, but that was about a year ago.

What kind of dog is deogee? :)

jt

Malcon10t
04-18-2006, 08:09 AM
sorry, my bad darkbeer, I thought that I heard that no dogs were allowed on the tram last time I rode it, but that was about a year ago.I called Disney's Guest relations to try and figure this out. Their response was that "pets" are not allowed in either DTD or on the trams. You can go thru DTD to get to the kennels, but you aren't to stop and "browse", just go straight to the kennels. Now, what happens in real life is often different than what is supposed to happen. So, riding on the tram is dependant on the person loading the tram, and going thru DTD you can always say you are trying to get to the kennel.

pixiedust123
04-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I called Disney's Guest relations to try and figure this out. Their response was that "pets" are not allowed in either DTD or on the trams.

Not true. They ARE allowed on the trams. In fact, it is in the training guidelines in the parking lot (which includes tram guidelines) that animals can ride on the trams if the owners feel comfortable with it (ie: they don't think it will scare them)

The no animals in downtown unless traveling to the kennel thing is still true though. :)

(i love guest relations cast members, but they have also been known to tell guests there are trams to take to simba, among other things lol)

Darkbeer
04-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Whenever we take Deogee on the tram, we always treat him as we would treat a child, so he is always placed in the CENTER of the tram, and not hanging out, or could maybe jump out of the tram.

TahoeBob
04-20-2006, 01:05 PM

I hate dogs so I think they should not be near DTD