PDA

View Full Version : Easter Sunday~ Busy? Any Special Events?

momuvseven
04-12-2006, 03:37 PM
We extended our trip to allow us to be at the resort on Easter Sunday. Should I expect above average crowds like we experienced over Christmas/New Years? Are there any special events going on in the park? Thanks

sierranevada
04-12-2006, 04:14 PM
We just did the same thing and I am assuming larger crowds than normal - they have a third Fantasmic! show listed that night at 11:30 which is usually an indication that DLR is expecting a big crowd!

sajack
04-12-2006, 04:47 PM
We were there last year for easter and the monorail driver told us that she had never seen so many people in the park. There was a HUGE line for small world.
However we did the Easter breakfast at the hotel and it was sooo yummy. We got our pictures with all the characters and ate so much food. :D

Another Dimension
04-12-2006, 04:48 PM
It would be cool if the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland roller-bladed around Disneyland all day and gave out eggs and candy... :cool:

tod
04-12-2006, 05:20 PM
A hot-air balloon took off from the Plaza on Easter Sunday 1962.

Not much since.

--t

momuvseven
04-12-2006, 05:59 PM
So maybe it would be better to hang out by the pool on Sunday and then go to DLR on Monday? I scored Hyatt Regency really cheap on Priceline and it looks like the pool would be fun. Of course the kids really want to go to DLR so we might go in the morning and then leave when it gets crazy and then hang out by the pool.
I love the White Rabbit idea. My kids really believe in Santa again after seeing him there at Christmas. Brought back the magic for them.

sierranevada
04-12-2006, 06:03 PM
It is going to be busy all week - spring break is in full swing! Personally, I find it hard to be at DLR and not go into the park - even if it is crowded, I am just happier there!

MammaSilva
04-12-2006, 06:30 PM
If you go early while the locals are still sleeping in, hunting eggs, attending services it's not soo bad, but by noon it's time to get out of dodge...and unless this year is the exception, there isn't any thing special about the day unless a CM wishes you a Happy Easter which is possible but not probable since it could be politically incorrect if you don't believe....

Ragrobyn
04-13-2006, 02:49 PM
In the late '80's there used to be an Easter Parade with all the Characters dressed in Easter Bonnets. There was also Character greetings with "Happy Easter 198_" in the background. Years later I wanted to take my kids for Easter...sadly not the same :crying: Not even tea with the Mad Hatter :(

momuvseven
04-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Well I am certain we will have fun. We have never been to Disney on Easter. We went for Christmas and New Year's and had a fantastic time in spite of the crowds and rain. Hoping for more great memories.

sierranevada
04-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Well I am certain we will have fun. We have never been to Disney on Easter. We went for Christmas and New Year's and had a fantastic time in spite of the crowds and rain. Hoping for more great memories.

I will see you there! This last year we have gone July 4th, Veterns Day and the week before Christmas break - that Friday was bad! But, as I always say, I would rather be at a crowded Disneyland than sitting at home!

momuvseven
04-14-2006, 06:41 AM
After our trip at Christmas/New Years we have been to Chuckee Cheese twice and found the crowds and lines to be worse there.

The CM do a good job keeping order even when it is crowded and we can always find something fun to do.

sierranevada
04-14-2006, 06:45 AM
After our trip at Christmas/New Years we have been to Chuckee Cheese twice.

You are a braver person than me!!! I avoid the other mouse like the plague!!!

momuvseven
04-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I am really looking forward to a low key trip this time. More time at the pool, a day at the beach and just taking our sweet time at DLR. There are so many areas of the park that don't require a wait and still lots of fun.

sierranevada
04-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Well, we were there last night for a few hours after dinner and I was surprised at how uncrowded it was! I was expecting big crowds but we walked on Buzz, BTMRR, HM & Soarin'. The crowds were not as bad as I have seen in the hub for the fireworks either. Now, I did notice large crowds in CA for the ELP. Maybe people spent time with their families on Easter?? Anyway, we popped in this morning and it was definitely picking up when we left around 11:30 so I am sure the rest of the week will be busy.