PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland to Seaworld

Petersgj
04-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Can anyone tell me the best way to travel from a Disneyland area hotel to Seaworld, San Diego for a day trip for four people. I don't want to rent a car and drive in all that traffic. Is there a bus or train that will take us there for the day?

Niwel
04-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Well I found this link (http://www.anaheimvisitorcenter.net/store/commerce.cgi?product=Tours&pid=29)

Sea World Transportation & Tickets

Getting to Seaworld from Anaheim has NEVER been easier. Simply book your tour through the Anaheim Visitor Center and the bus will pick you up at your hotel and deliver you to the main gate!
This trip fills up fast so we suggest making your reservation even before your arrival by simply calling 1-877-991-INFO or by email.

(Must present tour voucher to driver at time of tour)

Description Price Qty.
Adult (12 and older) $77.00
Child $63.00

and there's this

Transportation - SHUTTLE from the ANAHEIM VISITOR CENTER - Each Wednesday and Saturday. Call 877-991-4636 to book your spot. $35 round trip!

Random Person
04-11-2006, 11:26 AM
i think a bus will take longer than driving yourself. its not really that far, and if you go at the right time, traffic shouldnt be a problem. its just one freeway all the way down.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-11-2006, 01:15 PM
It will take you about 1hour 30min give or take for traffic and how fast you actualy drive. The best way is to take the 5 south to se world drive and your there. :)

Darkbeer
04-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Another choice is to take the train.

You take the OCTA bus to either the Anaheim or Fullerton stations (the bus stop is a lot closer at Fullerton than at Anaheim).

Take Amtrak to the Santa Fe Station in Downtown San Diego

Then take the San Diego Trolley north to Old Town, then a city bus goes from the Old Town Station to Sea World (there is a bus stop in the park's parking lot). Get the one day Trolley pass at the Santa Fe station, it allows you trips on both the Trolley and the Bus.

More of an Adventure than the bus, which is operated by Coach USA/Gray Line.

More info on the bus tour can be found here.

www.airportbus.com

Tinkermommy
04-11-2006, 01:58 PM
It really is a pretty easy drive, as was posted above. I just did the reverse on Sunday, driving from the Sea World area to Disneyland, and it only took about 90 minutes. It's a beautiful drive! Just a thought...

TP2000
04-11-2006, 02:09 PM
The drive south on I-5 from Anaheim to San Diego is quite lovely actually; especially all of those ocean views you get from San Clemente south.

I wouldn't try it from 3:00pm to 7:00pm or from 7:00am to 9:00am, just because the standard 90 minute time could be lengthened by up to an hour or more. But otherwise it's a fun drive. If you are from a really small town and freeway driving has never been a skill you've used before, I could see where it might be scary. But anyone who has driven on a freeway before should be able to manage Interstate 5 from OC to SD.

Monte Cristo
04-13-2006, 08:59 AM
My wife and I are planning a trip in May and we're first heading to DL, and then on to San Diego then back to DL.

SOOO...generally how long is the ride to and from and any tips for best routes?

mcow1
04-13-2006, 09:07 AM
It takes me between an hour and an hour and a half depending on traffic. Could be longer depending on the time of day. Easiest way is get on the 5 freeway south which is north of the parking structure go south to Sea World Drive.

Skunker
04-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Someone said not to drive the 5 from 7-9 am or 3-7 pm....hmm...if you are doing a day trip from Anaheim to Sea World, it seems like those are the exact times of day you would be traveling??

Bolivar
04-13-2006, 10:36 AM
I hope I won't be reprimanded for changing the subject, but I have to ask a question that is bugging me. Here in Northern California we do not say "the 5". We say "5", as in, "I took 5 down to 580 and cut over to 101". The only people I know who use "the", as in, "I took the 5 down to the 580 and cut over to the 101," are people from Southern California. But, it looks like lots of others here use that structure.

So, show of hands: How many of you from anyplace other than Southern California put "the" in front of highway numbers?

Skunker
04-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Ha ha - good point! And all I can say is that I am from Colorado so I have no excuse other than picking up the lingo from So Cal locals. In Colorado, we don't have 'freeways', we have HIGHWAYS. And we call all interstate roads by their names such as I-25, I-70, I-270, etc. We don't refer to them as "the 25" or even "25", it's always I-whatever.

Ragrobyn
04-13-2006, 02:39 PM
So, show of hands: How many of you from anyplace other than Southern California put "the" in front of highway numbers?

That is a good question! I am from Alberta ( Canada ) and people I know in Northern Alberta say "Take Hwy 5 to Hwy 101 and cut across" We tend not to say "the" infront of Hwy or Fwy #'s. How very interesting! :cool:

The old man
04-13-2006, 03:20 PM
My wife and I are planning a trip in May and we're first heading to DL, and then on to San Diego then back to DL.

SOOO...generally how long is the ride to and from and any tips for best routes?
There is no choice of routes. It's the 5 down and then back up.
David

The old man
04-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Someone said not to drive the 5 from 7-9 am or 3-7 pm....hmm...if you are doing a day trip from Anaheim to Sea World, it seems like those are the exact times of day you would be traveling??
If you go during these times you will definitely add 45 minutes to one hour and lots of aggravation.

David