PDA

View Full Version : Its A Small World ride question

mickeyrat
04-17-2002, 09:45 AM
Does anyone know where I can find out if the It's A Small World ride will be closed on Memorial Day weekend? Or how I might find this info? I just read that it is closed this month, and it is the ride my mother has been looking really foward to going on.

Matterhorn Fan
04-17-2002, 10:14 AM
You can always check what www.disneyland.com says, but it has a bit of a reputation for being inaccurate. Keep checking back and ask again closer to Mem. day.

Jason Reynolds
04-17-2002, 10:34 AM
The way things are being scheduled and re-scheduled etc. around DLR I wouldn't doubt that it may be closed on Memorial Weekend. My theory lately is... "Expect the ride to be closed and then when you get there and it's open you'll have a nice surprise!".

mickeyrat
04-17-2002, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info! I guess I should just go by the guidelines not to get her hopes up too much for this one, and everything should be alright! Heh heh. Thankyou! I will also check out the disneyland homepage.

Uncle Dick
04-17-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by mickeyrat
Does anyone know where I can find out if the It's A Small World ride will be closed on Memorial Day weekend? Or how I might find this info? I just read that it is closed this month, and it is the ride my mother has been looking really foward to going on.
"it's a small world" is scheduled to be closed through June 22. I doubt it'll reopen a month early. Sorry. :(

mickeyrat
04-17-2002, 11:54 AM
Oh crud!! My mom will be so very disappointed! She is in poor health as it is, and this would probably be her last opportunity to see it. Good grief. I wonder if Disneyland has any videos containing footage of the ride? :crying:

zapppop
04-17-2002, 02:53 PM
I suspect the new Disney Land Resort video and dvd might contain footage of the ride but don't hold me to that.
Is it possible you could postpone your visit until the end of June ?

Lacrosse Boy
04-17-2002, 02:55 PM
It's a small world used to be my FAVORITE ride when I was little. NOw, I even remember riding it when I was 2 (we'd ride it about 20 times in a row, which is ok, since my mom likes it a lot too,)