PDA

View Full Version : HoJo a favorite?

Pages : [1] 2

barely
04-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Darkbeer (and others) what makes HoJo a favorite for you? We're booked there September 9-13th.

anniedg
04-10-2006, 12:38 PM
The grounds are nice, good pool, staff was great, requested a 7th floor room with DL view and got exactly what we wanted, walk is not bad at all, and the price was right ( we used the Entertainment Book, $50/night). Dl Hotel is our
We'd definitely stay there again.

robsmustang
04-10-2006, 12:40 PM
it is very clean and if you book early enough the rooms are cheap.

kohl
04-10-2006, 01:16 PM
We thought it was just OK.
They have these windows up high that don't have curtains on them so in some of the rooms there is a light that shines right in your eyes when you are sleeping. Not fun!

sandiegorob
04-10-2006, 01:33 PM
They have these windows up high that don't have curtains on them so in some of the rooms there is a light that shines right in your eyes when you are sleeping. Not fun!
That is only true for a couple of their buildings - you'd be wise to stay away from those buildings. We stay at HoJos every other month and always enjoy it. I like the large pool and kiddie play area, the internal hallways (hate external hallways, the noise and smoke ruin it for me). Staff are great, rooms are clean, and the walk to and from DL isn't bad. Having Mimi's accross the street is an added benefit.

DangerMouse
04-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Large rooms, awesome staff, proximity to DLR, great pool areas, lush grounds, proximity to MiMi's Cafe, and most importantly . . . Entertainment Rates!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-10-2006, 08:00 PM

We stay in the newest building, #2, and we didn't have those in our room. We always get the same room. Willie is awesome about making sure we get "our DL home" as my 4yo likes to call it. The staff is friendly. Grounds are clean. Rooms are spacious and clean. Price is AWESOME! The 8 minute walk isn't bad. Great, well stocked, gift shop. We just can't say enough about HoJos.

sambo
04-11-2006, 09:41 PM
And on top of that, I liked the free internet. I could upload all my day's photos to the web each night so family and friends could get a look at our time in the park each morning...

SoCalCoopers
04-12-2006, 04:13 AM
We stayed at HoJo's for the first time on Sat. and Sun. night (4/8 and 4/9) and we really liked it. Our room was nice and clean, very roomy for the 4 of us-- my husband and I, my 9 YO and 10 1/2 MO. The only downsides: our room faced the freeway so we heard cars throughout the night. :( So get a room facing DL and you'll be fine-- and you'll get a view of the fireworks. I also wish they had continental breakfast available. Just makes things easier in the A.M. especially with kids.:)

stan4d_steph
04-12-2006, 05:35 AM
They have these windows up high that don't have curtains on them so in some of the rooms there is a light that shines right in your eyes when you are sleeping. Not fun!I agree. I thought those windows were strange also. It would definitely make daytime naps a challenge. Traffic noise can also be an issue if you have a room that is close to the freeway.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-12-2006, 06:50 AM
We stayed at HoJo's for the first time on Sat. and Sun. night (4/8 and 4/9) and we really liked it. Our room was nice and clean, very roomy for the 4 of us-- my husband and I, my 9 YO and 10 1/2 MO. The only downsides: our room faced the freeway so we heard cars throughout the night. :( So get a room facing DL and you'll be fine-- and you'll get a view of the fireworks. I also wish they had continental breakfast available. Just makes things easier in the A.M. especially with kids.:)
We stay in building 2 with our room facing the pool, toward the Disneyland end. No noise.

Monte Cristo
04-12-2006, 07:26 PM
We've stayed at HoJo's twice and it is without a doubt the best off-property hotel we've been to that within walking distance (we only stay either on-site or across the street). As mentioned before, the hotel is clean, the staff incredibly friendly and helpful, and free high speed internet.

What I'd like to mention, though, that really sells the place for me is the ambience. The place is themed with Disney stuff so well that it literally feels like an on-site property. They really get it, as opposed to some of the other places in the are that think a Mickey Mouse clock on the front desk is "theming".

white fire
04-12-2006, 09:02 PM
i stayed there for the first time on sun 4/9. i took advantage of the AP discount. was expecting more by the way people go on about it but left alittle to be desired. i was in bldg 1 and could tell the room was old and needed updating. guess if i stay there again it will be in bldg 2. wasn't too disappointed though, wasn't really there enough to care that much. used it more as a parking spot that anything ;-)

Mark Mywords
04-13-2006, 10:28 AM
We've stayed there a few times now. Each time, I was less impressed with the place. Maybe it's just because, for some reason, we always end up in Building #1 (even when booking way in advance).

hefferdude
04-13-2006, 11:42 AM
They have these windows up high that don't have curtains on them so in some of the rooms there is a light that shines right in your eyes when you are sleeping.

You're referring to the top floors of bldgs 1 ( main ) bldgs 3-4-5-6 ( pavilions ). We actually enjoyed the extra light and higher ceilings. We're bldg 2 fans now though.

One of my favorite HoJo memories is staying in one of the pavilion rooms and having a cricket decide to start chirping as we were trying to take a nap. Damn bug. One of my boys said just make believe we were camping.

Oh! OK. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-13-2006, 02:20 PM
We've stayed there a few times now. Each time, I was less impressed with the place. Maybe it's just because, for some reason, we always end up in Building #1 (even when booking way in advance).
Darkbeer knows Willie there and he can get his email address for you. I make my reservations directly with Willie and we not only get building 2, but he gives us the same room every time. He is great and VERY accomodating.

Darkbeer
04-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Darkbeer knows Willie there and he can get his email address for you. I make my reservations directly with Willie and we not only get building 2, but he gives us the same room every time. He is great and VERY accomodating.

Here is the e-mail address...

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

Feel free to drop my name... I saw him yesterday for a few minutes.... Looking good and was in his normal high spirits.... :fez:

FYI, no promises for anything, but he does his best (along with tthe rest of the staff) to try and deliver what you want.

Let him know what you are looking for, and he will respond with what he can over...

DangerMouse
04-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Here is the e-mail address...

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

Feel free to drop my name... I saw him yesterday for a few minutes.... Looking good and was in his normal high spirits.... :fez:

FYI, no promises for anything, but he does his best (along with tthe rest of the staff) to try and deliver what you want.

Let him know what you are looking for, and he will respond with what he can over...

I completely agree! I always deal with Willie directly, and he is THEE man to get you what you are looking for.

barely
04-26-2006, 10:24 AM
I actually requested a room with those strange windows! It's Disneyland-who wants to sleep in?! I'm tired of dark, dreary hotel rooms-let the sun shine in!
(I just hope I don't regret it!:D ).

sandiegorob
04-26-2006, 10:45 AM
I actually requested a room with those strange windows! It's Disneyland-who wants to sleep in?! I'm tired of dark, dreary hotel rooms-let the sun shine in!
We stayed in building 2 for five days about two weeks ago. We had a room facing the pool and were on the top floor, 7th. My family and I really liked the funky windows, no problems at all with the sunlight. The arched ceiling actually made the room seem larger - we plan on getting the 7th floor for our next visit in June.

barely
04-26-2006, 11:01 AM
YAY! Thanks Sandiegorob!

kohl
04-26-2006, 12:39 PM

The light from the windows shown on my face all night long! I have a problem sleeping in that that wasn't a problem for me. The problem was getting to sleep with the light.

DangerMouse
04-26-2006, 01:22 PM
We stayed in building 2 for five days about two weeks ago. We had a room facing the pool and were on the top floor, 7th. My family and I really liked the funky windows, no problems at all with the sunlight. The arched ceiling actually made the room seem larger - we plan on getting the 7th floor for our next visit in June.

Just to clarify, Bldg. 1 is the only building with 7 floors. Bldg. 2 only has 3-4 floors, I believe.

CarlieB
04-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Building 2 is the large building at the back of the property, by the quieter swimming pool. It's my preferred building to stay in - a tiny bit further to walk, but nice and close to the pool (and the grounds are so nice it's no problem anyway):)

sandiegorob
04-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Just to clarify, Bldg. 1 is the only building with 7 floors. Bldg. 2 only has 3-4 floors, I believe.
My bad! Could have sworn that was building 2, that's what I get for asking my better half. You'd think I would know by now, we've stayed in that building at least ten times.