PDA

View Full Version : A third park for Disneyland?

findin mickeys
04-10-2006, 09:45 AM
I recently returned from a 7 day stay at the happiest place on earth. The trip was wonderful. We were in DLR with two other families. One of my friends that was with us, said that the ART driver that was taking them to the park, pointed to the land that is fenced off for the "Anaheim Gardens" and said that is going to be a third D-land theme park. I looked this up on Google and found this:

http://www.urbanretail.com/urpweb.nsf/AllDocsByID/0C6DC9AB499890A08825702E006875EF?OpenDocument

You will probably have to cut and paste it into your web Browser, but here is the quote I saw:

Contracts that Urban has secured over the past few months reflect the company's service diversity. Among the highlights:

• Anaheim Garden Walk, Anaheim, California. Located between Disney's front gate to The Magic Kingdom and the new California Adventure, and Disney's newly announced Third Park,(Highlite done by me) the mixed-use lifestyle center will boast retail, hotel and a multi-story parking structure.

This is the first I have heard of a third park at DLR. I figure some of you on this board will have some insight on this. Is this just a pipe dream or is it really being considered and in the works?

newhdplayer
04-10-2006, 10:15 AM
They should finish the second park, before they start on a third gate.

CinemaGal15
04-10-2006, 06:46 PM
For almost 5 years now I believe they have been asking Anaheim residents what they want for the third park, so thats not new news. The Anaheim GardenWalk IS NOT Disney related. Disney has been delaying it because of the 50th, but it's not Disney's park. The other Disney park is going to be across from the Hilton, Marriott and those big hotels farther down Harbor, which is now an open lots for fall-out parking for the Convention Center.

I recently returned from a 7 day stay at the happiest place on earth. The trip was wonderful. We were in DLR with two other families. One of my friends that was with us, said that the ART driver that was taking them to the park, pointed to the land that is fenced off for the "Anaheim Gardens" and said that is going to be a third D-land theme park. I looked this up on Google and found this:

http://www.urbanretail.com/urpweb.nsf/AllDocsByID/0C6DC9AB499890A08825702E006875EF?OpenDocument

You will probably have to cut and paste it into your web Browser, but here is the quote I saw:

Contracts that Urban has secured over the past few months reflect the company's service diversity. Among the highlights:

• Anaheim Garden Walk, Anaheim, California. Located between Disney's front gate to The Magic Kingdom and the new California Adventure, and Disney's newly announced Third Park,(Highlite done by me) the mixed-use lifestyle center will boast retail, hotel and a multi-story parking structure.

This is the first I have heard of a third park at DLR. I figure some of you on this board will have some insight on this. Is this just a pipe dream or is it really being considered and in the works?

darph nader
04-10-2006, 07:15 PM
A few years ago there was a web site www.thirdthemepark.com(i think).Allegedly south on Harbor,across from Convention Way. But so far nothing.:confused:

findin mickeys
04-11-2006, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the information. This was the first I had heard of a third park proposal. It appears to me that they are going to focus on CA for a couple more years before they start on a new park. Could they be considering something similar to the Tokyo Sea park that I have read about on this board a few times? That park sounds like it is fantastic. What do the rest of you think the park should be themed as?

Disneyland2004
04-11-2006, 08:09 AM
yay:D

Disneynerd
04-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the information. This was the first I had heard of a third park proposal. It appears to me that they are going to focus on CA for a couple more years before they start on a new park. Could they be considering something similar to the Tokyo Sea park that I have read about on this board a few times? That park sounds like it is fantastic. What do the rest of you think the park should be themed as?Great question!
If it were up to me (and why shouldn't it?) I wouldn't want the new park to center around sea life or any other animals. I just feel it's been done before. Disney is so good at creating original ideas that they will hopefully come up with something totally original.
I remember the "feeling" of Epcot when I was a kid. Science-y, but fun. I'd like to see something along those lines. Dark, educational rides are wonderful:geek:

Omnitographer
04-11-2006, 09:16 AM
How about more adult park? Something with coasters (plural!) and more thrill rides.

Mark Mywords
04-11-2006, 10:00 AM
How about more adult park? Something with coasters (plural!) and more thrill rides.

I think that's what they tried to accomplish with DCA. When it opened, there wasn't much for little kids. That was one of the most common complaints about the place. I would think that Disney would be pretty shy about repeating that strategy again.