PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry with ParkHoppers

JSKoehler
04-10-2006, 05:41 AM
Last year when we visted DLR we purchased 3-day Park Hoppers that included 1 early entry. The back of teh ticket included a notation that it was eligible for the early entry, and when we used it, the attendant simply marked through the notation.

Now, I have friends going to DLR next week and they also purchased 3-day PHs with the same offer from the website, but their tickets do not have an notation of early entry nor did they receive any voucher or other indication of the perk. Will the early entry be honored based on the type of ticket they purchased?

Niwel
04-10-2006, 07:50 AM
EE is usually reserved for those staying at the hotels ... if it doesn't indicate it on their ticket, it probably doesn't include it -- but I would check with whomever they bought the tickets with just to make sure... :)

hlbtimes2
04-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Most 3 day or more park hoppers include one day of EE. However, sometimes if they are discount tickets, like those purchased on a military base, they do not include it. Do you know where they got their tickets?

ralfrick
04-10-2006, 08:04 AM
If the website where they bought them say it's included, it shouldn't be a problem. They could print the page to take if they want to be sure. The computers can keep track of whether the ticket has been used for EE, so it doesn't have to be noted on the ticket itself, although that makes it more difficult for the ticket holder. My guess is that Disney wants as little info as possible on the ticket as to whether it's been used, how many days are gone and such to make it harder to resell. That's certainly the reason that the only way to find out if a WDW ticket has days remaining is to take the ticket to Florida. People will be reluctant to buy a partially used ticket if they can't tell exactly how partially used it is.

Cheers.

SeansMom
04-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Our tickets had a notation that said, "Includes One Early Entry", but the early entry was never marked out in any way. The ticket was "read" by the automated machine, an a tiny pinhole was punched for each day of use.
If they got their tickets from the DL website, the early entry will be included for sure. I'd take supporting paperwork with me, if they are concerned.

samkj
04-10-2006, 09:11 AM
EE is usually reserved for those staying at the hotels ... if it doesn't indicate it on their ticket, it probably doesn't include it -- but I would check with whomever they bought the tickets with just to make sure... :)
I think that is only at WDW, at DL most park hopper ticket for 3 days or more have one early entry. Ours in Nov had it noted on the back. We bought our tickets through Disney, but booked and stayed off site.

Niwel
04-10-2006, 09:31 AM
I think that is only at WDW, at DL most park hopper ticket for 3 days or more have one early entry. Ours in Nov had it noted on the back. We bought our tickets through Disney, but booked and stayed off site.

ahhh..... gotcha -- some people try to EE with 2-day hoppers (but don't you have to be at a hotel for that?)

samkj
04-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Yes with a 1-2 day park ticket(hopper or otherwise) you would have to be a guest at a DLR hotel to get EE. However in my understanding the EE for hotel guests is unofficial and could be stopped at any time.

CaptainHook15
04-10-2006, 10:42 AM
I just bought a 3-day parkhopper for me and my better half (we are staying off property). It says it comes with one EE to Fantasyland. It also mentions something called 'Morning Madness in Toontown'. Does anyone have an idea what that is? I have never heard of it before.

kimmybear
04-10-2006, 11:38 AM
I just bought a 3-day parkhopper for me and my better half (we are staying off property). It says it comes with one EE to Fantasyland. It also mentions something called 'Morning Madness in Toontown'. Does anyone have an idea what that is? I have never heard of it before.

the "Morning Madness in Toontown" is when you get early entry to Toontown. Toontown usually opens 1 hour after the park opens, so with the "Morning Madness" you get to go in when the rest of the park opens. You can check the Disneyland.com site and there's this short video/advertisement explaining it. :D

JSKoehler
04-10-2006, 03:09 PM
These tickets were bought online directly from Diseny and the promotion, which runs through the end of this month, was the "adults pay the kids price" and includes one EE. I made my post based on my friend's assertion that the ticket did not mention the EE, but when I questioned him further, he conceded that he may not have looked closely at the back of the ticket, where the notice was on ours. He said he would check the tickets this evening. Even if it is not on the ticket, I feel certain Disney will honor it (they have the offer from the website printed off and can go to Guest Relations their first day if they need too)

As always, Thanks for all the advice . . . Mouse Planeteers are the Best :)

tmptink
04-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know if you can get EE with military tickets too?