PDA

View Full Version : Recommend pet friendly hotel

sierranevada
04-09-2006, 12:55 PM
We always stay at one of the 3 DLR hotels but this time, we will be returning from San Diego with our golden retriever and want to stop by DL for one night. In looking at dog friendly hotels, the ones with availability for our night (4/21) are:
Quality Inn Maingate
Marriott Suites
Red Roof Inn Maingate
Extended Stay America

Would like some opinions on the quality of the hotels listed. Thanks.

Minnie66
04-09-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't know about hotels, but what a beautiful picture of your dog!!

Petersgj
04-09-2006, 01:58 PM
There was a discussion on this topic last month. Do a search of "pet hotel" and it will come up. Lots of good suggestions there.

kisroo
04-09-2006, 02:09 PM
We always stay at one of the 3 DLR hotels but this time, we will be returning from San Diego with our golden retriever and want to stop by DL for one night. In looking at dog friendly hotels, the ones with availability for our night (4/21) are:
Quality Inn Maingate
Marriott Suites
Red Roof Inn Maingate
Extended Stay America

Would like some opinions on the quality of the hotels listed. Thanks.

I'd check on www.tripadvisor.com on all the hotels you've listed. There are usually a lot of reviews from people who have stayed at the hotels on that website. Marriot Suites are *usually* nice hotels, though.

~kisroo:0

sierranevada
04-09-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't know about hotels, but what a beautiful picture of your dog!!

Thanks - he is an old guy (almost 14 yrs old) which accounts for the white face!

sierranevada
04-09-2006, 03:31 PM
There was a discussion on this topic last month. Do a search of "pet hotel" and it will come up. Lots of good suggestions there.

I did look at that thread which is where I got the list of the pet friendly hotels but most of the thread wandered very off topic. I was hoping to hear from people who have actually stayed at any of this hotels. MP hotel reviews only has one of them (Red Roof) and that review is over 2 years old and things can change.

Thanks.

chrisaustx
04-09-2006, 11:22 PM
All ACCOR hotels, Motel 6, Red Roof Inn allow pets. Motel 6 near 5 and UCI Medical Center and the Red Roof Inn in the Anaheim Resort, should both allow dogs. Please see: www.motel6.com, www.redroof.com. Hope this helps.

smpetowner
04-10-2006, 11:41 AM
I have stayed at LaQuinta Anaheim with my small dog, that was my personal favorite. I don't think they charge extra. Coast hotel takes dogs, with extra fee. Anaheim plaza hotel also, at the stoplight to go into the parking entrance on harbor. I also stayed at the red roof inn. Not as nice as La Quinta, Coast, or even anaheim plaza hotel.

sierranevada
04-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Okay - we changed our date and are now stopping at DL on our way to San Diego this Sunday, 4/16 and are staying at the Anaheim Plaza (great rate of $89). So my other dog questions is, can we walk through DTD with the dog on leash? I know most "open air" shopping centers allow it but I don't know if I have ever seen a dog (besides a service dog) in DTD. Any other dog hints?

Thanks everyone!

Mickey7
04-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I have stayed at Red Roof Inn with our dog. I thought the place was ok, but my wife did not like it as much. We have also stayed at the Westin in Costa Mesa about a 15-20 min. drive to Disneyland and that was a really nice place. The reason we stayed there was we got a great deal on Hot Wire and by luck it is a hotel that takes dogs. So we ended taking our dog with us.

Spazz
04-15-2006, 06:50 AM
My dog is a show dog and I travel with him a lot. When we go to shows we always stay at Marriott Residence Inn Suites. They are very dog friendly and have poop bag stations around the property which make clean up easy. Also they have the studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom suites with kitchens so I can make his food and wash his bowls easily. I also have a large breed dog (akita) and it is sometimes hard to find hotels that take large breeds (some only allow small breeds) so the Marriott Residence Inn is my choice.

Spazz
04-15-2006, 06:52 AM
My dog is a show dog and I travel with him a lot. When we go to shows we always stay at Marriott Residence Inn Suites. They are very dog friendly and have poop bag stations around the property which make clean up easy. Also they have the studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom suites with kitchens so I can make his food and wash his bowls easily. I also have a large breed dog (akita) and it is sometimes hard to find hotels that take large breeds (some only allow small breeds) so the Marriott Residence Inn is my choice.

As for dogs in Downtown Disney, I think it is fine if they are on a leash. I've seen dogs on the trams and they have to get to the kennel in the esplanade some way.

Malcon10t
04-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Okay - we changed our date and are now stopping at DL on our way to San Diego this Sunday, 4/16 and are staying at the Anaheim Plaza (great rate of $89). So my other dog questions is, can we walk through DTD with the dog on leash? I know most "open air" shopping centers allow it but I don't know if I have ever seen a dog (besides a service dog) in DTD. Any other dog hints?

Thanks everyone!Hi, yes, you can wander thru DTD with the pup on leash. (And he is a good looking guy!!!!) The trams will not allow you on with the dog though, so you may wish to park in DTD area. You can walk from the parking structure though. Anaheim Plaza is an OK hotel and they allow pups. They have decent grass areas (my daughter checks out the grass areas before a room...) Its about the same walk as from Paradise Pier.

sierranevada
04-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Been a long time since our guy was called a pup - he will be 14 yrs young in a few months. Thanks for the tips - we aren't expecting great things from the Anaheim Plaza (certainly no comparison to all the DLR hotels) but it is walkable and dog friendly. My husband is not going into the park with us - yes, I know, I married a non-believer! - so will walk around with Sierra. If anyone notices a very tall guy - 6'6" - walking a very old golden, stop and say hello!

This is actually the first time my son and I have just stopped in for a quick visit - we usually stay 4 - 6 days! Since we aren't going back until Aug, we had to make a quick stop for a DL fix!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. BTW, Malcon10t, I so admire what you do. We thought about it but realized it would break our hearts to give the pup up... even for a great cause! Glad there are people like you to raise the pups!

Mickey7
04-15-2006, 07:37 PM
When did they change the rule you can not bring your dog on the tram? I was there a couple of months ago and my family brought our dog with us on the tram. She is a small dog and sat on my lap, but the staff never said anything. Just had lots of comments on how cute our dog is.

Malcon10t
04-16-2006, 10:36 AM
When did they change the rule you can not bring your dog on the tram? I was there a couple of months ago and my family brought our dog with us on the tram. She is a small dog and sat on my lap, but the staff never said anything. Just had lots of comments on how cute our dog is.
Last Christmas, as we were heading back, I heard a Timon lot CM tell a passenger they could not take their dog on the tram as only service animals were allowed on the trams. Perhaps he was mistaken, since DarkBeer also rides with his dog. I know the ART bus drivers will allow dogs, but only if in a portable crate. They tried telling me our 75lb lab needed to be in a crate, til they called dispatch and found service dogs don't have to be in a crate......