PDA

View Full Version : HM closing for overlay in September?

barely
04-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know when the HM will actually be closed for overlay this year? I read in riderefurbs that it's supposed to close September 11th. We'll be at DL September 9-13th, so I would like to know if we'll be able to do HM.

Burnt Toast
04-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know when the HM will actually be closed for overlay this year? I read in riderefurbs that it's supposed to close September 11th. We'll be at DL September 9-13th, so I would like to know if we'll be able to do HM.

Well, barring any inaccuracies (RideRefurbs is an unofficial source)... you'll be able to go on Haunted Mansion on... drum roll please...!

September 9th.

September 10th.

... :rolleyes:

Osky
04-08-2006, 02:23 PM
drum roll please...!

You forgot the "Ba Dum, Ching!" at the end of that! ;)

HorizonsA
04-08-2006, 02:52 PM

I think you answered your own question. If Haunted Mansion closes on the 11th and you're there from the 9-13, then that gives you 2 days to ride it. If you already have the information than why did you ask? Plus, how is anyone supposed to know officially when Haunted Mansion closes when it's too far away and it's too early to tell? And nothing is official until Disney announces it. Just wait till May, then Disney will post the calendar dates for September and you'll know when attractions close. But other than that, you already answered your question.

barely
04-08-2006, 03:04 PM
I asked simply because I wasn't sure how accurate the info I had was. At another site, someone said the closure would be the 9th. Darkbeer usually gives accurate info, so I hoped that he or someone else with knowledgable input might be able to answer with authority.

barely
04-08-2006, 03:06 PM
(Sorry if I ruffled your feathers).

GrumpyUTboi
04-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Just a little harsh HorizonsA? I wonder how you treat your customers at the Disney Store.

Darkbeer
04-08-2006, 06:46 PM
The info is correct, it is scheduled to go down on the 11th, but of course, Disney could modify the schedule. The reopening date is pretty much set, but if they think more work is needed, it might close earlier, but more than likely no earlier than Sept. 5th.

barely
04-08-2006, 08:02 PM
My most humble thanks to you, Darkbeer (and to you, BurntToast)!