PDA

View Full Version : Parade/Ambient Audio Gorgeous

Werner
04-08-2006, 01:01 PM
I have always been impressed by the audio, especially for parades. The audio is always so clear and resonant. I've never encountered an aural environment so lush and full anywhere else. There is a special quality to it -- almost euphoric. Like when, during the parades, there is a chorus of voices that seem to be at once hundreds strong, yet all one voice. And the bass is always clear -- not "ba-boom ba-boom" like so many of those freakin' souped-up systems in some hot-shots car -- but "just right". To me, the super-high-quality sound I hear for a parade (or even just the happy "Main Street" music) does to my ears what a prized original oil painting, or some other work of fine art, or a glorious, glowing rose in the fresh morning light does to my eyes. One of my friends thought it was due to the park using "high-efficiency" speakers. I kind of think I understand that but maybe someone else out there (audio engineer, et al?) could elaborate. Anyway, has anyone else noticed this "Disneyland Sound" thing or is it just in my head? LOL

lobotomomma
04-08-2006, 03:14 PM
When I was at DL a few weeks ago , I was SO impressed with the parade-the music included! It was the perfect volume and all the music captured each "float" wonderfully. The characters in the parade had their choreography timed just right with the music. I'm not even close to being an audio engineer, but I appreciated it as much as you did! Does that count? :o)

Werner
04-08-2006, 04:16 PM
When I was at DL a few weeks ago , I was SO impressed with the parade-the music included! It was the perfect volume and all the music captured each "float" wonderfully. The characters in the parade had their choreography timed just right with the music. I'm not even close to being an audio engineer, but I appreciated it as much as you did! Does that count? :o)

Sure it counts, Lobotomomma! I haven't seen nor heard the latest parade, yet, but I'm glad you enjoyed it -- sounds like a feast for eyes and ears alike. :)

potzbie
04-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Then you KNOW what this couplet is from.

'Welcome to our family time.
Welcome to our reveille time."

Wesley815
04-09-2006, 02:30 AM
Then you KNOW what this couplet is from.

'Welcome to our family time.
Welcome to our reveille time.""Reveille time"??

It's Brotherly Time and Happy to be Time as far as I know...
Welcome to our family time
Welcome to our brotherly time
We're happy giving and taking
to the friends we're making
There's nothing we won't do

Welcome to our family time
Welcome to our happy to be time
This is our festival
you know and best of all
We're here to share it allOr did I miss something different that you meant in your post?