PDA

View Full Version : New Photos from Disneyland (including lots of Submarine Lagoon) today 4/7/06

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

chrisaustx
04-07-2006, 11:25 PM
I was at the park the whole day today, and took some great shots of the sub lagoon construction. The monorail beam way has been placed inside of the new building. Workers were installing new submarine boarding walkways, I believe that is what can be seen laying on the ground. I also took many photos of the Electrical Parade, now presented by Sylvania. The shot at the top of the Matterhorn is the weather station, this is how Disneyland knows if it's too windy for the fireworks.
Well enjoy, please hit GUEST on the AOL photos web page and it will let you right in, also if you view the slide show option, the photos will display full screen.
Enjoy
Chris
Anaheim, CA
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kjyeHPhz15xOGaJ qN1aVhtX0GeQTX7vitWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Stitch Lover
04-08-2006, 12:06 AM
thank you VERY MUCH for sharing those pictures! it is so exciting to see that nemo ride being built! i can't wait till it is finished!:) thanks again!:D

chrisaustx
04-08-2006, 12:28 AM
You are welcome, I will be going by the park next week in the mornings to see if can get some photos of the subs leaving the lagoon. So hopefully after all the wooden walkways are installed, the subs will be yanked out by cranes.

Stitch Lover
04-08-2006, 12:05 PM
i look forward to your new pictures:)

I Heart Disneyland!
04-08-2006, 12:35 PM
LOVE the photos!!! They are wonderful. It's like a mini trip to DL. I hope you don't mind that I used the one of the front of IASW, with the dolls coming out, as my desktop. It's darling!!! Thanks for sharing!

MortgageMan
04-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Great photos!

I call your attention to picture # 44, showing a worker applying duct tape to sub tracks. When I was in the auto repair business we used duct tape when we wanted to "jury rig" a job. Let's hope this is not the case here.

chrisaustx
04-08-2006, 04:30 PM
I will be taking photos each day of the submarine lagoon, I just returned from Disneyland 30 min. ago, here are today's new photos. Work is being done 24/7 now on the Submarine Lagoon, so tomorrow there should be more work completed. I am glad you liked the small world photos, yes you may use them.

Please hit Guest on the AOL photos screen, and view the photos as a slide show. It appears night work happened last night to install the wooden boarding areas. I will take and post more photos, tomorrow: Sunday, 4-09-06.
Regards,
Chris

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kjyeHPhz15xJ1kD NkOItRuC%2fILeROYf8xWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

04-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I will be taking photos each day of the submarine lagoon

Awesome, so awesome! Many, many thanks, chrisaustx.

I Heart Disneyland!
04-08-2006, 08:07 PM
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77kjyeHPhz15xJ1kD NkOItRuC%2fILeROYf8xWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

The honorary Grand Marshals of the day are from MY town in Washington! Wild!!!!!

anniedg
04-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks for sharing!!!

Disney Village
04-08-2006, 10:28 PM
The openness and location of the monorail path makes this a very unique situation where pictures of the ride progress can be documented on a daily basis. This has got to be a first for a major ride to be built before everyone’s eyes instead of the secrecy that an enclosed building affords (i.e. Space Mountain).

For the longest time, pictures were mostly of a drained lagoon with nothing going on. Now that the ride construction has started and going full throttle, updated pictures show new ride elements, designs, track layout etc. I have to think some of the magic of what to expect is going to be ruined by those following every update in detail, but hey, whatever floats your boat (pun intended).

I would think that now would be the appropriate time for posters on these discussion boards in addition to the website providing updates with pictures to post Spoiler warnings in the title of the thread for those that do not want to be spoiled. Granted there are no actual pictures in the thread, but the open discussion about the details of the pictures and what’s going on is basically the same thing.

Maybe Disney Management can find a way to cover it up or put a temp wall on the side of the monorail tracks that is exposed to the construction.

Wesley815
04-09-2006, 02:54 AM
I would think that now would be the appropriate time for posters on these discussion boards in addition to the website providing updates with pictures to post Spoiler warnings in the title of the thread for those that do not want to be spoiled.You probably shouldn't read any message threads then.

Everyone's very excited about the attraction coming back and I don't think spoiler warnings are needed at all. You can't be serious that you're actually complaining about this message topic talking about the Subs, even though IT'S IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD. :rolleyes:

04-09-2006, 06:01 AM
I would think that now would be the appropriate time for posters on these discussion boards in addition to the website providing updates with pictures to post Spoiler warnings in the title of the thread for those that do not want to be spoiled.

If you don't want to read about what's happening in the lagoon or showbuilding, don't open any submarine threads.

Disney Village
04-09-2006, 08:40 AM
These replies are about what I expected.

I don’t view pictures of the sub progress, but that’s not the point. I’m just as excited as everyone else about the new ride, and if folks are interested in following the building process by viewing pictures and discussing all the ride elements being added (and there are many of you), then go for it…to each his own.

My “complaint” so to speak is that, as a courtesy to others, a “Spoiler” tag or warning should be put on the thread title so folks can decide whether or not they want to view the thread in advance.

What is the difference between this thread and a thread revealing plot details and storylines of the upcoming “X-Men” or “CARS” movie…or unaired episodes of “The Sopranos” or “Lost”…nothing. But you can bet those will have spoiler warnings.

chrisaustx
04-09-2006, 10:15 AM
**Spoiler*** Warning***
I have just returned from the park with new photos, in todays photos:
Sub Loading Ramps have been installed
Star Fish and other sea creatures are being installed
Work is being done inside of the show building
The site is being cleaned up for the adding of the water
The work done to the newly built dock is awesome, WDI did a great job constructing the dock.
I will once again venture out to the park on Monday morning for more photos.
Lots of work is being in the Submarine Lagoon this weekend. Once again, please hit Guest on the AOL pictures web page, and hit view slide show for full screen photos.
Regards,
Chris
Anaheim, CA

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=esv4e%2b9w77lFLdMvIeeFcN1LP jdQqZpPSGyytjBH4jJWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

04-09-2006, 11:21 AM
My “complaint” so to speak is that, as a courtesy to others, a “Spoiler” tag or warning should be put on the thread title so folks can decide whether or not they want to view the thread in advance.

But the title itself of this thread tells you there will be "New Photos ... including lots of Submarine Lagoon". I'm trying to understand, Disney Village, but spoiler tags are redundant when the thread title is so clear.

chrisaustx
04-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I hope we get to see some yellow submarines this week, I have a feeling all of them will be parked next to that new dock area. I will surely put up the spoiler warnings for those "submarine at the dock" photos.

Disneytwins
04-09-2006, 02:40 PM
It looks like that the monorail will not go through the showbuilding. The wood is just there for safety reasons.

chrisaustx
04-09-2006, 03:22 PM
The old monorail beamway was encased in concrete and makes up one of the walls of the show building, see photo. So the monorail will run on top of the roof of the showbuilding.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/09c291a6.jpg

Neon Cactus
04-09-2006, 04:11 PM

What is the difference between this thread and a thread revealing plot details and storylines of the upcoming “X-Men” or “CARS” movie…or unaired episodes of “The Sopranos” or “Lost”…nothing. But you can bet those will have spoiler warnings.

I can see what you're trying to say. I have to admit I do read as much about the new plot as possible, but I don't really like to look at the pictures. I've seen several of them and all it looks like is...a construction site. I think I'll wait until there's some pictures with water and the submarines in there tp really get interested. I'm sure there's going to be similar public views if/when they bring the Peoplemover back and/or restore the Astro Orbiter to its rightful place on top of it. It just seems if I look at the pictures from one day to the next, there's not much difference.

After my last visit, considering the recent crowds, my main concern is going to be the queue size and how slow the ride cycles guests through. Autopia is pretty darn slow, but if my memory serves correct, Submarine Voyage made Autopia look fast. I would guess the lines would get to over two hours on a busy day. I wonder if they'd even do fastpass, but even with that, considering the slow cycle time, those fastpasses would go quickly.

chrisaustx
04-09-2006, 10:26 PM
**Warning**Spoilers***
As a former contractor for Walt Disney Imagineering on the Monsters, Inc. Ride, I can tell you, WDI will not pay for Sunday overtime or night crews unless something big is happening. Night work and Sunday crews have been working in the submarine lagoon like crazy this weekend, something big is happening. So taking pictures every day will ensure we see the events as they unfold. Disney doesn't like to pay over time, and I had to fight with them several times over change orders for overtime on the Monsters Inc. job, so whatever is happening right now is big.

I was at the park tonight, and I found another location to view the submarine show building. I have spotted a submarine, sanded down, all the yellow paint sanded off, all the rust sanded off, with ladders leaning on the rear of the sub. Sanding work is being completed on the exterior of the subs inside of the show buildings. It was too dark to get a photo of the sub tonight, I will try to get a photo tomorrow, so yes, the rehab work is underway on the subs themselves. I am very curious to see what will transpire this week in the submarine lagoon. I will be back at the park again all this week.
Regards,
Chris
Anaheim, CA

04-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Cool, cool, cool, chrisaustx! Thank you so much for the report. Much appreciaited.

disneyhound
04-10-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks chrisaustx! I enjoy viewing other padders photos of DL, whatever subject the photos might be. Who would have thunk it, that by viewing a thread announcing photos from DL, with the sub-title (pun intended) "including lots of Submarine Lagoon", that one would see actually see photos of the Sub Lagoon. :confused: Keep them coming!

MrsPooh
04-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Um, as I can see, you have to actually click a link to view the photos, thus giving you the option of actually viewing the photos. Or not. Your choice. :rolleyes:

Myself, I like seeing the progress. I wish more rides were this way. I'd LOVE to know what is going on in POTC!

chrisaustx, thanks for keeping us upated, those of us who want to know and can't get to the park regularly to see the progess.

I, for one, am grateful! :D

MrsPooh
04-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Know what ticks me off??

I didn't find this thread until today, and I am at work with a computer monitor that is on it's way out. Meaning it is too dark to get a great look at Chris' photos! :mad:

Now I have to wait until I get home! :mad:

Bummer. :rolleyes:

Great pic of Snow White's Grotto, BTW. Made great wallpaper for me today!