PDA

View Full Version : A Charming Story

slydini
04-07-2006, 12:52 PM
I went to Disneyland yesterday with my wife and son. We somehow thought it wasn't going to be crowded on a Thursday, boy was I wrong, but that's a different story. We had reservations for Goofy's Kitchen at 12:50. We got there and went in to eat. I was with my son while my wife was getting food. Dale came up and my son went crazy. Dale gave him a huge hug which must have lasted two minutes. My son was in heaven. A few other characters came by, my son tried to hug them but they were fairly stand ofish. Dale came by again, and again a huge hug. This was folowed by Dale taking my son out of his high chair and getting on the floor with him, followed by even more hugs. My son saw Goofy and got very excited. Goofy did not come. Dale took my son by the habd and walked him around the entire Resteraunt untill we found Goofy. After that we left and were in the lobby. My son found where they were showing the cartoons. We were coming out and Dale came out of the resteraunt and came into the room and sat with my son and watched cartoons with him. It was the most magical time we have had at Disney.

Susan L
04-07-2006, 12:55 PM
How sweet, that's why I like Goofy's Kitchen cool stuff like that happens.

DisneyMa
04-07-2006, 12:57 PM
:) :) :) :) how sweet is that :) :) :) :)

Stitch Lover
04-07-2006, 01:07 PM
that is so neat! now that is a GREAT CM!!:) thank you for sharing that story:)

FMTX
04-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Do the people doing the characters switch around because the Dale at Plaza Inn in November was that way with our boys. We were having a hard time getting the other characters to come out on our side, but Dale kept coming back and spending lots of time. Could it be the same Dale? Dale also spent about 5 minutes writing in my son's autograph book on how to tell Chip and Dale apart

PirateSmile
04-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Aw! That's so cute!

disneyjunkie
04-07-2006, 10:44 PM
We have had similar expeiences with Dale and my grandson at Goofy's , Dale seems to have a big heart, also the princes Cinderella, Aurora, and Jasmine have all interacted with him a lot.
The best experience we had was in the Animation Building at DCA with JoJo. It was basically empty and my grandson who was just walking went up to JoJo who then sat down on the floor and played baby games with him for 20 minutes, and held him on her lap and whispered in his ear and played peek a boo and patty cake, the little guy was in love.

I Heart Disneyland!
04-07-2006, 10:57 PM
It was the most magical time we have had at Disney.

That CM deserves an award for being such a people person! That is the cutest story I have heard in a very long time, about a DL experience!!

darph nader
04-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Tooo Coool. I have GOT to try one of these Character Breakfasts with my grandkids in a couple of years.:cool: