PDA

View Full Version : picture question

Duchess mermaid
04-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Are Cast members allowed to take pic's of you with your own camera? and do they mind doing it? It's just two of us on our trip, on our honeymoon we got like no pic's of us together (not at DL). I would like pic's of us together on this trip.

Also, is it lame for two adults to go to mickeys house to get a pic taken? And can you use your own camera there?

Thanks

Shinku
04-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Cast members should be allowed to take pictures for you as long as it doesn't interfere with their work. I've never had one say no, anyway. If you go to et your picture taken in front of the castle (the kind that disney would like you to buy) you can hand off your camera and they will take one with your camera too.

And it's never lame for adults to snuggle up to Mickey! Ever.

MouseFaninQueue
04-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Cast members always seem eager to take a picture for you. We've never had a problem. Just amke sure the CM isn't busy doing something else and I'm sure you will get a "why, certainly!!!" every time!

As for adults going up and snuggling with Mickey. Heck in WDW it was at Mickey's place in ToonTown fair with our 1-on1 with Mickey that I proposed to my wife ...

Funny part is all I truly remember (other than her saying yes) is a little boy behind us in the line up going "mommy why is that man on one knee??"

SeansMom
04-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Don't forget the other couples and families around you. We've taken turns taking and then getting our picture taken. We have pictures from in front of the floral Mickey, in front of the dinosaur bones on BTMRR, in front of the partner's statue...etc., etc....all taken by complete strangers. I've never had a person say no to a smile and a request to take our picture. One stategy: wait for a Dad taking a picture of his family, offer to take the picture of all of them together, and ask if they'll return the favor.

Also...those kodak (or whoever tries to get you to pay for picture) people will take a picture with their camera AND with your own if you ask.

Little story: We once took a bunch of pictures of a family from Japan, and they for us, when we went on a REALLY early entry (like 7:00 am). We had most of the park to ourselves for awhile, and we kept finding each other in the same places. BUT...they spoke only Japenese and of course, we didn't. It was fun to share the DL experience and I thought we did well considering we spent a lot of time in waving our hands and smiling (and he took some great pics for us!)

JDBlair
04-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Also, is it lame for two adults to go to mickeys house to get a pic taken? And can you use your own camera there?

Thanks

Nothing is "lame" at DL other than not doing the things you want to do! What I love about DL is you're allowed to let that inner-child in you shine!

amarvel
04-06-2006, 08:56 PM
my husband and I always go to mickey's house, stand in line for ariel and go the character meet and greet, thats part of what makes disney special is that as an adult you can do those things :)

and yup CM's will glady take your picture, alot of the time they will ask you as well, there were times i knew i was going to buy the disney print so wasnt going to ask the cm to take our photo, but the CM offered to take a picture with my camera too, i didnt even have to ask :)

WITron
04-07-2006, 05:38 PM
When I was a Cm in the late 80's we were encouraged to ask if people wanted us to take their picture if we saw a group taking a picture. I imagine that this has not change.

Duchess mermaid
04-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks everyone!! very helpful!

Disneymademoiselle
04-08-2006, 08:42 AM
While we're on the topic of pictures, I have a quick question about the Kodak photos. Besides buying the actual photo, can you get it on a disc?

I have seen a lot of Disneyland Kodak pictures on the internet and am wondering if they are via disc or scanner.:confused: If I take a Kodak picture when I go down, I would like to be able to put it on my computer.

chrisaustx
04-08-2006, 09:07 AM
If you are at Disneyland on a Friday night, Sat. or Sunday, I can meet you somewhere and take some photos for you. The Snow White Wishing Well area is a always a great place. Well if you will be there on a weekend, let me know I can use your camera or use mine if need be, if you can't find anyone else to take pictures.