PDA

View Full Version : Will Disneyland ever switch to the [WDW] Key To The World system?

rds912
04-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Does anyone know if Disneyland will ever switch over th the key to the world card system that WDW uses. It would sure be nice to be able to have your park tickets, room key, charging, meals ect.. all on one card.

Disneynerd
04-06-2006, 08:21 AM
I think the DLR uses a similar system already. Which feature are they lacking?

Niwel
04-06-2006, 08:32 AM
The difference is the amount of non-Disney (Good Neighbor) hotels in the area. At WDW, you have a dozen-plus resorts owned/operated by Disney. At DL, because there are only three (and people don't stay nearly as long) I don't know if they feel it would be cost effective (although it would be convienent for those who stay at the DL properties).

Disnerd
04-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Nothing will happen until the Resort completes the roll out of Mantra, the new register system. Cast Members are currently training on it. I believe it will show up in hotel stores if it already hasn't. Mantra will track more information about each transaction. Some guest will like it and others will think it's Big Brother.

FMTX
04-06-2006, 12:09 PM
I think the DLR uses a similar system already. Which feature are they lacking?

The WDW key to the world is your room key and your admission card to all the parks and attractions. It knows exactly what your package is and keeps tract of it i.e. park hopper etc. If you get the meal plan, it is used for that and keeps tract of what you have used and what you still have available. You can make purchases on the card (since they take your credit card number down at check in) like on a curse. If you get pictures taken anywhere in the parks, they scan your card rather than give you a paper and you can go anytime to see them at any location using your card, even if you are at a different park or back at home all pictures are attached to your card and come up together. That is all I can remember right now and I have never stayed on property at DL so could not compare. The one thing I did like with WDW’s card is it is a plastic credit card like card and not a paper card like the DL admission tickets. The WDW card basically keeps track of everything you do during your stay.

Barbossa
04-06-2006, 12:38 PM
You can make purchases on the card (since they take your credit card number down at check in) like on a curse.

Is this a Freudian slip? :p

mckygirl99
04-06-2006, 01:07 PM
If you get pictures taken anywhere in the parks, they scan your card rather than give you a paper and you can go anytime to see them at any location using your card, even if you are at a different park or back at home all pictures are attached to your card and come up together.

Actually, that would be the photo pass which is different from the KTTW. But 2 cards are way better to manage. I just DLR never adopts the fingerprint system. I didn't figure that thing out until the last day of our trip.

Bolivar
04-06-2006, 02:01 PM
I think Disneyland does a pretty brisk business in selling tickets to folks who lost their tickets. With a system like this they would have to replace a lost ticket rather than sell a new one. Something they might not want to do.

FMTX
04-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Is this a Freudian slip? :p

Must have been

FMTX
04-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Actually, that would be the photo pass which is different from the KTTW. But 2 cards are way better to manage. I just DLR never adopts the fingerprint system. I didn't figure that thing out until the last day of our trip.

That's right I forgot it was a different card but it was nice to have all the pictures attached to it.

FMTX
04-06-2006, 02:22 PM
I think Disneyland does a pretty brisk business in selling tickets to folks who lost their tickets. With a system like this they would have to replace a lost ticket rather than sell a new one. Something they might not want to do.

On our last trip to DL when I was waiting in line at the customer service at City Hall, I would have to agree with you. Probably 4 out of 10 people in front of me were replacing lost tickets by buying new ones.