PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites - 1700 Harbor Blvd???

DisneySuiteFreak
04-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel recently? I stayed there in 1997 -- at that time it was rated a AAA 2 Diamond property, it was clean, and had large comfy rooms. I booked to stay here in December for a very reasonable price -- $90 per night total for a 2 room family suite (4 Queen beds, 2 bathrooms). I heard it was recently renovated and that they are currently working on renovating the lobby. When we stayed there in '97 it was fine. I am a little concerned and wondering if it has gone downhill since it is no longer AAA rated and it is one of the very few properties in the area that is not a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel. What worries me is that one operator told me it was a AAA 2 diamond property, and when I called back to ask why it wasn't in my current AAA guidebook, another admitted it wasn't anymore but that they still honor the AAA rates. I know they had a lawsuit against Disney around '91-'93 regarding the FourPoints property deal (or whatever it was) could that be why it's not a Good Neighbor Hotel? We are a family of seven who haven't been to Disneyland since '97, I know a lot has changed. My mom and dad havn't been there since '83 and my Brother in law has NEVER been to a Disney property at all! He is VERY excited to go! :D All agree they just want a clean place to stay; customer service doesn't really matter since we'll only be there to sleep. Just wondering if it's turned into a scuzzy, rat infested, roach motel. :eek: Any comments, anyone? I've been scouring the net on info on this property and several news groups and have been unsuccessful thus far. Help...

Morrigoon
04-17-2002, 02:40 AM
The only thing I know is that it's on the same city block as DL (like the Candy Cane inn - backing up to the parking lot- I mean, DCA.