PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Halloween Treat [Fun for adults too?]

Pages : [1] 2

nsaul1211
04-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Hi, I was curious if the Halloween event at DCA is entertaining for three adults, two of whom are big Disneyland fans and one enjoys going but is not a huge fan.

My girlfriend and I did not go last year because we figured it was for kids but we are looking for a fun thing to do this year and hope that it the Disney event would be enjoyable for two or three adults with no children.

BTW are all of the rides open?

Thanks,

Nick

Karin
04-05-2006, 08:54 PM
DH and I went last year and we don't have kids. We had fun! We just acted like kids, trick or treating, too! I think just about everything was open. I definitely recommend it!

nsaul1211
04-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the advice! I was also curious if it was anything like Knotts Halloween Haunt because my girlfriend and I don't really like that place. I have a instictive reaction to punch things that jump at me :-). I wouldn't think it would be because there are so many children around but I thought I would ask anyway.

cstephens
04-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the advice! I was also curious if it was anything like Knotts Halloween Haunt because my girlfriend and I don't really like that place. I have a instictive reaction to punch things that jump at me :-). I wouldn't think it would be because there are so many children around but I thought I would ask anyway.

Nope, no creepy stuff, which is why I liked it. It's a fun Halloween rather than a scary one.

The husband and I went last year and had a great time. I've got a write-up posted here in case you're interested in reading about last year's event. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/mht2005.html)

Karin
04-06-2006, 05:41 PM
I was also curious if it was anything like Knotts Halloween Haunt because my girlfriend and I don't really like that place. I have a instictive reaction to punch things that jump at me :-).

I think that's probably part of the reason they used the word "Treat", to let folks know it's a fun event as opposed to Knott's use of the word "Scary". I don't think I've ever been based on that word alone being part of the name.

Now I did work as an "extra boo scary" body at Universal one year. That was a LOT of fun, but that's a whole other story...

mi_mous
04-06-2006, 06:38 PM
We had a fun time last year, and we want to go again this year. It was fun for the adults and the kids. AND, the rides are open, and it's free boardwalk games. You play for candy, but if you ever wanted to try them, but didn't want to fork over the money, that is a good thing to check out!

jswtsang
04-07-2006, 07:43 AM
hmm this sounds tempting, I didn't even attempt to go last year because I had a feeling it was only for children. The only thing is, is it on actual halloween or just the weekend? I'd hate to miss out giving candy to the kids around the neighborhood, I love that, b/c I love seeing the costumes, but then again if I went to this I could see costumes too and just leave some candy at my front door...

(most kids come with parents so I don't think I'd have the effect of someone taking ALL the candy, well not early in the night anyway)

jt

stan4d_steph
04-07-2006, 08:34 AM
The only thing is, is it on actual halloween or just the weekend? No, it's on other days during October. See this thread for the dates and other announcement details (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=55293).

jswtsang
04-07-2006, 04:00 PM
awesome Thanks!
I want to go now, will it be lame if I recycle my mary poppins costume from a few years ago? :)

jt

Karin
04-07-2006, 05:53 PM
awesome Thanks!
I want to go now, will it be lame if I recycle my mary poppins costume from a few years ago? :)

jt

Not at all. After all, no one there has seen it before, right? :D

BlkPearlCptn
04-08-2006, 11:25 AM
awesome Thanks!

jt

Go for it. We have a whole PoC group going. But on the flyer that someone else got (I didn't get one with my tickets) There was a rule that if your in a Disney Character Costume you could not sign autographs (no problem) and you could not pose for guest pictures if requested bythe guests. (?) THAT's gonna be hard to enforce. Does that mean that you can't get pics of yourself with your own group by members of your own group? And if there are no WalkAbout PoC characters..then your ok? LOL

jswtsang
04-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the input, I actually was thinking of dressing as a pirate this year and training my dog to carry a ring with a key on it (inspired by PotC) but I know I can't bring her :(. I also am very bad about actually making costumes, the Mary Poppins was made in about 30 min before I went to a costume parade, I made a red bow tie and sewed cherries and daisies on a hat and wore a borrowed overcoat, held an umbrella and borrowed a scarf, this year I was thinking of making a scarf that matches and trying to make a parrot handle for an umbrella...but it's good to know about the whole not taking photos with guests...you could still take photos with the characters dressed up right? That's my main interest :)

Well that and candy...always gotta love "free" candy :-D

jt

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
04-08-2006, 12:55 PM

BlkPearlCptn
04-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Sorry Double Post

BlkPearlCptn
04-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Yup we know that, already have our tickets for the Halloween Haunt,not going anywhere else.. Don't worry! LOL (well we may try to get something to eat at Downtown Disney, just cause we love the food at Rainforest. But to put minds at ease.... We are NOT going to be like that guy last year during SW Days that put on his Old Ben Kenobi outfit and ran around Adventureland signing autographs..

We be pyrates..we not be stupid! :p LOL

disneyfn
04-10-2006, 01:58 PM
If you don't want to order by phone or on line you can get tickets at the park by going to guest relations. They may give you a hassle but be persistent and you can get them.It may take going to a supervisor but it can be done. They will tell you that they don't sell them until June but keeping asking nicely and you will get your tickets.:)

mckygirl99
04-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Tickets are already on ebay for $35 (buy it now price). I guess people can't wait to make a fast buck!

tinksmommy
04-14-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm not seeing anything on the AP page on my question, so I will ask it here - its always more fun to ask here than to call guest relations!! What is the age for needing tickets? I am going with the assumption that it is the same as needing tickets to the park so my 2 year old wouldn't need one - (trying to see if it is in the budget for the entire group of us that are going before making my final decision here - and a few of us have under 3's.)

Darkbeer
04-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Only kids 3 and older need tickets.

tinksmommy
04-14-2006, 11:00 PM
DB you ROCK - you actually found me twice and answered both times!!:D

jswtsang
04-18-2006, 07:27 AM
So have people started planning their costumes already? I was thinking about being mary poppins, but I just got a knitting machine and was thinking that I could be something that required knitting, like a harry potter character or doctor who. Then I started wondering what other costume possibilities might have a scarf or sweater that's really recognizable. Any ideas? :)

jt

Tinkermommy
04-18-2006, 07:22 PM
I got to thinking -- since they're selling tickets so early and not restricting it to AP holders, do you think that might mean they're going to increase the total number of attendees each night?

A friend and I took our kids last year and LOVED it. We couldn't believe how not crowded it was. I thought it was an excellent value for the money paid.

However, if it's going to be as crowded as the parks have been this past year, I don't think it would be worth it. I'd hate to spend $38 to wait in line for an hour for candy...

Any thoughts?

Abigail's Uncle
04-20-2006, 01:35 AM
Hmmm, I called today and they were pretty firm about not selling to any non-AP and non-Disney Visa cardholders. Any suggestions for me? My niece and I attended last year and would hate to be shut out this year!

stan4d_steph
04-20-2006, 07:02 AM
Hmmm, I called today and they were pretty firm about not selling to any non-AP and non-Disney Visa cardholders. Any suggestions for me?

Wait until the regular sale.
Apply for a Disney Visa and get tickets.
Post a request in the Buy/Sell/Share forum here that someone with an AP or Visa buy you tickets and then resell them to you.

snowsbeau
04-20-2006, 07:13 AM
I took my nephew last year and we had a ball! We both were able to wear costumes, Disney character costumes and not get kicked out of the park! I remember a few Halloweens back when they actually acknowledged that Halloween existed in Disneyland.
Good to hear that they are going to start that up again. I doubt that they will ever have a Mickey Not So Scary type event in the park since they have DCA to use for events like this. I'm looking forward to attending again this year. I just hope that they don't over sell. Last year the tickets where limited to a certain number and the park was still even emptier that usual.