PDA

View Full Version : Railroad Stops

disneyrookie
04-05-2006, 04:28 PM
We don't have any "official" maps of the park yet, so until we do, we are wondering if the Railroad makes several stops throughout the park or only a few? Also how long would one say that it takes for the railroad to circle the park?

Thanks

36 hours and counting!!

adriennek
04-05-2006, 04:30 PM
It starts at Main Street with stops at New Orleans Square (New Or-lee-anns), Toontown, and Tomorrowland.

Someone will know the exact length of the trip but I'll guess 20 minutes. Let's see how close I am.

Adrienne

TowerofTerror
04-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Its makes a stop in New Orleans, Toontown, Tommorowland , Main Street. A whole trip around the park takes about 30 minutes.

Malcon10t
04-05-2006, 04:32 PM
It starts at Main Street with stops at New Orleans Square (New Or-lee-anns), Toontown, and Tomorrowland.

Someone will know the exact length of the trip but I'll guess 20 minutes. Let's see how close I am.

AdrienneI usually say 20 mins also. Basically, 5 mins per stop.

MouseFaninQueue
04-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Not sure how long as I never really timed it.

Which is kind of funny considering it is tradition with our family that the VERY first thing we do on our first day, after getting our requisite pictures in front of floral Mickey, is to hop the train and ride it once around the park. Get on at Mai Street and get off at Main street. Then wander up Main street and see where the breeze takes us.

MortgageMan
04-05-2006, 08:56 PM
I seem to remember that at one time the stop in New Orleans Square was called the Frontierland Station and the Toontown stop was the Fantasyland Station. Anyone remember this?

junglemom
04-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Well, the trip times can vary because it depends on how long it takes guests to load and unload at each stop.

PragmaticIdealist
04-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I seem to remember that at one time the stop in New Orleans Square was called the Frontierland Station and the Toontown stop was the Fantasyland Station. Anyone remember this?

The stop in New Orleans Square is still called "Frontierland Station" since New Orleans Square is a part of Frontierland.

Fantasyland Station was closed when the D.R.R.'s main line was expanded with the addition of "it's a small world". Videopolis Station opened a few years after Videopolis as a way to shuttle dancers to Main Street Station afterhours in the off-season.

Videopolis Station soon was replaced by Toontown Depot when Mickey's Toontown first opened to guests.

Incidentally, the preferred pronunciations for "Orleans" in "New Orleans" are either: "or-lay-ahn" or "or-lens".

evrythngwmn
04-06-2006, 01:16 AM
Well, the trip times can vary because it depends on how long it takes guests to load and unload at each stop.

Exactly. It takes between 20 to 30 minutes depending on load and unload. When the train leaves Main St. at closing it generally arrives in Toontown between 10 and 15 after and, Tomorrowland between 15 and 20 after.