PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean: A Moonlit Voyage

Pages : [1] 2 3

Alisonsmom
04-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Ah the details are out! I am so excited. check www.disneygallery.com

samkj
04-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Now how do I convince my husband we NEED to go to this?? Especially since I have no idea exactly what it is, I just know I want to go!

olegc
04-04-2006, 07:42 PM
those had better be some REALLY GREAT! keepsakes for $230.00 in the basic package. And it says "taste of the bayou" - which tells me it's not a full sit down dinner but what they had for indiana jones - lots of food all over NOS and then pirates roaming. Might not be bad..

Still - 230? better be something as good as the bat stantion at the HM event many years ago.

and - it's only 1 week after the ride reopens. that's not bad either..

what's really scary - the whole "all elements subject to change and non-refundable". so - if we give you a paper Pirate hat and a plastic sword - that's what you get. Pshhhhhhh!:p

Alisonsmom
04-04-2006, 07:58 PM
those had better be some REALLY GREAT! keepsakes for $230.00 in the basic package. And it says "taste of the bayou" - which tells me it's not a full sit down dinner but what they had for indiana jones - lots of food all over NOS and then pirates roaming. Might not be bad..

Still - 230? better be something as good as the bat stantion at the HM event many years ago.

and - it's only 1 week after the ride reopens. that's not bad either..

what's really scary - the whole "all elements subject to change and non-refundable". so - if we give you a paper Pirate hat and a plastic sword - that's what you get. Pshhhhhhh!:p

Ya I thought the basic pkg seemed a bit pricey myself. I didn't mind the food at Indiana Jones. I lucked out and got to the food much before anyone else so I didn't have to wait in a line.

I am not familiar with the Bat Station at HM.... what was that?

olegc
04-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Ya I thought the basic pkg seemed a bit pricey myself. I didn't mind the food at Indiana Jones. I lucked out and got to the food much before anyone else so I didn't have to wait in a line.

I am not familiar with the Bat Station at HM.... what was that?

stantion - not station - but it;s the figures on the posts of the chained walkway between the gallery and the doombuggies. The bats on top of the posts. They gave those away as a "gift" that night. quite impressive (don't have one but have been looking for one)...

if you go back through the archives of MP you will find review of the best events DLR ever held - reviewed by AVP and Sue Kruse - but essentially HM 30th was a great event, DIVAs was good, i thought Indiana Jones and the HMH with the Oogie Boogie Review was great, and the one to shame them all was Mr. Toad. Missed that one too.

My guess - the price is designed to limit the amount of attendees (similar to toad).

TowerofTerror
04-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Wow this sounds very cool. I would like to go on this if they offered it at Disneyland's Pirates of Caribbean.

potterphreak
04-04-2006, 09:16 PM
We have a restaurant called FLIX in a town very near us and we ate there on Sunday. We had a "pirate" serving us and my daughters were talking to her and I guess she will be working these events. She works part-time as a Pirate Waitress and the rest of the time she is part of some Pirate troup or something. Didn't really catch it all, I was nose deep in my chowder....

LOL!!!

Burnt Toast
04-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Um.

Thursday, July 6, 2006
Disneyland® Resort

cstephens
04-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Wow, an event I have no interest in attending.

Opus1guy
04-04-2006, 10:19 PM
I admit I've had a little wine tonight, but I can't seem to see any difference between the Flying Dutchman and Wicked Wench packages (other than price). Can anyone help me out here?

Andrew
04-04-2006, 10:27 PM
I admit I've had a little wine tonight, but I can't seem to see any difference between the Flying Dutchman and Wicked Wench packages (other than price). Can anyone help me out here?
The Flying Dutchman gets you a night at the Grand Californian, while the Wicked Wench gets you a night at the Disneyland Hotel.

Alex S.
04-04-2006, 11:15 PM
The Pirate Encounter with Taste of the Bayou must be something very grand indeed. Otherwise the basic package is $230 for a three-hour Pirates Fastpass, admission to the midnight screening of the movie (at the movie theater, not in the park, and it will cost $7 12 hours later) and the opportunity to buy merchandise.

The more expensive packages don't promise anything more other than the hotel accommodations which means the GCH one night stay is priced at $295 and the Disneyland Hotel night is valued at $220 which isn't too bad compared to rack rate.

Since it doesn't look like the more expensive packages will have any additional benefits (usually they get more keepsakes or something but that isn't mentioned) couples who want the hotel room will want to book one at the expensive package and one at the basic package. There is no mention of couples booking the expensive packages being able to get a two-night stay at the hotel.

Also, am I the only one for whom ethe information pages are displaying as light yellow text on a white background (requiring me to highlight the page in order to read it)?

Opus1guy
04-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Also, am I the only one for whom ethe information pages are displaying as light yellow text on a white background (requiring me to highlight the page in order to read it)?

I'm getting easy-to-read white text on a dark red background. Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6.0.

Thanks Andrew. :)

cstephens
04-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Since it doesn't look like the more expensive packages will have any additional benefits (usually they get more keepsakes or something but that isn't mentioned)

As I recall, there have been times when it hasn't been obviously stated. All packages would say you get keepsakes, but they don't specify. I think I remember at some events seeing people with higher packages have more "gifts" even though the event package hadn't specifically said so. But I don't know that the gifts in and of themselves are necessarily worth the price difference.

couples who want the hotel room will want to book one at the expensive package and one at the basic package. There is no mention of couples booking the expensive packages being able to get a two-night stay at the hotel.

Actually, there is. Both hotel packages have identical language save for specific language to the package and hotel name:

*Standard accommodations one person per room. Includes room rate and tax only. Couples purchasing THE FLYING DUTCHMEN Event Package will be offered a second night hotel accommodation (consecutive to the first night) in a standard room/double occupancy at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® (or another Resort hotel as determined by Disney) in lieu of two rooms for one night. Subject to availability.

I'm getting white on dark red as well, with links in purple.

Mark Mywords
04-05-2006, 12:05 AM

Nope, not just you, Alex. I had the same problem viewing it in Firefox, had to switch over to IE to view the site.

D15
04-05-2006, 12:11 AM
*raises hand* Same problem with the yellow text-on-white.

Can anybody guess what this will do to the schedule for the park that day? I'm hoping it won't alter it too much... have merch events altered the schedule much in the past?

Vegitabeta
04-05-2006, 02:58 AM
Olegc-If you're still looking for those bats from the HM, you could try Disneyana, they had them on there a while back.

I would love to go to this Pirates thing but it's never gonna happen!:(

geoffa
04-05-2006, 05:22 AM
I'm getting easy-to-read white text on a dark red background. Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6.0.

Thanks Andrew. :)
Just copy into Word and change the font color.:)

nursemelis374
04-05-2006, 07:01 AM
OK, I really want to go.

Now I have to find someone to go with me that has the money.

Alex S.
04-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Ok, I missed the hotel language. Must not have highlighted far enough down the screen.

KarenW2
04-05-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't know if it's actually possible for couples to order one ticket or whatever at the expensive rate for the room, one at the non-room rate and be able to have both people stay in the same room, but I would sure like it to be possible! I seem to recall they wouldn't let a second person room with the more expensive packaged person in the past, but I would like to know for sure. I wish they would have a package for couples, with just one night's room, so it would be easier to know right off the bat.

I emailed them a question last night, asking if there would be any PAP discounts, like there were in the past, but so far, I haven't heard back from them. I sure hope so, since it seems expensive for just a "taste" of the Bayou, instead of the dinner at the Blue Bayou, like there was with the event when the first movie came out. We had a good time at that one and it was much cheaper!

I'll email them again, asking about the couple situation and let you know what I find out!

Maybe, like for the 50th event, they will give more info before the sign-up date! Hopefully, there won't be the horrible situations that occurred with the 50th event registrations this time!! I noticed that the availability for each package is not numbered yet! It merely says, "Limited to availability", whatever THAT means!

NOTE: The link to send WDWES questions on the HOME page doesn't work, but the link on the package pages DO work!

Dom262
04-05-2006, 11:09 AM
I emailed them a question last night, asking if there would be any PAP discounts, like there were in the past, but so far, I haven't heard back from them.

Karen,

It states on the webiste,
" No discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package"

Bolivar
04-05-2006, 11:15 AM
So you get:

a movie ticket
some hors'doeuvres
a tchotchke

For $235.

Or am I missing something? Do you have to buy park admission on top of that? Have fun folks, you won't be seeing me there.

Malcon10t
04-05-2006, 11:32 AM
So you get:

a movie ticket
some hors'doeuvres
a tchotchke

For $235.

Or am I missing something? Do you have to buy park admission on top of that? Have fun folks, you won't be seeing me there.Yes, park admission is on top of all that. I know last year, signing up for the 50th event, I was unsure if it was really worth it. I had second thoughts BIG time. BUT, it was worth every penny. So, now we will wait and see what they offer here.

Alex S.
04-05-2006, 11:53 AM
I don't know if it's actually possible for couples to order one ticket or whatever at the expensive rate for the room, one at the non-room rate and be able to have both people stay in the same room, but I would sure like it to be possible! I seem to recall they wouldn't let a second person room with the more expensive packaged person in the past, but I would like to know for sure.

How would they stop you? Do they do a bed check? I suppose they could refuse to give you a second room key but that seems unlikely.