PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report March 25-29

Pages : [1] 2

lobotomomma
04-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Many thanks to all who gave me great tips and advice. You all made my family's trip to DL go MUCH smoother!!
Saturday March 25: We were driving to DL this day and I decided to write about it since we experienced basically all four seasons in one day! When we left Reno early Sat. morning it was windy and chilly, like fall weather. As we drove over the Sierra Nevada Mtns. it was BLIZZARD conditions! We thought we were going to have to put chains on our van but got the OK from Highway Patrol because our van is all-wheel drive. Anyhoo, slow going until Sacramento, where it was raining pretty heavily and the rain did not let up until Bakersfield! So there was our "springtime" weather if you will. Then from Bakersfield to Anaheim it was sunny and warm and we were SO happy!! The only thing that blew was the traffic in L.A. Yes, it is usually hectic, but due to an immigration march in downtown L.A. that day the roads were AWFUL! It took what seemed like forever to get into Anaheim but we were rewarded when we got to our hotel. Homewood Suites were WONDERFUL! It truly felt like a second home with the kitchen and sitting room. We were supposed to get in the next day but WDTC were awesome and we found a way to get another night stay. I had been worried about holding luggage and having to leave the park Sun. to check in , so this way we were able to get settled and have a good night's rest and go into the park early the next morning. Needless to say, nobody slept much Sat. night--we were all too excited to go to DL the next day!!! Tomorrow--the big day!!!

lobotomomma
04-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Sunday, March 26: We got up at 6:45 and started getting ready to go to the park which opened at 8 a.m. I've never seen my kids get ready so fast! We went down to the lobby and got an ART schedule. We decided to take the 7:40 bus so we hurried through the breakfast buffet--YUMMY food and so much to choose from! Homewood Suites get an A+ from us on the breakfast buffet! We made our way over to the nearby Marriot for ART pick-up and there was already a huge line! We were afraid we weren't going to make this bus but when it came in we were able to get on, no problem. They packed us in like sardines and normally I would've hated it since I'm a little claustrophobic but everyone was so friendly and we all joked around and so it was actually fun. The look on my kids' faces as we pulled into DL was unforgettable! We jumped off and headed to the park. There was a long line already at security but it went pretty fast and the next thing we knew we were in DL! I actually teared up hearing DL music and seeing my kids' reactions to all the new sights. We got into a line my DH picked-we were lucky and it moved quickly! As we looked at the 50th anniv. flower arrangement in the plaza a marching band came up and greeted us with Disney tunes! Awesome! Right off the bat our kids met Alice, Geppetto, and Pinnochio. Alice was cute with my 3 year old DD who gave her a big hug! She was afraid of Geppetto but LOVED Pinnochio. My kids were excited to get their pics taken with them. My dear DH decided to tackle the park by doing each "land" one at a time (there is a method to his madness) so we made our way towards Tomorrowland. Nothing beats walking onto Main Street after an 8 year absence from DL. Mickey and Minnie were by the 50th anniv. movie theater and there was a ginormous line so we decided to catch them later at Toontown. We looked at the castle (someone said that it looked smaller-it did to me, too!) So pretty with the 'crowns" on top of the turrets and all the 50th anniv. decorations! My 8 year old DS got his way and he and my DH and 11 and 6 year old went on Star Tours first. I waited in Star Trader with my 3 year old armed with my RiderSwitch pass (Thanks AdrienneK for the heads up on that!) Star Tours was a blast! We then went over to Space Mountain. A nice couple asked me if we wanted their FastPasses for it-the lines weren't as long as they thought they'd be and they were getting on it then. We went on BLAB-SO much fun! We were all able to go on that ride and we had a blast! After we got off we met Buzz for pics and then went on Autotopia-my 6 year old DS thought he had a REAL license to drive and thoroughly enjoyed "driving" his car--I had to push the pedal (it was HARD to keep down even for me!) Then it was off to Space Mountain. LOVED IT!!! When we were in DL 8 years ago it was closed so it had been a LONG time since I'd been on it! My 11 year old DD and I agreed we'd do it again! We went into "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" next. It scared our youngest but the other kids loved it. We made our way over to Fantasyland which was crazybusy by this time! C-R-O-W-D-E-D! We went on the teacups and the carousel and by that time it was around noon and the kids were starving. We went back to Pizza Port and we all had pizza for lunch. Pretty good and not bad prices. We decided to go check out Haunted Mansion next. So sad POTC was closed! My 6 year old panicked all through the line at HM but at the end of the ride was screaming "That was awesome!" Our 3 year old was tired so we went to Adventureland next. My DH got FastPasses for the Indy ride and he and the older kids went through Tarzan's treehouse. We went to the Tiki Room and my 3 year old slept right through it! I loved watching everyone sing along to the songs and enjoyed a Dole Whip--highly addictive those things are! 3 yr. old woke up and we went on JungleCruise. The best CM guide ever was Kyle! We videoed the whole thing and our kids all laughed and had the best time. We were hungry again so we ate some kebobs and Mickey pretzels from Bengal BBQ--delish and also not too pricey! My husband and 2 oldest went on Indy--I would do it later with 6 year old. By then 3 year old wanted to go see Tigger and Pooh so we went to Critter Country. We stood in a long line but it was worth it to see Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore! We did the Many Adv. of Winnie the Pooh ride--just my 3 yr. old's speed! Then we did Splash Mtn. Again, my 6 year old DS freaked out and about soiled himself going down the flume but was delighted at getting wet and wanted to go back again! We decided against the canoes-my 3 yr.old freaked out- so we made our way back through NOS and AL-had to get another Dole Whip--I'm hooked! We made our way back in front of the Plaza and watched the parade. My 11 year old DD was crying afterwards and when I asked what was wrong, she said "It was just so amazing!" Melted my heart, that one! We went back to TL and did Star Tours and Space Mtn. again. The park was SO crowded! It was starting to get dark so we made our way back to the Plaza (by the Walt and Mickey statue-best spot ever!) and got ready to watch the fireworks. We had debated what night to watch them and I'm glad we chose Sun.night because it rained Mon.and Tue.night! The fireworks were so impressive-it's hard to find the words at how wonderful the display truly was--we were all in awe and were absolutely thrilled to see them. Afterwards we were so tired and didn't want to brave the crowds exiting through Main Street so we went back through NOS and got on the train. So fun at night and to go past the "Grand Canyon" and "Primevil World" again :o) We got off at the Main Street entrance and grabbed the ART. We all literally fell into bed and were looking forward to the next day! We decided we'd use our early entry to FL Mon. morning and then head over to DCA the rest of the day. We packed a lot in that first day and we were tired and all had a bit of sensory overload! Still it was wonderful and I'm missing it even more as I write this (sigh)....Mon. report coming soon!

yellowrosedtxn
04-04-2006, 10:41 AM
I love reading your trip report. I am so ready to be at Disneyland already! I can't wait!!!!

Thank you for writing you report!

lobotomomma
04-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I love reading your trip report. I am so ready to be at Disneyland already! I can't wait!!!!

Thank you for writing you report!

Thanks!:) I'm glad someone liked it! I hope your trip is fun, too!

infinite
04-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Thank you for sharing your trip report with us, it is very interesting.

It looks like you are in the same area we are (Reno).

I miss Disneyland…sigh.

junglemom
04-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Great report! Thanks for sharing the fun with us!

JDBlair
04-04-2006, 04:25 PM
What a fun day!!! I'm glad I'm not the only person that thought the castle looked smaller. I know it's because pictures of the castle are shot looking up. Because all of my pictures of the castle are making it appear so much bigger than it was.

Yay!! I can't wait to read more!!

Leap for Joy
04-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Great report! I feel like I'm right there with you!!

tmptink
04-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Great report! Cant wait to hear more. Tell us more please. :)

gimp_boy76
04-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Another Renoan here, enjoying your report! It makes me so anxious for our trip especially because as I'm reading I'm also plugging in RideMax scenarios!

lobotomomma
04-05-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm glad there are others that have enjoyed my trip report as much as I've enjoyed writing it! I'm seriously jonesing to be back in DL already! It's true about wanting to go back right after you've been there. You just forget about everything else and enjoy yourself so much. Good times....
Anyhoo, back to my report!

Monday, March 27: We got up about the same time as Sun. morning (6:45) so we'd be able to catch EE into FL at 8 a.m. It's funny that no matter how tired we were or how much our dogs were barking (my feet hurt SO bad, even with special arch support Peds socks and my sturdy yet comfy Skechers!) that I never once had to tell anyone to hurry! We got ready fast and were down for breakfast--Homewood Suites was the best! I forgot to mention that Sun.night when we got back to our room the cleaning "fairies" (part of that Disney magic!) had our room ready and we didn't have to ask for a thing! And once again, YUMMY breakfast!! It was overcast and looked like it might rain but DH had watched the weather report and said we should be fine. I brought our travel umbrella and ponchos just in case. We got right on our ART bus at 7:40. Noticed as we were going a huge strawberry field on the right hand side nestled in the midst of all the shops and hotels in the area. Just thought it was cool...Next thing I knew we could see TOT and knew we were close to DL!!!
Once we were in DL we were greeted by, you guessed it, LONG LINES! We were able to get through security and into another line for EE. The guy manning our line got people through pretty fast so off we went to FL! By the time we got to FL there were already long lines for practically every ride. We were floored! We decided to go on teacups first (always a treat right after a big breakfast!) Nobody hurled and we still had fun! We went on the Storybook boats next. I can't recall the last time I went on that ride-I think it was when I was little! My kids loved all the minature buildings and figuring out what story it was before the CM told us. Nice to sit and relax for a bit from carrying a backpack or pushing my DD's stroller. We then did the carousel and Mr.Toad's Wild Ride. My 6 yr. old DS loved "driving" his car and when the ride was over I told him I was taking away his (Autotopia) license!
My 11 and 8 yr. old kids liked going on the ride "by themselves". We went onto Alice's ride then the Peter Pan ride. Stood in line for that one about 40 min. I find it amazing how well most kids behave despite the wait. I was especially impressed with my own kids who are the champions of whining! They were all cheerful (even my 3 yr. old who we call the "drama queen") and LOVED every ride in spite of waiting what seems like forever to them. My DH has an aversion to the Dumbo ride so we didn't go on that. We've never seen anything but an impossibly long line for that ride and when we took our oldest on it 8 yrs. ago he vowed never to stand in that line again. They need a FastPass for it or something! Matterhorn had a ridiculously long line by that time, too so we decided to catch it on Wed., our last day. Besides, my darling 6 yr.old DS was already in panic mode about the ride even though we watched it on VisionsFantastic about 10 times. We'd scar him for life later. Same for IASW-the crowds were unbelievably huge so we made our way back through FL. We stopped at the TinkerBell ToyShoppe and right then Snow White was getting ready to read a story. My kids found a spot to stand in the back. I was so proud of my 8 yr. old DS. The kid has no fear and he is quite a funny boy. Snow White asked for a joke for her helper who was acting out all the dwarfs. He was being "Happy" and needed a funny joke to get everybody laughing. My DS told the knock-knock joke about "Will you remember me in a year-month-week-day, then when SW asked "Who's there?" he says, "You've already forgotten me!" Everybody laughed and clapped and SW and her helper said they'd remember to use his joke! What a crack-up! Afterwards they all got their pic taken with her. I asked a CM if Cinderella (my 3 yr. old's idol) would be telling a story soon and she said there wasn't a set schedule for them, then not two minutes later I heard her tell someone else she thought it was Belle next. Apparently, I'm chopped liver!
We decided to make our way over to DCA. We stopped first in DD because I had to turn in a hotel voucher to the WDTC located clear at the end by the DH. We stopped at LibbyLu and the girl at the counter said to call in to make a reservation for Tue. morning for a makeover. Kids were officially starving so we went over to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch. We had a nice server but had to wait a long time for our food. The place was pretty busy but several times we wondered if they'd forgotten about us. The food was a little pricey but man, did you get a lot! I got an appetizer dish thinking it wouldn't be as much food but I was wrong! The atmosphere was great-- loved the "thunderstorm" and all the animals. As we were leaving we enjoyed the cool aquarium that went over your head and in columns on either side--we found about 6 "Dory" fishes! Off to DCA!!!
All the kids except for the youngest wanted their pic taken on the "O" of the big California letters. The big Chicken Little head was gone-yeah! When I saw pics of that it gave me the creeps. As we made our way into the park the sky was starting to look a little threatening. By the time we got to Soarin' over CA they weren't do any more FastPasses and the wait was insane so we went and got in line for the Monsters, Inc. ride--an insane wait as well! Cute ride but dang if we didn't wait almost an hour for it! We made our way over to TOT. My DH and 8 yr.old DS got FastPasses and decided to go first and got a Rider Switch pass for me. As I was waiting for them it started to rain. Lovely! So glad I brought the ponchos and umbrella! "We won't get rained on"..yeah right... I don't know what my DH was thinking..or maybe it was the weatherman. It was coming down pretty hard by the time they got off the ride. DH said neither my 11 yr.old DD (she has epilepsy) or my panic-attacked 6 yr.old DS would like the ride so my 8 yr.old DS went on TOT with me. The whole way my DS told me about the ride and said I would love it. He was right! When those doors open...I about wet my pants! I kept turning to ask my son if it was over and we'd move again! AWESOME ride!! It was officially raining and I got a message on my phone that my DH had taken the other kids over to TT with Crush. He was already in when we got there so me and my son waited for the next show. Can I just say that it the cutest show ever! My son got called on by Crush--he was wearing a black jacket and Crush asked to talk with the "little dude with the black shell and specs(glasses)"-Hilarious! He asked him if he had parental units with him and the next thing I know I have a microphone in my face! Crush called me "Totally Tara" -LOL- and Aimee(Junglemom) will appreciate this--asked how many kids I had! When I said "4", he came back with "Oh, you're totally just getting started-I have 65"--the line he used for you! What a coinkidink,eh? "Totally" recommend seeing Crush's show. You won't be disappointed! As we came out we all joined up and the kids went out in this big lobby area and watched movie clips and danced with the music and jumped on light patterns on the floor. Heard lots of people were leaving already since DCA closed at 8 and it was around 7 by this time and it was raining hard. My DH had already went through the Sorceror's Workshop and we decided to go throught the Animation Academy. We were in a small group so it was an intimate setting and we had a really good animator-I think his name was Byron-who taught us how to draw Goofy. I was amazed that with no help my kids all did great drawings! My DH was very critical of his drawing. I told him he could keep his day job because I didn't think Disney animation would be knocking at his door anytime soon! My DH likes to tease so it's fun to get a good one on him once in awhile. We decided we'd bring our drawings to our character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen Tue. morning for Goofy to autograph. By the time we left the park it was pretty deserted so we decided to catch a bus back to the hotel.We timed it right and got right on a bus and didn't have to wait in the rain. When we got back to our room everything was perfect. Sat. night I went to Target (conveniently located across the street from our hotel!) and got food and water bottles. Our little kitchen was fully stocked with pots and pans, utensils,etc. so I made the kids some mac-n-cheese and soup and grilled cheese (or "girl cheese" for my DD--I couldn't resist) and we got ready for bed. So weird to have a dishwasher, too, and have it running as we got ready for bed. I felt like I was in an apartment and not a hotel room! So nice. We were all bushed so we went to bed around 9:30. Our character breakfast was at 7:40 and we were driving over so we knew we'd be up early! (Sigh) Our trip was already half over! Tue. report coming soon!!!

Crazy4DL
04-05-2006, 10:05 AM
ahhhhhh . . . what fun! :) Thanks for sharing!

tmptink
04-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Yet another fun day at DL. Great report again.

yellowrosedtxn
04-06-2006, 06:26 AM
It sounds like such a wonderful trip! I can't wait to go! I am SOOO EXCITED! (I love that commercial!)

junglemom
04-06-2006, 06:46 AM
"little dude with the black shell and specs(glasses)"-Hilarious! He asked him if he had parental units with him and the next thing I know I have a microphone in my face! Crush called me "Totally Tara" -LOL- and Aimee(Junglemom) will appreciate this--asked how many kids I had! When I said "4", he came back with "Oh, you're totally just getting started-I have 65"--the line he used for you! !
I love it!!! How funny!

JDBlair
04-06-2006, 09:00 PM
I hate it when you reach the "half over" point of your trip You try not to think about it but you can't help it. :-) I am enjoying your reports!!

lobotomomma
04-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks to all who've enjoyed reading my report. I have enjoyed several of your reports and am excited for those who get to go to DL soon! Did I say excited? I meant JEALOUS!!!!

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY.....

Tuesday, March 28:I forgot to mention that on Mon. the 27th it was my Mom's and my niece's birthday so I called them from the teacups so they could hear the "Unbirthday Song" playing as I wished them a happy birthday-clever, huh?
Well, Tue. morning it was STILL raining. The storm from Mon. night just never let up so it was hard to get excited with the skies looking so dreary.However, we were excited for the character breakfast and made our way over to DH for our 7:40 reservation at Goofy's Kitchen. Armed with our camera and our Goofy drawings for him to sign, we got in pretty fast and the restaurant was already pretty full! So nice to be told "Your meal is already paid in full inc. the tip so just go enjoy!" Props to WDTC for all their help! Had to LOVE my kids' food choices. Pizza and cereal, hot dogs and pancakes...what sounds like a better combo? Ugh..I couldn't watch them eat but they were all thrilled to pieces. We had just started eating when the Mad Hatter came to our table. My 3 yr. old freaked out and in our pic with him I had to hold her while she lost it. That's the kind of parent I am apparently. She loved Chip and Dale and Aladdin could only pose NEAR her-he was cute with her and kept saying she was as pretty as Jasmine. Didn't work and she was glad when he left. She went with me to get some fruit (did I mention despite the pizza and hot dogs that the food was YUMMY and there was LOTS of it?) Donald Duck was there and she ran to him and he hugged her for almost a full minute. Priceless! She told Donald "You're soft" while she pet his "feathers". AWWW!! Kodak moment if there ever was one! The kids were all excited when we saw Goofy coming to the tables and just when he was supposed to come see us he had to go because they were doing a character "dance" right then and my kids were all disappointed. We had an awesome server who went and talked to Goofy after the dance and he found my kids and signed their drawings. My 6 year old kept giving Goofy high-fives and all the kids were so happy! I would recommend the Goofy's Kitchen character breakfast anytime. I hadn't been in the DH since I was little and it was fun to see all the photos and Disney collages on the walls. My DH said we should stay in a DR hotel the next time we come. That means there is a next time already in the works. HURRAY!!!!!
It was cold and rainy as we left DH and made our way back to our hotel. We waited in the lobby until the next ART bus came. Being a huge ding-dong I left an umbrella there in the lobby and didn't realize it until we were almost to the park. When we got back that night there was no trace of it. Whoever has my blue/green plaid umbrella I hope you enjoy it--no wait, I hope it busts on you soon actually.
Thank heavens I had a little travel umbrella and our handy 87-cent Wal-Mart ponchos because it was raining pretty steady when we got to DL. We decided to finish up in DCA and do what we could despite the weather. The best was walking into DCA and hearing the strains of "We're out here having fun, in the warm California sun" while there's a downpour-LOL!
My DH took the boys with him on Soarin' while I waited with my girls at the FastPass entrance. Talked with a really nice girl (I wish I could remember her name!) who was waiting for her hubby. We waited for about 45 minutes-my longest wait besides the Monster, Inc. ride- until my DH came out and gave me a RiderSwitch pass. My DD and I got on pretty fast. LOVED that ride! The sights even the smells make that ride so cool! My older sis had been there a few years ago and said Soarin' was her fave and I know why now. The rain had let up a little bit so we went over to A Bug's Land. The place was almost deserted so we felt like we had it mostly to ourselves. NO LINES whatsoever! Awesome! We got right on Heimlich's train-my kids all cracked up at Heimlich's sayings. My 3 yr. old was in heaven-everything was tailor-made for kids her age-even the little "leaf' benches (that she couldn't sit on since they were sopping wet) LOVED all the rides there because we could all go on together and nobody had to sit and wait. So fun!
My DH and 8 yr. old DS wanted to go on TOT again so I went to the "Tough to be a Bug" show with the other three. Cute show but freaked my 2 youngest out! We all met up afterwards and decided to check out the Golden State area. The GRR was running but it was raining again and the thought of being even more drenched was not appealing so we passed on it. That ride would be awesome in the heat of summer for sure! The Redwood Creek challenge wasn't open due to the rain and the Soarin' line was ridiculous so we headed over to Paradise Pier by way of the tortilla factory and bread tour. We went through these a couple of times. So warm and yummy and a terrific way out of the rain! It was just drizzling now so we headed over to PP. Watched the Screamin' coaster and all but our 2 youngest were excited to go on it! My DH and oldest son went first. We watched them take off-hilarious to see their reactions! My daughter and I went next. You know what's going to happen but it is still such a rush!! It was one of the funnest rollercoasters I've ever been on. We did Triton's carousel next. My kids loved their fishes and seahorses. The best was watching my DH hum along to Disney tunes while he stood by my 3 yr. old's fish. He didn't know I was watching him and even though he isn't as freaky as I am about DL I knew he was enjoying himself. But I digress....
We all went to the SunWheel after that--a NON-swinging basket, thank you very much. When we were at the very top I was feeling a little claustrophobic and boy, are you up there! The kids were blowing bubbles (another Parenting in the Parks tip-Thanks Adrienne!) and having a ball. It was raining again and we were trying to find an enclosed ride to go on. The older 3 kids and I went on the Stinger-loved the clank! of the bars as everyone gets off the ride. I find the strangest things to be amusing! It was raining pretty bad by this point. We went back for more tortillas and bread (we are freaks but we couldn't help ourselves!) Nobody looked at us weird and seemed happy that we were happy!
We decided to go back to our hotel and come back later to DL if the storm let up. Well, it didn't--it just got progressively worse. Our kids were getting sad when we said we would have to call it quits for the day. We went downstairs and got the end of the manager's reception or light dinner and it was SO yummy-enchiladas,nachos,and beans. Homewood Suites rocks! The kids were still upset that we couldn't go back our last night there so we appeased them by renting "Chronicles of Narnia" and I went to the "Suite Shop" and got some treats. We made some popcorn and settled into our little living room and watched the movie. What a great show! I am planning on buying it soon. The kids were beat and so were we so we toddled off to bed after the movie. We had EE into ToonTown on Wed. morning (our last day!! sob sob) and we knew we wanted to make the most of it so we tried to get a good night's rest-not hard to do in our room-the beds and pillows were super comfy! I'm sad as I write this because I remembered being sad that we only had 1 day left! Time really does fly when you're having fun! Wed. report coming soon...

anniedg
04-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the great report! I haven't been to Turtle Talk and it's fun to hear about it -- and Homewood Suites too, sounds great. Your report is bringing back happy memories of going when our kiddos were little. So glad you had so much fun. Can't wait for the last installment:)

kathyinaf
04-07-2006, 05:15 PM
did I read that Chip & Dale was at Goofy's Kitchen? I am trying to decide between GK and StoryTellers' but if Chip & Dale show up at Gk - that decides it! Thanks so much for your detailed trip report. My excitement level just went through the roof!

Kathy

lobotomomma
04-08-2006, 08:17 AM
did I read that Chip & Dale was at Goofy's Kitchen? I am trying to decide between GK and StoryTellers' but if Chip & Dale show up at Gk - that decides it! Thanks so much for your detailed trip report. My excitement level just went through the roof!

Kathy

Yes, Kathy, Chip and Dale were there and I forgot to mention Pluto and Baloo from Jungle book were there as well( we didn't get pics with them sadly). I did a character breakfast the last time I was in DL 8 yrs. ago in the park (I think it's Minnie's) and we saw a lot of characters but the food wasn't that good. WDTC recommended Goofy's Kitchen as their most popular one so I went with it! I'm not sure if they always have the same characters but I preferred the food and the atmosphere of GK compared to Minnie's. Hope you have fun! In fact, I know you will! :o)

SeansMom
04-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Lovin' your trip reports! Sorry to hear about the rain. That happened to us once. You were smart to just call it a night. We stuck it out, but I have to say it wasn't the happiest night in DL that I've ever spent. I think I'll follow your lead if it happens again and head for a warm room, snacks, and a good movie!

BTW...bubbles!!! What a great idea! Thanks Adrienne/lobotomomma :).

kimmybear
04-08-2006, 04:54 PM
I left an umbrella there in the lobby and didn't realize it until we were almost to the park. When we got back that night there was no trace of it. Whoever has my blue/green plaid umbrella I hope you enjoy it--no wait, I hope it busts on you soon actually.

kinda off topic, but i have a blue/green plaid umbrella. (no, i don't have yours, mine was a gift from my mum about 10 years ago.) it's like my first nice umbrella and i absolutely love it, but one day, in the rain, i hitched a ride to my dorm at school with a few friends and i forgot the umbrella in the car! i was devastated! i've never lost an umbrella and didn't want to start now. somehow i got it into my brain that i was going to get that umbrella back. seems difficult considering i only had a general idea where the car was going and i didn't have my contacts on... OY. so i ran about a mile in the pouring rain looking for a car that i couldn't really recognize. it was a miracle, but i found the guy who gave us the ride- he was out parking his other car. long story short, i got my umbrella back. the moral of the story? if you lose something and you REALLY want it back, you'll find it. have faith. :)

lobotomomma
04-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Kimmybear, is that your story and you're sticking to it about the umbrella? Just kidding! I liked the umbrella I lost and hoped somebody would be honest and return it to the front desk. I didn't leave any info for returning it to me if it's found so I'm pretty sure I need to go buy a new one.C'est la vie!

Here's the last day (sniff sniff) of my trip report!
Wed. March 29th : It was our last day in DL and we didn't want to have to come back to check out so we loaded up our car and checked out that morning. We intended on going into TT first thing and waited for ART..and waited..and waited..when it finally came, it was loaded to the gills already with people they picked up from hotels before ours and the driver opened the doors to let about 10 people on then told the rest of us to wait for another bus. He also said they were running low on buses and that it might be awhile. Dangit! So we waited another 30 minutes before another bus came. This one was also pretty full but we were near the front of the line and it was so sad to get on and see alll these other people disappointed. By this time it was close to 9:30 and we knew we would be missing the TT festivities by now. We were right. By the time we got through the lines and made our way back to TT it was after 10:20 and hopping so we were ticked off. Oh well, what do you do?
I got in line with my daughters for Minnie while my DH and sons went on Goofy's roller coaster. This was the longest I had to wait for anything at the park! Over an hour!!! Minnie left three times for breaks and we were all getting testy-especially my 3 yr. old! The boys had to wait awhile in line for the rollercoaster but still got off in time to see us inching our way in line. My 3 yr. old had fallen asleep and right before we got to Minnie I woke her up and she woke up suddenly and kicked the digital camera out of my hands! Everybody behind me groaned and I thought it was busted when I tried to take pics of the girls but somehow I got it to work! The day was saved! After that fun happy time we went over to Mickey's house. The line wasn't as bad (about a half-hour) and all of us were happy to see Mickey! I wasn't sure what he was dressed for- it was either a sorceror's apprentice or Prince and the Pauper thing he had going on. Anyhoo, still always seeing Mickey is the best!
We went to get on the RR ride and they were having problems so we just took more pics around TT-lots of great photo ops there! We found Pluto and got great pics with him. The kids all played at Goofy's house-wouldn't the park be great if the walkways in DL were covered with the spongy stuff they use for Goofy's place? No more hurt feet! Wishful thinking...
TT was ridiculously packed by then so we headed for places and rides we hadn't had a chance to do yet. I forgot to mention that the weather was SO much better than Tue.- windy and cloudy but the sun kept peeking through! Hurray! We headed back to FL. No waiting on Pinnochio and Snow White rides, a little wait for Peter Pan, did Mr.Toad, Alice, and the Matterhorn-my 6 yr. old panicked and the looks on his face in our pics are priceless! Afterwards he said he liked it but didn't want to go again. Made our way over to IASW-I like the ride but the song? I've caught grief about this on other threads but after about 5 minutes of the song I have a headache. It's not the song but the repetiveness that gets to me. I like the cool air and the chance to relax in the boats, so hear me now and believe me later- I don't hate IASW!!
Kids were hungry so we worked our way over to TL and went to PizzaPort again. I wished I would've been hungry enough to get the pasta I've heard several MP's rave about but alas, I shared a slice of pizza, which was also cheaper, which in DL is remarkable if you can fit "cheap" in the same sentence with DL. Went through Fantasyland and met the Wicked Queen from Snow White! She was the best! Never stepped out of character-my kids, even my petrified- of- any- character- that- wasn't- an- animal- 3 yr. old liked her! The best ever moment for my 3 yr. old came next...we made it to the back of the line to see Cinderella, her idol! The line was cut off a few people behind us so we were SO glad we got in line when we did! When we got to Cinderella the Fairy Godmother was with her as an added bonus! Cinderella called our 3 yr. old "Sweetpea" which is a nickname we use for her, too! My DD had such a look of bliss on her face that I started crying! It was SO sweet! Our trip would have been complete with just that moment taking place. Disney magic is alive and well!
Made our way over to Frontierland-kids LOVED the "Little Patch of Heaven" petting farm. We hadn't done BTMRR yet so we got FastPasses and a RiderSwitch pass for my DH. We were going to do Splash Mtn. again but 3 yr. old was cranky and we decided to walk around FrontierLand until we could ride BTMRR. Nice to just sit and people watch while 3 yr.old slept. I went on BTMRR first with my oldest DD and while we were on it my 3 yr. old woke up and there was Woody and Jessie right where they were sitting so they got pics with them! We caught Woody and Goofy in cowboy gear when we first got to Frontierland , too, which was cool. BTMRR was a blast as always!
We worked our way over to NOS and got on HM -no waiting! Then on to Adventureland. Did Jungle Cruise and Indy ride then made our way over to Tiki Room-had to have another Dole Whip! We actually got two since we usually fought over one! YUMMY!!! I'm so glad the TikiRoom hasn't gone the way of many older rides. I love it!
It was getting dark so we went on teacups (called my sis-in-law for her b-day from them!) and we went on the Casey Jr. train (my DH had never rode it!) We did a few more rides then took the train for a last parting glance at DL. We got off at Main Street and behind us people were getting lined up for the fireworks. You can see why kids want to know why you just can't live at DL! It was a wonderful trip despite a couple rainy days . I can hardly wait to go back! Until then, I'll just live vicariously through others' trip reports and chatting with fellow padders! This way I can have a little Disney every day!! :o)

Crazy4DL
04-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Loved the report!!! thanks so much for sharing :)

junglemom
04-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks Tara! Love the idea of spongy walkways!!!