PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Trick or Treat [Halloween Treat - how are crowds?]

meandthree
04-04-2006, 06:43 AM
For those of you that have gone to this event in the past, how were the crowds? I was thinking about buying tickets for both nights that we are going to be there if the rides are much more accessible. We love Soarin and could do it over and over again.

nursemelis374
04-04-2006, 10:04 AM
The crowds were light, I think we waited about 10 minutes for Soarin and walked on the rest. They may sell more tickets this year though and the lines may subsequently be longer.

SteveK
04-04-2006, 10:42 AM
The crowds were very manageable as far as rides went. We walked on TOT twice. That being said, the lines for candy and character photos can get a bit long. We had a blast and won't hesitate to do it again. I'm sure Disney learned how to improve it this year.
-Steve

meandthree
04-04-2006, 12:38 PM
So if you could do it two days in a row would you?

Darkbeer
04-04-2006, 01:06 PM
^As an AP holder, I avoided all the rides and attractions, as I can do those any time.

We got to see all the special candy stands, and the character ops in about 3 hours, so one day was enough.

Last year, they sold about 5,000 tickets per night to keep the crowds manageable.

meandthree
04-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Darkbeer, what is the average attendance per day at CA? Just trying to put it into perspective. Due to the fact that we are coming from Dallas getting as much ride time as possible is important.

SteveK
04-04-2006, 04:52 PM
^As an AP holder, I avoided all the rides and attractions, as I can do those any time.

We got to see all the special candy stands, and the character ops in about 3 hours, so one day was enough.

Last year, they sold about 5,000 tickets per night to keep the crowds manageable.

I personally wouldn't do it more than one night....I really don't see any reason to and it gives others a chance to experience it. Our agenda was pretty much driven by the group of kids we had with us. We hit alot of the candy stands and the character photo ops and even the kids, along with the parents, decided they had enough candy especially with Halloween right around the corner (plus the lines got pretty long). At that point, it became a good opportunity for the kids to ride a couple of their rides and the Dad's to ride some of the bigger kid rides.

RikiGB
04-04-2006, 05:01 PM
We all so went and took my two GS's. Crowds were lite and we had a great time. Lots of characters were out. We got a ton of candy. I don't know how Disney made any money on it as the candy was not the cheap kind. Walked on to any of the rides we wanted to go on. One day is enough and we will definately do it again.

GrumpyUTboi
04-04-2006, 05:24 PM
how do you get tickets?

The Red Head
04-04-2006, 05:46 PM
I have a question about this event. Are adults allowed to wear costumes for it? I know adults aren't allowed to wear costumes in Disneyland, but I thought they might be able to for a Halloween event. I have dressed up a couple of years as more obscure Disney characters and people don't always get them at the parties I go to, but I figures at a Disney park they would.

RedwoodMaiTai
04-04-2006, 06:18 PM
When we were there last year, there were many adults dressed up. We saw quite a few Jessica Rabbits, a couple evil queens, etc.

The crowds seem like they are huge at first, as there are long, long lines to enter Calif. Adventure, but as soon as people start entering the park, the crowds break up. I would advise missing the first few candy stops and making your way towards the Hollywood Backlot area first.

All in all, it was a fantastic time for all of us!

cstephens
04-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I have a question about this event. Are adults allowed to wear costumes for it? I know adults aren't allowed to wear costumes in Disneyland, but I thought they might be able to for a Halloween event.

Yes, adults are allowed to wear costumes but only for the event, so if you wanted to go to DCA before the event, you would not be able to wear the costume, and if you wanted to visit DL before or after the event, you also would not be able to wear the costume.

Since this is only the second year of the event, I don't know that there's any way to tell what the crowds are going to be like this year. Yes, the rides had almost zero lines, so paying $15 to just go on rides would have definitely been worth it last year, but since a lot of people know that this year, some people might go just for that reason, so the lines could be longer than last year, though still nothing like during the day.

mcow1
04-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Remember, also, that if it is like last year not everything is open in DCA. Cove Bar sure would be nice this year though.:)

FMTX
04-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Does anyone think there is any chance of tickets making it to the general public or will it be like last year and sell out to AP holders?

charpaul
04-05-2006, 01:37 PM
One of the reasons the tickets were so cheap last year was because that was the advance purchase price for an AP holder. (I believe that also caused the tickets to go so quickly..)
I would hope that they add more nights or make more tickets available this year. I would also love to see more "events" such as a parade or special show....

I think that it was primarily a TEST year to see how the event would go over at DCA. I think that there will probably be some changes this year.
It was a lot of fun and I plan on going again this year!!

This time round I will try to gt my firends together and get dressed up as some kind of theme costume... That would be a lot of fun!!!!

The Red Head
04-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Well, I just bought my tickets for Oct. 22. This year they are $19 in advance for AP holders and Disney visa holders, and will be $29 for general public if it doesn't sell out.