PDA

View Full Version : How early should I call Vacation Planning?

2006Honeymooners
04-03-2006, 02:21 PM
I just called for our honeymoon (we arrive June 26) and was told in a not-very-nice way that I was calling too early. So when should I call?

The man told me I should call 30 to 60 days before, but don't they start making ADRs 60 days out? I'd hate to miss out on our dining choices because I called VP too late.

I thought I'd read on these boards and elsewhere that it's best to call early. Am I wrong? I really liked the idea of calling early to give them our info and let them handle it. If we have to call 30 to 60 days before, we'll be even busier with wedding stuff, and it really would be nice to have this taken care of now. Any advice appreciated!!

ima_mickeyfan
04-03-2006, 03:48 PM
The person you want to talk to in Vacation Planning is John Walsh...he is so awesome!! ask for him and he will treat you right! he goes above and beyond to make happy memories..it is true though to call 30 days in advance for dinner reservations he will get you what you want!

samkj
04-03-2006, 05:16 PM
I sent you a PM.

Amy

ssturgeo
04-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Robert Conway is awesome too....he made our November visit sooooo special!!! Cannot say enough good things about how he helped. Anytime I had a question, etc., I got a phone call or e-mail right back with an answer, suggestions, etc.

He even stayed in contact while we were at Disneyland!

Susan L
04-04-2006, 01:13 PM
We have never had any problems with making our reservations for dinner when we arrive. I wouldn't worry to much. If you want to make them sooner 30 days before you arrive is more then enough time.

gchcm
04-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Just to let you guys know, the two wonderful gentlemen that ima_mickeyfan and ssturgeo mentioned (Robert Conway and John Walsh) are no longer with us. Robert passed away this past January and John just passed away two days ago.

Thank you for your kind words regardng these two Grand Cast Members. They loved their Guests and will be missed.

ima_mickeyfan
04-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Just to let you guys know, the two wonderful gentlemen that ima_mickeyfan and ssturgeo mentioned (Robert Conway and John Walsh) are no longer with us. Robert passed away this past January and John just passed away two days ago.

Thank you for your kind words regardng these two Grand Cast Members. They loved their Guests and will be missed.

I sure hope this is not some kind of sick joke!

meandthree
04-11-2006, 11:41 AM
It isn't a joke! I am very sad. John Walsh made me laugh!:crying:

Niwel
04-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I just called for our honeymoon (we arrive June 26) and was told in a not-very-nice way that I was calling too early. So when should I call?

The man told me I should call 30 to 60 days before, but don't they start making ADRs 60 days out? I'd hate to miss out on our dining choices because I called VP too late.

He is right about the dates -- but he should have said it nicer. You might want to call Disney Fairy Tale Honeymoons:
(800) 854-3104. Depending on what you want to spend, they might be able to put together a really nice plan for you. :)

Call closer to then -- or have one of your wedding party do it -- and double check the EXACT date you should call on.

Minnie66
04-11-2006, 07:45 PM
John Walsh) are no longer with us. Robert passed away this past January and John just passed away two days ago

This is bizarre.....I just spoke with him as he was helping us with an upcoming trip.....was this unexpected?

adriennek
04-11-2006, 10:17 PM
If you would like to discuss Vacation Planning CMs, please reference this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=55552).

Let's use this thread to help the Honeymooners! :) (As Romance Goddess, Niwel knows lots of helpful hints for Disney honeymoons :D )

Adrienne