PDA

View Full Version : AP Holders, Mickey's Halloween Treat tickets are NOW on sale!

Pages : [1] 2

Leash81
04-03-2006, 11:52 AM
From the Disneyland AP site:

Buy early and save!
Trick-or-treat alongside Mickey Mouse and his friends at this not-so-scary Halloween party. Join in the "spirited" fun at this private costume party where little ghosts and goblins (and princesses, pirates and superheroes, too) enjoy Halloween fun - Disney style!* Passholders enjoy a special $10 savings on advance ticket purchases!
Shake your bones to lively music!
Scare up some goodies at special treat stations!
Have some frightful fun with creepy crafts and activities!
Plus lots more spook-tacular entertainment!
Event dates are:
October 13, 20, 22, 27 and 29; 7:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
October 26, 30, and 31; 6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.

Ticket Prices:
Advance purchase: $19
Day of event: $29

Buy tickets online now or by calling (714) ***-****.

* Guests over the age of 9 may wear costumes only to the Mickey's Halloween Treat event that their ticket is valid. Costumes are not permitted at either Theme Park at any time for Guests over the age of 9. ©Disney

MsYumiBr
04-03-2006, 01:26 PM
There are no Saturdays available. Do you think they are holding those open for when they go public?

Darkbeer
04-03-2006, 02:00 PM
From the Disneyland.com/ap section (must be an AP and register to enter)

Buy early and save!

Trick-or-treat alongside Mickey Mouse and his friends at this not-so-scary Halloween party. Join in the "spirited" fun at this private costume party where little ghosts and goblins (and princesses, pirates and superheroes, too) enjoy Halloween fun - Disney style!

* Passholders enjoy a special $10 savings on advance ticket purchases!

Shake your bones to lively music!

Scare up some goodies at special treat stations!

Have some frightful fun with creepy crafts and activities!

Plus lots more spook-tacular entertainment!

Event dates are:

October 13, 20, 22, 27 and 29; 7:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.

October 26, 30, and 31; 6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.

Ticket Prices:
Advance purchase: $19
Day of event: $29

Buy tickets online now or by calling (714) ***-****. (edited out to keep the info to AP holders only)

* Guests over the age of 9 may wear costumes only to the Mickey's Halloween Treat event that their ticket is valid. Costumes are not permitted at either Theme Park at any time for Guests over the age of 9. ©Disney

Darkbeer
04-03-2006, 02:07 PM
FYI

Friday October 13th at 7:30 PM

Friday October 20th at 7:30 PM

Sunday October 22nd at 7:30 PM

Thursday October 26th at 6:30 PM

Friday, October 27th at 7:30 PM

Sunday, October 29th at 7:30 PM

Monday, October 30th at 6:30 PM

Tuesday, October 31st at 6:30 PM

So, looking at the schedule, we see that DCA will close to the public at 6 PM on Friday and Sundays for the event.

And 5 PM for days the event starts at 6:30 PM.

Note, October 24th, the park will host a CM only event, so that might have DCA also close at 5 PM that night.

And No Saturday night events to allow the park to stay open to regular park guests.

blueckles
04-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Is it going to be at DCA for sure? I went to the website and saw nothing about it being at DCA. I called Disneyland right now and was talking to the CM who was trying to find out exactly which park it was going to be at because she wasn't really sure since the info just came out. Unfortunately, we were disconnected before I found out anything.

*Crossing fingers that they switched it Disneyland*

nursemelis374
04-03-2006, 02:26 PM
WOW! This sure is early for the tickets to be on sale!

Mommy2NicknMax
04-03-2006, 02:28 PM
The CM I talked to today said it's at DCA. Who knows? Either way we're going on the 31st (my B-day)! :D

blueckles
04-03-2006, 02:31 PM
The CM I talked to today said it's at DCA. Who knows? Either way we're going on the 31st (my B-day)! :D
Darn it! I LOVED it when it was at Disneyland several years ago. The kids' costume parade was fantastic. And on POTC, there was a couple of "live" pirates staged throughout. There was just more room and so many more things for everyone to do. It was a lot of fun!

Darkbeer
04-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Is it going to be at DCA for sure? I went to the website and saw nothing about it being at DCA. I called Disneyland right now and was talking to the CM who was trying to find out exactly which park it was going to be at because she wasn't really sure since the info just came out. Unfortunately, we were disconnected before I found out anything.

*Crossing fingers that they switched it Disneyland*

It will be at Disney's California Adventure!

It is clearly stated in the CM Reference Guide that it will be at DCA.

Plus, there is NO way that they would close Disneyland at 5 PM for this type of event.

Darkbeer
04-03-2006, 02:39 PM
WOW! This sure is early for the tickets to be on sale!

Why not, the earlier you put the tickets on sale, the more interest you can make on the money...

Plus you can see how fast the tickets sell out, to make decisions to add additional days.

cstephens
04-03-2006, 02:42 PM
I've bought tickets for two nights so far, and yes, the CM on the phone confirmed that it's at DCA.

BTW, for anyone from Disney who is reading this post, the website seems to be broken. I can select the tickets I want and enter my credit card and billing information, but on that webpage, the "continue" button doesn't work, probably because it incorrectly directs to void. Please fix that so people can order online. Thanks.

Oh, and there is apparently some disagreement as to when the event starts on the 31st. The website says 6:30, but the CM said her information and the printed out ticket says 7:30. I told her it was fine since they have six months to come to a decision...

Mommy2NicknMax
04-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Oh, and there is apparently some disagreement as to when the event starts on the 31st. The website says 6:30, but the CM said her information and the printed out ticket says 7:30. I told her it was fine since they have six months to come to a decision...
I was told the same thing.

nursemelis374
04-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Why not, the earlier you put the tickets on sale, the more interest you can make on the money...

Plus you can see how fast the tickets sell out, to make decisions to add additional days.

I was just surprised that's all, being that this was so last minute last year. I did not mean for it to be a commentary on how Disney does business.

Shinku
04-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Anyone else confused by the last bit?

Guests over the age of 9 may wear costumes only to the Mickey's Halloween Treat event that their ticket is valid. Costumes are not permitted at either Theme Park at any time for Guests over the age of 9. ©Disney

Shouldn't the first one be "under"?

cstephens
04-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Anyone else confused by the last bit?

Shouldn't the first one be "under"?

Looks like it's a typo on the webpage.

Disney Monitor - please ask them to fix that as well. Thanks.

Interesting that they've changed that this year so that adults can't be in costume at the event. I wonder what caused that change. Maybe all the adults who then tried to go into DL with their costumes on and were turned away, so they decided not to duplicate that problem this year?

nursemelis374
04-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I thought they were making a point that it is okay for guests under the age of 9 to wear costumes anytime, but guests over the age of 9 may ONLY wear a costume to the event and not any other time.

ima_mickeyfan
04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
ok, who wants to buy me 6 tickets?? for Friday the 20th???? that's dd's 6th birthday...wouldnt that be a treat!?:D

cstephens
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
I thought they were making a point that it is okay for guests under the age of 9 to wear costumes anytime, but guests over the age of 9 may ONLY wear a costume to the event and not any other time.

Ahh, OK, this is another one of those cases where people don't know how to use the phrase "at any time". I just talked to a CM on the phone who confirmed that adults can wear costumes to the event only, so no policy change from last year.

What the website says:

Guests over the age of 9 may wear costumes only to the Mickey's Halloween Treat event that their ticket is valid. Costumes are not permitted at either Theme Park at any time for Guests over the age of 9.

What the website SHOULD say:

Guests over the age of 9 may wear costumes only to the Mickey's Halloween Treat event that their ticket is valid. Costumes are not permitted at either Theme Park at any other time for Guests over the age of 9.

Disney Monitor - you know what to do.

Drince88
04-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Any word on when they're going to open tickets up to the general public, or are they trying for last-years event, where the original dates became Annual Passholder parties?

(Not that I'm going, it just seems that if you're going to have AP parties, CALL THEM THAT!)

ima_mickeyfan
04-03-2006, 04:24 PM
ok, who wants to buy me 6 tickets?? for Friday the 20th???? that's dd's 6th birthday...wouldnt that be a treat!?:D
sorry forgot to mention I will pay cost for the tickets, plus shipping...
:)

Alisonsmom
04-03-2006, 04:46 PM
I was extremely disappointed with Disney last year for not having any tickets available to the public. Fortunately, for one of my Christmas gifts I was given an annual pass and today I bought 8 tickets! Wahoo. I will for sure be there....

And yes they should call it an annual passholders party since that is all who gets tickets. Let's see if they come up with a better plan this year for the public!

Shinku
04-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the clear up cstephens!

ima mickeyfan, consider posting your request in the buy/sell board instead.

mcow1
04-04-2006, 05:18 AM
BTW, for anyone from Disney who is reading this post, the website seems to be broken. I can select the tickets I want and enter my credit card and billing information, but on that webpage, the "continue" button doesn't work, probably because it incorrectly directs to void. Please fix that so people can order online. Thanks.

I thought it was broken too, til I read it, but you have to scroll down to the bottom of the agreements section and put a check mark in that you agreee to the terms. Then the continue button works.

mckygirl99
04-04-2006, 06:44 AM
Thanks so much Darkbeer!! I just got 6 tickets for the 27th! What a great deal at $19 each and free shipping! Oh and by the way, the website is up and running fine now.

It's funny b/c I noticed on the WDW boards they have started selling or will soon for MNSSHP and I wondered if DLR would do theirs this early too. YEAH! The hardest part now will be waiting that long to go to the event. Last year was great and hopefully there will be some more enhancements!

olegc
04-04-2006, 07:37 AM
I was wondering how much of an increase in price this was? I thought last year's tickets were $10.00 - and $25.00 for everyone else. can't remember - someone let me know. just wondering how this may/may not affect crowds and attendance - given there were pretty decent sized crowds last year and the lines for some things (like character meet & greet) were quite extensive.