PDA

View Full Version : A Few General Resort Questions

SoCalDisneyLover
04-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Hello...I'm a new member. I got a Premium Pass a few weeks ago, and now that my Tax Season work is done, I plan to visit a bit more frequently.

I realize that Disneyland is supposed to be a form of escape from reality, so to speak. But I was wondering if there is somewhere in the Resort area, either in Downtown Disney, one of the Parks, or Hotels...where a member of the General Public can get Internet Access. I realize there would probably be a fee, but I was hoping there was some place I could check e-mail if necessary while I was at the resort.

I've never boarded the Monorail to enter Disneyland, but with my Passport, that is now something I'd like to look into. If I go some evening for a quick visit, it might be easier to park at Downtown Disney rather than the Mickey & Friends lot. If I were to park there, you get 3 hours Free. My understanding is that you can get an extra 2 Hours by eating at Downtown Disney. Is this only at certain restaurants, or Any Place that has food? Someone also told me there is a Validation Machine in front of Rainforest Cafe that is accessible to anybody walking around Downtown Disney. Is it possible to get the extra 2 hours there, and then go to the park via the Monorail for 5 hours without parking at Mickey & Friends, taking shuttle, and walking to Main Entrance?

Finally...does the Last Monorail from Inside Disneyland leave Prior to Official Park Closing time, or do they use it as a way to get people out of the park? Do you have to be in line for the Monorail by Closing Time in order to get back to the Downtown Disney Station?

I've found this board to be extremely informative, and look forward to meeting some people at a Sunday get together sometime soon. I went a few weeks ago and had breakfast at the River Belle Restaurant, but was not sure which people were MousePadders, and which were just regular folk. I was outside in the corner section near the Pirates entrance. Is that where you normally gather? I got the Mickey Mouse pancake, but perhaps someone can confirm for me that the Buttermilk Pancake plate is actually the best deal since you get so many pancakes. The Mouse pancake did not fill me up at all.

Thanks in advance for all your help. I look forward to being a member here and to my many trips to the park in the coming months. :-) DAVID

Ghoulish Delight
04-16-2002, 12:57 PM
1) Not sure about internet. There are no internet cafes in DTD. Innoventions has computers with limited internet access (I won't mention the ways to unlimit that access :D). I'm sure one of the hotels has a business center where you may be able to get access

2) You should have no problem getting validated at Rain Forest, from what I understand.

3) The last monorail departs 15 minutes before closing time.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific on the first two, but someone here will have the answer.

Uncle Dick
04-16-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
I've never boarded the Monorail to enter Disneyland, but with my Passport, that is now something I'd like to look into. If I go some evening for a quick visit, it might be easier to park at Downtown Disney rather than the Mickey & Friends lot. If I were to park there, you get 3 hours Free. My understanding is that you can get an extra 2 Hours by eating at Downtown Disney. Is this only at certain restaurants, or Any Place that has food? Someone also told me there is a Validation Machine in front of Rainforest Cafe that is accessible to anybody walking around Downtown Disney. Is it possible to get the extra 2 hours there, and then go to the park via the Monorail for 5 hours without parking at Mickey & Friends, taking shuttle, and walking to Main Entrance?
There is a validation thingymabob in front of Rainforest Café, but when I went there, it was located behind the podium which was occupied by an employee. And I believe that validation is available only at table service locations so you can't just buy a pretzel and get an extra two hours for parking. That being said, I've used the DtD parking many times when I just want to spend a few hours in the park. Lately, I've just been using it to catch a showing of BLAST! and maybe ride the Maliboomer and Soarin'. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon, IMHO.

I've found this board to be extremely informative, and look forward to meeting some people at a Sunday get together sometime soon. I went a few weeks ago and had breakfast at the River Belle Restaurant, but was not sure which people were MousePadders, and which were just regular folk. I was outside in the corner section near the Pirates entrance. Is that where you normally gather? I got the Mickey Mouse pancake, but perhaps someone can confirm for me that the Buttermilk Pancake plate is actually the best deal since you get so many pancakes. The Mouse pancake did not fill me up at all.
We usually gather east of the River Belle Terrace entrance and push a few tables together depending on the size of the group. Some of us wear red nametags (if we have them...). It might be a little hard to spot us early on because a crowd doesn't begin to form until around 11 or so. Sometimes zapppop will post what he'll be wearing the day before in the Breakfast Club (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4460) thread. If you hang around long enough, you're bound to spot someone. Oh, and I won't be able to make it next week. :( The Silver Dollar pancakes seem like a better deal to me, if you do like pancakes, but to be perfectly honest, you might be better off eating across the street at IHOP and then just getting a cinnamon roll or something at the River Belle. :)

And I know there's a business center at the Grand Californian with internet access.

MonorailMan
04-16-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
(I won't mention the ways to unlimit that access :D).

Took me about 2 min. :D

Mad Hatter
04-29-2002, 09:17 AM
To the question about the monorail,the monorails run through normal park hours. They start one way trips back to Downtown Disney 15 minutes before the park closes to get the guests back to their hotels. The last monorail leaves Tomorrowland when TL is clear of guests. No monorail will start on its deadhead before the official announcement is made that Disneyland has concluded its normal opperating hours.BTW deadheading is when they put the trains back in the shop for the night :D

gwegowy
04-29-2002, 09:47 AM
I can't remember what the internet access in inovationsis like, but if you can get even limmited access, you should be able to check you mail on a web based site like mail2web.com, or something of that nature.

tabacco
04-29-2002, 10:20 PM
Internet access from Innoventions is limited to *.go.com, although it's circumventable if you're creative :)