PDA

View Full Version : What about People mover

rds912
04-03-2006, 07:57 AM
any info if they are going to do something with this ride, or any of the other shuttered areas of DL. I would like to see something put into the area of the old Aladin dinner show too.

Shadowcat
04-03-2006, 10:12 AM
A quote from Al Lutz's:

"While WDI works on their plans for an eventual return of the PeopleMover later this decade, they've acknowledged that they'll never need that Rocket Rods queue tunnel again and they can reconfigure the land that sits on top of it for more dining areas for Tomorrowland Terrace. Those blue sky PeopleMover plans and the repositioning of the Rocket Jets on top of the loading area are what have held up the initial plans to rip out the rockwork and reconfigure the space around the Astro Orbiter and the Tomorrowland entrance."

So it looks like the PeopleMover will be coming back after all. I miss that ride. I think those in charge at the time were crazy to make the decision to turn it into Rocket Rods. It served so many purposes. It was a ride you could get on quickly. It was shaded and moved at a leisurely pace. It was a wonderful way to catch glimpses of the park. AND it took hundreds of visitors off the sidewalks at a time.