PDA

View Full Version : Princess tea?

snoopyfan
04-02-2006, 08:26 PM
A friend is getting a trip from Make a Wish to go to DL (for her 4 year old daughter with dilated cardiomiopathy) and she thought she heard something about DL having a princess tea time. Is there such a thing or can you just do the meet and greet or character meal at Ariels' Grotto? Any answers would help. Thanks!!

Wendi
04-02-2006, 08:29 PM
They have this at WDW, but not at DLR... maybe they can make some sort of arrangements for her though. She can have a princess meal at Ariel's Grotto in DCA though.

samkj
04-02-2006, 08:44 PM
The Practically Perfect Tea party ended a few years ago. Like the above poster said, Ariel's Grotto offers a princess character lunch/dinner. We try to hit this one our first day at the parks, so our DDs see many of the princesses at once without having to wait in lines for autographs!

I Heart Disneyland!
04-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Make A Wish may be able to arrange it if you tell them what you want. They may have a connected at DL. Hope it happens for her! I love Make A Wish, they sent my 6 year old nephew on a trip too.

Cherene
04-02-2006, 11:17 PM
A friend of mine took her dd on a Make a Wish trip. One nice thing that happened was that the child wears a sticker that the cast members recognize as a Make A Wish child. They went out of their way to make the childs interaction with them memerable. At one point they took her aside from other kids and had photos taken away from the crowds, talked with her and played a little with her. She will never forget it.

snoopyfan
04-03-2006, 06:00 PM
A friend of mine took her dd on a Make a Wish trip. One nice thing that happened was that the child wears a sticker that the cast members recognize as a Make A Wish child. They went out of their way to make the childs interaction with them memerable. At one point they took her aside from other kids and had photos taken away from the crowds, talked with her and played a little with her. She will never forget it.

Thanks. I hope that happens for this little girl!! They are still in the planning stages and waiting for a response on the dates they picked. This last year has been very scary and the whole family needs a fun break.

Cherene
04-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I have a friend that volunteers for make a wish. She said to just make sure to talk to their contact and let them know that the princesses are her thing. And that you would like to have some special time with them. They can probably hook her up. I know that they want to make these days as special as they possibly can.

Good luck.