PDA

View Full Version : Christmas party

rds912
04-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Anyone know if DL will do a Christmas Party (MVMCP) like WDW has? I would love to see more done during that time of year.

SeansMom
04-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Has DL ever done this???

rds912
04-02-2006, 12:17 PM
no they have never done this, but I would love to see them do it.

TP2000
04-02-2006, 01:44 PM
The only Christmas Party they offer is for the CM's.

Disneyland at Christmastime if already so insanely busy that there really isn't anything more they can do. Disneyland already offer a lot more Christmas themed entertainment and special Christmas attractions than WDW does, so the concept of a private party sort of becomes moot.

In my opinion, WDW should focus on improving the Christmas season experience for day guests. I've seen the "decorations" they put up in their Magic Kingdom, and it looks like they literally went down to the local Wal-Mart and bought a bunch of plastic junk. I know it's a different demographic and economic situation out there in the swamps of Central Florida and they may not have the sophisticated tastes of upscale Californians, but WDW could take a lesson or two in "class" from Disneyland's decorating department.

JeffG
04-02-2006, 02:13 PM
For the most part, pretty much everything that WDW offers at their extra-charge Very Merry Christmas Party is included with a regular day's admission at Disneyland during the holiday season. The main features of the after-hours party are a Christmas parade, holiday-themed fireworks, several smaller holiday-themed, storytelling-type shows, and snow on Main Street. About the only thing I can think of the MK party offers that you don't get with regular admission at DL is the complementary cookies and hot chocolate.

-Jeff

TowerofTerror
04-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Disneyland already does enough for Christmas. They don`t need to do what WDW`s does by having having private events after the parks closes.

rds912
04-03-2006, 07:54 AM
But a seperately ticketed event would sure be great, it is nice to go into the parks later at night with those events and have a smaller crowd versus the 60000 people in the parks during the day all trying to watch the same parade.