PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Depp to host PotC Reopening

TikiGeek
04-01-2006, 09:09 AM
According to trusted sources at TDA, Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) himself will host a special preview of the "updated" Pirates of the Caribbean ride. This will coincide with the preview of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. A limited amount of tickets will be available for the event, the tickets are FREE and are on a first come, first served basis.

But will there be any rum??? ;)

Crazy4DL
04-01-2006, 09:27 AM
, Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) himself will host a special preview of the "updated" Pirates of the Caribbean ride.;)

:eek: OMG!

:~D :p ;)

ETA: You can have the run just give me Johnny! :~D

disneyperson
04-01-2006, 09:34 AM
post that info on any other day of the year and I probably still wouldn't believe it.:D

Crazy4DL
04-01-2006, 09:40 AM
post that info on any other day of the year and I probably still wouldn't believe it.:D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAA!!!!! You got me!!!

Space Cookie
04-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Hey guys..sorry to burst your "April Fools" bubble, but Tiki is correct. This info is scheduled to be released to the press on Monday. As for the tickets...most of them are already spoken for, but a few might be available..if you know the right folks.

Crazy4DL
04-01-2006, 10:32 AM
oh really? ummmmm what to believe . . . :confused:

daisy4me
04-01-2006, 04:37 PM
maybe they are saying he will be the host of the Premier at DL?? What else could this mean:confused:

Mickeymac
04-01-2006, 05:23 PM
ETA: You can have the run just give me Johnny!

Dittos, soooooo wish I could be there! What day is it, do you know?

Malcon10t
04-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Dittos, soooooo wish I could be there! What day is it, do you know?
Saturday, June 24th. Park will be closing at 5pm.

Mickeymac
04-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks, Malcon. I know where my brain will be that day... *sigh*

kimmybear
04-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Saturday, June 24th. Park will be closing at 5pm.

so if he's hosting the re-opening, then the ride will be open to the public on sunday? one can only hope.... =)

donaldquackers
04-01-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm planning a quick weekend trip to be there. We were going to come home on the 25th but decided we'd better stay through Monday to ride POTC. I just hope it opens by then and not the 26th. We plan to be at the park on the 24th at 6:30 and stay all day , then return again at a more leisurely pace for Sunday and Monday. I've tried to prepare all the people I'm going with that it will be horribly crowded all 3 days but they don't see it that way.

Malcon10t
04-01-2006, 06:45 PM
so if he's hosting the re-opening, then the ride will be open to the public on sunday? one can only hope.... =)
It is my understanding, and DarkBeer probably has more info than I do, but I believe it will be opening to the public on Monday the 26th. The 25th will be a private/media event.

MammaSilva
04-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Don't forget they have a merchandise event planned, there doesn't seem to be any details available on the gallery site other than a teaser that indicates it will be yet another "pin" event.

twist1980
04-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Good one! I was getting into it until I read that the tickets were free...

cstephens
04-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Don't forget they have a merchandise event planned, there doesn't seem to be any details available on the gallery site other than a teaser that indicates it will be yet another "pin" event.

In case this isn't an April Fool's thing, I don't see any indication that it's a pin event. It's a merchandise event, and there's also a separate quest that does involves pins, but the two aren't the same thing.

mushroom
04-03-2006, 02:45 AM
if anybody happens to get press passes or whatever could somebody please get me a pic of Johnny. My best friend would go bats on me which would be priceless. Her three year old even knows who Johnny Depp is :D

stan4d_steph
04-03-2006, 06:57 AM
if anybody happens to get press passes or whatever could somebody please get me a pic of Johnny. My best friend would go bats on me which would be priceless. Her three year old even knows who Johnny Depp is :DCheck MousePlanet for news and images after the event. :)

olegc
04-03-2006, 08:20 AM
In case this isn't an April Fool's thing, I don't see any indication that it's a pin event. It's a merchandise event, and there's also a separate quest that does involves pins, but the two aren't the same thing.
correct. the pin event info is at disneypins.com - unfortunately same issue as merch event - just a web teaser right now.

this pin event is essentially their annual summer pin quest (remember ,last year it was cancelled).