PDA

View Full Version : Oh the stinking weather!

Pages : [1] 2

tlovesdis
03-30-2006, 08:37 PM
I am so sick of the rain! Here in Northern CA it has been raining FOREVER and now I am down to only 3 more days til I leave for DL and wouldn't you know it is supposed to rain in Anaheim on Monday and Tuesday of my trip! I was hoping to get away from the rain, but it looks like I am taking it with me!

Oh well, the one good thing about the rain is that people will stay away from my park! I mean, THE park!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

TowerofTerror
03-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Well have a great trip. It`s so fun going to the park when it rains.

MsYumiBr
03-31-2006, 06:01 AM
Fear not. We don't get that kind of rain down here. It actually stops intermittently. So, you can duck into the stores or into a ride and when you come out it may not be raining that moment. Then, half way to the next ride it'll rain a little, then stop when you get to the ride. It's a way more tolerable kind of rain, hopefully the temperature is on the warmer side (60s) and it does keeps the crowds down. On occasion, even with rain, the park is crowded. Keep in mind that some people think a half hour line is an empty park. Wear a jacket, bring extra socks and make sure your poncho goes down to your knees. You don't want a wet seat all day long. If you wear glasses, I'd look for those contact lenses or defog stuff because they will get steamed up.

cindyland
03-31-2006, 06:32 AM
We're right there with you on that rain thing. We're up in the mountains where we've watched it rain, hail and snow, all in the last week. I was hoping for a trip to SUNNY So. California, but no such luck. I am hoping it's warmer than the 40s-50s we've had, but I don't know how much my daughter is going to get out of that new spring wardrobe I bought her and pretty sandals:cool:

How does the rain affect the entertainment schedule? We had friends planning to see Fantasmic tonight, and we had plans to see the fireworks on Wed (no rain forecasted...yet), and the Electrical Parade next Friday.

Oh well, I'd rather watch the rain at DL then at home. And my husband pointed out we survived our honeymoon at Disneyworld with rain everyday...of course that was before three kids!

MsYumiBr
03-31-2006, 07:26 AM
I heard the Electrical Parade is coming back mid-April so no luck for the near future for that anyway. Fantasmic will only be cancelled if it rains during set-up. (Safety issues). The fireworks get cancelled more for high winds than rain. Actually, fireworks get cancelled for just about everything. The parades change to the cavalcade. Basically the only "live" shows around are in California Adventure. (Except for Billy Hill but I heard they are talking about a refurb but haven't seen anything about it being closed yet.) The fireworks and Fantasmic only show on weekends (Friday and Saturday, sometimes Sundays and every day if it is a holiday week, just check the schedules).

neffyh
03-31-2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah, Iam also mad. Iam going too go on April 12-14, but Iam afraid its going too rain. I want too see most of the parades and shows. Weather.com hasnt posted any thing on that particular week, but from the looks of the week before, I think its a 50/50 chance of rain.:( :crying:

The old man
03-31-2006, 10:26 AM
I think you're looking at the worst spring break weather in quite sometime.
David

Dedwards
03-31-2006, 10:52 AM
I am also going the 9th - 14th. I am worried about the weather but accuweather shows that next wednesday it should clear up and stay nice trough easter but 15 day forecast are not always right.

I will plan for rain and be happy if it is sunny.

nvmom
03-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Just bring extra shoes...
When we got caught in a downpour early this month (Mar) it wasn't "so" bad, except for our feet. Only dh had an extra pair of tennis shoes.... the rest of us we're drying shoes on the hotel heater. :)

Theresa

tlovesdis
03-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Just bring extra shoes...
When we got caught in a downpour early this month (Mar) it wasn't "so" bad, except for our feet. Only dh had an extra pair of tennis shoes.... the rest of us we're drying shoes on the hotel heater. :)

Theresa

I'll be wearing my Crocs Beach style which are perfect for the water so I am set!!! Even though the weather may stink, I will still be in my favorite place in the whole world, and I cannot wait!!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-31-2006, 02:28 PM
I'll be wearing my Crocs Beach style which are perfect for the water so I am set!!! Even though the weather may stink, I will still be in my favorite place in the whole world, and I cannot wait!!!
I got 3 pair of crocs all in my suit case to, but remember its very cold in the rain at night. Be sure to pack tennis shoes or other shoes or your toes will freeze :) I will be there Saturday thru thursday, I was hoping to get away from the cold, but alas I went today and got a new heavt poncho and I am set.
Have a great time!!

tlovesdis
04-01-2006, 05:47 AM
I got 3 pair of crocs all in my suit case to, but remember its very cold in the rain at night. Be sure to pack tennis shoes or other shoes or your toes will freeze :) I will be there Saturday thru thursday, I was hoping to get away from the cold, but alas I went today and got a new heavt poncho and I am set.
Have a great time!!

I've got my tennies and socks packed too! I just bought a rain poncho yesterday so now I am all set!

cfrith
04-01-2006, 06:12 AM
Is this normal for this time of year? It seems like I've been reading about lots and lots of rain on here the last few weeks. Do you think it'll be this way at the end of April?

derraj25
04-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Weather.com shows a 70% chance of rain M & T, and NOAA.gov shows a 50% chance of rain M & T.

What attractions do not operate in the rain? We arrive tomorrow, and come home Thursday.

--d2

MsYumiBr
04-01-2006, 07:02 AM
They try and keep everything open. It really depends on how much rain. Teacups are usuall the first to shut down. Alice shuts down, they close the Treehouse and Autopia. With 50 to 60 percent chance of rain, I wouldn't worry about too much rain. They only cancel parades and shows if it raining during set up and they might change the parade to the bus with the characters sticking out of the windows. The last weekend we went during the rain, also 60 percent chance, Splash stayed open and even the Treehouse. The rides like Astro Orbiter and Dumbo stayed open too. If they do shut down, if the rain stops, they clean up and open the ride.

Wesley815
04-01-2006, 07:18 PM
the one good thing about the rain is that people will stay away from my park!I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for small crowds, it's still been packed everyday it's rained recently... everyone just goes indoors or on attractions. I know it's hard for most people to believe, but everyone has the same idea "oh it's raining so Disney won't be crowded! I bet we're the ONLY ones thinking of that!!". :rolleyes:

Another Dimension
04-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Weather was awesome but cool at DL tonight....

....and Fantasmic! was badly off sync. Really mis-timed pyro all thru-out the 10:30 show.

MsYumiBr
04-02-2006, 08:34 AM
For people who haven't been to the park on 4th of July when it is really crowded or are from areas that do not have a large population, crowded can hold a different expectation. A 30 minute wait for Haunted Mansion in the rain is not crowded. A 50 minute wait for Space Mountain is not crowded. When you are faced with 120 minute waits for Space or Splash lately when fastpasses are gone by noon, anything under that is welcome even in a downpour. We had a great time with rides ranging from 15 to 70 minutes on a Saturday in the rain and it was wonderful. Mostly because we would be able to walk without feeling like cattle. It is no longer the days of having the park to yourself on or off season.

Another Dimension
04-02-2006, 03:01 PM
^^^
A 30 minute wait for the Haunted Mansion on a rainy day.. is a crowded Disneyland.

....and Anaheim has great weather today! :D

TowerofTerror
04-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Well weather is dreary today but no rain at all today over in my city and in Garden Grove just sprinkles.

MsYumiBr
04-02-2006, 08:11 PM
^^^
A 30 minute wait for the Haunted Mansion on a rainy day.. is a crowded Disneyland.

....and Anaheim has great weather today! :D
Disneyland has been crowded every weekend that we have gone in the last year (over 12 trips that I can remember in the past year and a month) and when we got caught in line in the rain it was 30 minutes for Haunted Mansion but it was early afternoon on a Saturday when the park was most crowded, right before the downpour while we were standing in line. My definition of crowded is not being able to walk at a normal pace. It's kind of like being stuck in traffic on the LA freeway, stop and go and not being able to change lanes. To keep your party together you have to hold onto each other. That has been the norm all the other times. On the day that it rained, it was the first time in a while when we didn't have to worry about getting separated in the crowd. It was great. We don't have the luxury of going on a weekday except if we take vacation and I only get 10 days a year. So we don't have many weekday experience to compare it to. Maybe I should restate that it was not crowded for a Saturday.

cfrith
04-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Is alot of rain normal for this time of year?

The old man
04-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Is alot of rain normal for this time of year?
April is an unsettled month in southern California. Rainy cool one day, warm and clear the next. Usually more there is more rain from Nov-March. But this year it all waited until April.
David

Dlandmom
04-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Talk about weather...it was hailing SHEETS about 2 1/2 hours ago (I'm about 30 miles east of DLR)!

tmptink
04-05-2006, 04:15 PM
I read the Farmers Almanac and it says it is going to be a wet spring. I checked it for when I am going in May and it is suppose to dye down alittle.