PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Make The Most Out Of Your Days When You Goto The Parks?

awinner
04-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Even though I have a premium AP, when I go to the parks, I always make it seem like it will be my last time...you never know what can happen..don't get me wrong...I don't do everything everytime...in fact there have been times I have laid on a bench at DCA and have taken a nap for several hours.

Wackokid
04-16-2002, 12:22 AM
run fast

Not Afraid
04-16-2002, 07:08 AM
I always try to do something enjoyable or different every time I go. One of my favorite things to do is to sit on the bridge with a mocha and watch my swans and the people. I could do that for hours. There have been days that that is virtually the only "attraction" I do. Even after so many visits to the park, I still find new things to do and discover. A few weeks ago, it was watching the Main Street Merchants Band perform near the Cone Shop. Riding the Mark Twain at night is also very cool, and that won't be an option once Fantasmic starts again.

Every time I incorporate a "Disney Geek" activity into my day, my experience is so much better. But, I suspect that this only works for true Disney Geeks.

hefferdude
04-16-2002, 11:29 AM
Hooray for us! It's us Disney " Geeks " that keep the corporate
diluting at bay and try to maintain the best DL experience
possible.

Some may think us loons but we're the ones always being asked by DL newbies how to REALLY go to DL.

Kinda like being a VW bug driver.
We do that just to keep "Slugbug, no tags back" alive.:D

innerSpaceman
04-16-2002, 12:12 PM
I make the most of my day by avoiding lines at all costs, even if it means (gasp) that I don't go on a single attraction while I'm there. I just make sure to have good company, wander around and enjoy the atmosphere, people-watch, and go on whatever attractions spark our fancy as long as the wait is not too long. Many of the low-attendance rides have been eliminated (i.e., the Peoplemover and such), but there's still many hidden gems that the crowds don't seem to go for in droves and are pretty much walk-ons.

Lately I've made the most of my day at Disneyland by cutting down drastically on the number of visits I make the Park. That has restored some of the magic for me.

hefferdude
04-16-2002, 04:04 PM
Run fast is OK but Innerspaceman and Not Afraid are right.
We've made the most of our AP days when we don't have
a particular venue, ride quota or time constraint in mind.
Wandering and letting what takes hold can be
a great way to spend the day. ( I wouldn't advise this for
single visit or others who are looking to max their X day flex.)
We also make a game of seeing how well we steer clear of
the Barney flag groups. It almost becomes easier with each
visit.

MonorailMan
04-16-2002, 07:31 PM
I have done Homework in Disneyland (Just Don't Tell My Mom). :)

Even had Mickey sign it, blew the teacher away. :)

Gemini Cricket
04-16-2002, 08:16 PM
The best way to make the most out of your day @ DL is to not stress yourself out over: doing everything, the lines and letting rude people get to you. If you let petty things slide and just resign yourself into having a truly good time, you will. If @ 9AM you're already complaining about the parking garage once you get there, you'll probably have a lame rest of the day.

cemeinke
04-16-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I have done Homework in Disneyland (Just Don't Tell My Mom). :)

Even had Mickey sign it, blew the teacher away. :)

MonorailMan, that's awsome - you just made my day :cool: