PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland Exhaust Ducts

Werner
03-29-2006, 09:09 PM
From the train passing through Tomorrowland, there are several large exhaust ducts, dotted through the Autopia "landscape". The grass/shrubbery near them is always being blown about quite vigorously. I've always wondered -- are these part of an air-conditioning system, or some sort of ventilation system for the sub caverns, or?

Disneytwins
03-30-2006, 03:08 AM
I think so... I know the subs do have exhaust vents in the Autopia landscape. They are used for ventalation because all those exhaust fumes do build up

tod
03-30-2006, 07:59 AM
some sort of ventilation system for the sub caverns

That's it. The Tomorrowland Autopia track was built over the Submarine Voyage caverns.

--t

disneyhound
03-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Actually, they are diversion vents for the volcanic gases that used to bubble up in the sub lagoon; they have to re-route those vent gases and the associated heat during times of re-furb... ;)

Next time it snows, you will notice that the vent areas are void of any accumulation! :rolleyes:

One last question, "Who are all these people in my room!"

03-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Actually, they are diversion vents for the volcanic gases that used to bubble up in the sub lagoon; they have to re-route those vent gases and the associated heat during times of re-furb!"

Beautiful.

Opus1guy
03-31-2006, 08:49 AM
I heard they were vents for a Nuclear Fallout Shelter that Paul Pressler had built for himself. Which was the main reason he needed to close down the Submarine Voyage attraction: He needed the space.

:)

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I heard they were vents for a Nuclear Fallout Shelter that Paul Pressler had built for himself. Which was the main reason he needed to close down the Submarine Voyage attraction: He needed the space.

:)

For his enormous ego?

sambo
04-03-2006, 12:15 AM
For his enormous ego?

It certainly wasn't for his...

popularity.