PDA

View Full Version : Who went on July 17 2005?

Pages : [1] 2

chargerfan
03-29-2006, 11:17 AM
I went and it was fun!

DisneylandForever
03-29-2006, 12:09 PM
:raises hand:

Juniper
03-29-2006, 12:15 PM
I was there, we got green wristbands at DCA, we were in the park the day before until about 12:30 am, and when we left the line was aready forming, I really wanted to stay but we needed some sleep, and we probably would have just camped out if we didn't have a hotel room paid for. I wish we knew ahead of time that they were opening dca early and stuff, but we got back up at 2:45 am and loaded up the car since the 17th was our last day, and we were talking the whole time with the people in line ahead of us, so I really don't remember how long the line was or how long we were in DCA. I had bought the new Harry Potter book as it had just come out thinking I would have time to kill, but the people we met kept us busy, and time when by ok.

I really wanted to get the I Was There pin, but a CM was telling people that if that was what you wanted the line was probably too long by then to get one, it was wrapping around the RoA and stopped by French market or so, and I was already tired so I didn't want to wait that long if it wasn't a good chance of getting it.

charpaul
03-29-2006, 12:16 PM
I was there - spent the night in the Tram lot and in DCA -:eek:

Lots of FUN!!!:D

Opus1guy
03-29-2006, 12:16 PM
I was there. Was really disappointed with all that Disney didn't do that day (for the public, at least), compared to past major anniversaries.

But I was still glad to be there. :)

Niwel
03-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Me!!!
Got in line early and had the "jigsaw puzle" wristband. Cried when I walked down Main Street and all the CMs were applauding and shouting "Welcome Home" (still tear up when I think about it). had quite a commraderie during the day as non-wristbanders entered the park and those with the bracelets would proudly hold up their arms to other wristbanders (I had a moment with some guys on the train while I was waiting at the station that afternoon). Stayed in the park all day, took a nap in the lobby of the Opera House -- left the park at 12:05 a.m. Monday morning after a final ride on Indy (never been so tired in my life).

Lani
03-29-2006, 12:51 PM
I was there, too. I don't remember waht wristband color I had, but I agree with Shana, it was pretty neat having the CMs saying "Welcome home."

nursemelis374
03-29-2006, 01:09 PM
I too was there and it was one of the highlights of my year! There was something in the air that day that made me almost giddy!

DisneylandForever
03-29-2006, 01:14 PM
How cool was it that Art Linkletter was there?? I was shocked.

tod
03-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Spent the night at the Castle Inn, walked over about 8:30? The security lines on the Harbor Boulevard side were tiny, and they opened the exit gates near the kennels just as we walked up.

We waited about a minute to enter the Park. Walked up Main Street as far as we could go and watched the ceremonies on the big TV screens. The Lovely Mrs. tod had the foresight to make a lunch reservation at Carnation Café, so we didn't wait long for that.

We had a good time.

--t

PirateSmile
03-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Me :) I had fun. We got there before five and it was already so crowded! Couldn't believe it. Got to see a lot of DCA we'd never seen before, though.

Gone2Disneyland
03-29-2006, 03:14 PM
"I was there." But I didn't get The Pin, darnit.

Got there at 3am, an hour and a half after reading "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" all day and night the day before. Stood with plenty of folks in the parking lot before getting herded into DCA, probably the most packed that park has ever been. ;)

I went solo, but made new friends with the five or six others in line wit me and spent my entire day with them.

Left at 5pm, right after the re-dedication with Walt on the video monitor at the Main Street flagpole at 4:45pm.

I bought the pop-up photo album at the park and used it to feature pix from last year, including that day, adding descriptions and a pocket for the cool park map that they issued for just that day. :)

Tinkermommy
03-29-2006, 03:47 PM
I was there, and LOVED it!

We went with the same family that we were with on 5/5/05. They gave 5/5/05 such a big build up that we made reservations at the DLH months in advance, took the kids out of school right in the middle of state testing and made a vacation of it, dressed the kids in brand new 50th t-shirts -- only to be disappointed at how little they did and how unprepared they seemed to be for the crowds. We felt like we'd been duped.

We made NO advance plans for 7/17, and went on the spur of the moment. After the 5/5/05 letdown, we were surprised and deee-lighted to get the 7/17 ears, the vintage map, the happy cast members, the welcome home greetings -- it was wonderful. I think the very best part was when they played Walt's speech and flashed his pictures on the jumbotron that afternoon. We were next to his statue in the hub, and in every direction, as far as you could see, it was a sea of golden ears. I would never have guessed the park could get SO quiet, but it did, and it was an experience I'll never forget!!

mugsrb
03-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Was their too stayed at DGC whata great place to stay at least once. All day a the park ears colored cheked braclet. The park was gret that day ful but not at all that bad for me and my family got on Space first thing Buzz and so on but never really had a problem with lines. I hope to be around for 75 and 100 and to still have the one day gold earsto wear!

blueckles
03-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I was there and I must say that despite how tired I was, it was one of the best memories that I have of being at Disneyland.

And the cupcakes were AWESOME!!!

Malcon10t
03-29-2006, 05:45 PM
We were there!! We were amazed at the line for the pins! We rode most of NOS as walk ons... Had breakfast at the Hungry Bear. And just watched as people lined up for the 50th pins. Loved the fireworks going off during the rededication ceremony and seeing Diane Disney Miller (my highlight.)

Sguidgit
03-29-2006, 05:58 PM
I went with my friends...I planned on avoiding that day because of crowds, but my friends came down that weekend to go to Dland. I'm actually really happy I went and got my ears! It was a fun experience. However, I'm sad we didn't take a pic in the park with our ears since we plan on being there for the 100th! :D

MickeyDogMom
03-29-2006, 06:04 PM
:raises hand and puppy paw:
We were there (with my mom, Malcon10t above)! Had a lot of fun too and we were there May 5th.

I got my pin, my hat, my map, and met Diane Disney.

MrsG
03-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Me! Didn't sleep over to be first in line and didn't get the pin but loved the experience anyway!

Malcon10t
03-29-2006, 06:43 PM
I was thinking we went in an dleft early, then it dawned on me we had seating for the 1130 Fantasmic! so it was a LONG day for us (actually a long week.) We had been at the Orange Grove Party the 16th, the snuck back to the hotel to sleep, and headed over to Disneyland about 5am, then spent the day wandering the park. I think we did nap on the train at one point. I think we went back to the hotel at 1am. Longgggg day! But SOOOO worth it.

Dexter
03-29-2006, 07:29 PM
I was there with a friend of mine, we got there about 1AM, stood in line in the tram area, was let into DCA and got blue wristbands. We made fast friends with the people we waited in line with. We slept on the dock over by california screamin. I also waited 4 hours in line to get 2 t-shirts, several pins and I wouldn't trade the experiance for anything it was awsome!

TowerofTerror
03-29-2006, 07:33 PM
I was there. I was one of the first 75 people in on that day. Oh yeah I head straight over to get I was there pin. I also brought a few other 50th things that day. I had a blast. I left the park at like 8pm. I got in line at like about 9:45pm. I didn't like the fact there was only was only like 20 people in front of us and when they had us line up by the wall 20 OR so people jumped in line. Well man it really stunk bought oh well. I went by myself. I did meet some people there which was fun.

adriennek
03-29-2006, 07:45 PM
I went.

I was interviewed on Cast TV. The reporter saw the MP buttons that the tods were wearing and asked if they were with MP and I believe it was tod who said, "Well, she is" and pointed to ME :)

So I was interviewed and three tods and a Trevor were my posse. :D

Adrienne

Tinker Bell
03-29-2006, 09:12 PM
I was there. I fell a sleep in hollywood backlot on the side walk. One of the first 100 in. Went went straight away to get 50th stuff. Then played at the park till 4. Then had dinner at DTD. Then home for some sleep.

Another Dimension
03-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Single greatest day of 2005.. and the best and greatest day I have had in many many years....

The happiness and electricity in the Sea of Gold into Disneyland and the entire day at DL. An unbelievably amazingly magical day.
Everything I wanted and more. My. Greatest. Day. In. Disneyland. Ever. :D