PDA

View Full Version : Improve Rides

Pages : [1] 2 3

Enter The Mouse
03-28-2006, 05:54 PM
I know some DL/DCA rides are not that great. My question to you is how would you fix them? What story elements, refurbishments, thrills, ect. would you put in? Also, you can create a new ride. Tell us about your ideas. Lets be Creative! (Please Remember that these ideas do not mean the ride isn't fine now, just ideas.)

If I could change a ride I would add a stronger story to the matterhorn. The story could be looking for the strange noise coming out of the mountain. They would have to create a new que that helps to explain the story, just a little one. Inside the mountain I would recreate the interiors to look more realistic. I would put in a new snowman, maybe the same design, but make it move better (like EE:LOFM at DW Animal Kingdom). I would have more of a strobe light effect. I would also make the ride a lot smoother, but faster as well. It would still be bumpy, but not as bad.

PirateSmile
03-28-2006, 07:35 PM
I agree with making the Matterhorn a little less jerky. I always feel 112 when I get off that ride :p

TowerofTerror
03-28-2006, 07:39 PM
The ride need to be more modernize to fit with this time period. Remember the rides when Walt thought of them they for his time and of the future and well now thing are outdated.

Phantom2006
03-28-2006, 10:02 PM
This might make alot of you mad but i say take out the jungle cruise!! Its a boring ride just taking up space. Sorry I just hate the ride, I have never liked it. If i were to make a new ride i would do something with Aladdin. How cool would it to fly on a magic carpet! Also now that Disney has gotten themself into Narnia i think that would be a cool concept. Also maybe Star Tours could be updated.

mazzie
03-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Well, Phantom 2006, I'm going to join you on that one. Is the jungle cruise ride the same as the WDW one? If so I agree TAKE IT OUT!!! God I hate that ride and I LOVE disney!!!! Sorry folks but its so boring. We watched a tv programme here in the UK where a celebrity worked in the parks doing something more challenging each time. The final job was the jungle cruise navigator and they say that its the most honoured job to get?????? Oh well, I guess it makes sense to some.:confused:

SandraVB79
03-29-2006, 06:37 AM
I just LOVE the Jungle Cruise as it is, I went on it at least 6 times a day last time I was at Disney!

Now, The Flying Carpets ride... that is "just" Dumbo meets Aladdin, now THAT was quite boring...

geoffa
03-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Now, The Flying Carpets ride... that is "just" Dumbo meets Aladdin, now THAT was quite boring...

I'm with Sandra on this. There's two many hydraulic arm lift rides. All they do is stick a different shaped car on the end and call it "Ariel's flying fish ride". OOPs! Maybe I've just given them a new idea.
And whilst Monsters Inc is a great dark ride for the kids there has been a great opportunity missed here for a roller coaster type E ride with the doors as your car. When I saw that sequence in the film it just came to me in a flash. Also there's no rides based on Hercules or Atlantis - both great films. And Nemo seems to be becoming the new Stitch.

As for fixing rides - maybe the Matterhorn could do with a makeover although I know purists will scream at me for that one. As for Jungle Cruise it needs updating as it's getting to be a museum piece.( For those who want to keep things as they are I suggest a new park "Retro Disney".) Animatronics and special effects have moved on. Maybe some scary moments and a tie in with the Indiana Jones temple next door.:)

junglemom
03-29-2006, 07:12 AM
This might make alot of you mad but i say take out the jungle cruise!! Its a boring ride just taking up space

:eek: :eek: :eek:

03-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Maybe some scary moments and a tie in with the Indiana Jones temple next door.

Nah, we have to leave something for oldster sissies like me to ride.

DianeM
03-29-2006, 08:01 AM
I LOVE the jungle cruise. I would hate for them to change any of it. I love the hokey jokes the guides use, and the spraying elephant, and the "back of water", and the ... the whole thing. It's a perfect ride for "children of all ages".

This might make alot of you mad but i say take out the jungle cruise!! Its a boring ride just taking up space. Sorry I just hate the ride, I have never liked it. If i were to make a new ride i would do something with Aladdin. How cool would it to fly on a magic carpet! Also now that Disney has gotten themself into Narnia i think that would be a cool concept. Also maybe Star Tours could be updated.

Phantom2006
03-29-2006, 10:40 AM
When did i every say is was going to be like Dumbo? I don't recall I did. I was more thinking of a peter pan meets Indiana.

MrsPooh
03-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Mine is a simple one. Take out Innoventions and bring back America Sings. Period.

Ok, I will defer to DLF, CoP would work there too! :D

DisneylandForever
03-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Mine is a simple one. Take out Innoventions and bring back America Sings. Period.

Ok, I will defer to DLF, CoP would work there too! :D

I knew I loved you for a reason! :D

MrsPooh
03-29-2006, 12:09 PM
I knew I loved you for a reason! :D

:D And I knew that post would bring you here! :D

I know how to please the ones I love! :D

MamaD
03-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Easy, I'd turn down the volume!!! We rode Pooh in Feb, and it was so loud, my 2 yo dd covered her ears!

potzbie
03-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Sorry, but adding a storyline to MATTERHORN BOBSLEDS adds nothing.

• If polka music in the queue doesn't cut it for you, then I am sorry.

• If having two versions of the ride (fast jerky Tomorrowland one vs. slower smooth Fantasyland one) is not satifactory, then I am sorry.

• If a Yeti/Sasquatch who screams at you doesn't interest you, then I am sorry.

There are some rides which need a storyline.
I cannot think of a roller coaster in DL or DCA that needs a storyline.
All a roller coaster needs is a clean queue with some nice visual elements.
Not a storyline.

With that said, improvements are possible.
No ride is perfect to 100% of the riders.
(Abraham Lincoln, back when Honest Abe was a Cast Member, said, "You can thrill your some of your guests all of the time, and all of your guests some of the time, but you cannot thrill all of your guests, all of the time.")
;)

Wfoxx
03-29-2006, 07:16 PM
How about adding guns ala Buzz for Small World ? It would be great shooting at the dolls and then seeing who has the best score at the end of the ride.:p

BTW My daughters and I will be there in June. Someone (2 brothers) have inspired the 13 and 12 year olds to wear pirate hats and bring their pirate pistols and ride IASW and shoot the dolls especially the can can dancers.:~D

gimp_boy76
03-29-2006, 08:53 PM
And whilst Monsters Inc is a great dark ride for the kids there has been a great opportunity missed here for a roller coaster type E ride with the doors as your car. When I saw that sequence in the film it just came to me in a flash.
Wasn't that the original concept but they couldn't get it to work w/in the budget they were given? I seem to remember reading something about that circa '04

SandraVB79
03-29-2006, 10:45 PM
When did i every say is was going to be like Dumbo? I don't recall I did. I was more thinking of a peter pan meets Indiana.

You didn't say it, but there is are Flying Carpets at WDW and DLP (and maybe in Asia, don't know exactly about that), so I know from experience that it's not that cool at all, being on a flying carpet.

Phantom2006
03-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Well the last time I went to Walt Disney World was back in 2001 I dont know if it was there. But, yea i think that would be boring i think they could make it fun and exciting. IDK just a thought.

Sub Maniak
03-30-2006, 12:12 PM
I believe that a little more storyline to rides like Matterhorn like in Everest would make the adventure much more satifying,

Sub Maniak
03-30-2006, 12:13 PM
I believe that a little more storyline to rides like Matterhorn like in Everest would make the adventure much more satifying.

Sorry for the repeat! Computer's on the frizz.

averagedork
04-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Okay I am going to get blasted for this:

I'd change Toon Town. That place was SOOOOO rad growing up, but I think the last time they painted there was when it opened. The entire land needs to be updated. Most kids don't know who Gadget is anymore (despite the fact that she was a major role model for girls like me growing up. She was smart, inventive, creative, and pretty) and I'd hate for her to go in favor of something else, but it seems like it needs to go.

Also on Monster's Inc: make Sully taller than me! Seriously! He's 5 foot tall, very intimidating...not.

MrsPooh
04-10-2006, 12:23 PM
How about adding guns ala Buzz for Small World ? It would be great shooting at the dolls and then seeing who has the best score at the end of the ride.:p

That would only work if you could watch them die in slow motion! :~D :D

averagedork, I agree, update Toontown, or do something wonderful with it.

Omnitographer
04-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Id say redo the star tours CGI using the latest software and replace the projection system with a high res digital system. a very high res system :D