PDA

View Full Version : Both parks on a "One Day, One Park" ticket?

shepp
03-28-2006, 04:45 PM
The 2005 Unofficial Guide stated that if you have a one-day pass for DCA and it closes before DLP does, you can use it as a de facto Hopper for the rest of the day at DLP. Given my travel plans, that seems too good to be true. Is it still possible to do?

stan4d_steph
03-28-2006, 05:02 PM
No.

Darkbeer
03-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Sounds like you are mixing up things.

A Walt Disney Studios Paris one day ticket allowed someone to enter Disneyland Paris after 4PM, as a way to help promote the new park.

Disneyland in Anaheim never had anything like this as official policy. Some folks were allowed to visit Disneyland on a case by case basis if they only spent a short period of time in DCA, and then complained about how awful the park was. As part of Guest Relations, these guests were allowed to "switch" their ticket to Disneyland, and their DCA ticket was voided.

Ever since Disney has started to sell One Day ParkHoppers to the public, about all Guest Relations will do for you is allow you to upgrade to the ParkHopper for the $20.

shepp
03-29-2006, 01:09 AM
^ Nope, not mixing things up. On page 19 of The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2005, the author asks "When can a 1-Day, 1-Park ticket become a Park Hopper Pass?" and goes on to say what I cited in my first post..."If, when you leave DCA, Disneyland Park is still open, you can use your 1 Day, 1-Park ticket to gain admission." Pretty unambiguous, but also unbelievable, which is why I asked. (Though I shouldn't have used "DLP," I guess, since it sounds, um, Parisian.)

stan4d_steph
03-29-2006, 06:26 AM
If that were true, Disneyland would be overrun every night. DCA closes before DL almost every night (if not all).

03-29-2006, 06:30 AM
It's good you checked here, shepp.

shepp
03-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Yeah, like I said, I didn't quite believe it...but it was in the Unofficial Guide, not on some odd rumor-driven message board somewhere, so I'd expect it to be accurate. It was also last yer's edition, though, so who knows? Too bad, really, since I've been to WDW and Disneyland many times, but never to DCA, and I'll be visiting on a day when DCA closes four hours earlier than DL - enough time to ride Indy and see Fantasmic! Was hoping to save 20 bucks doing so, but guess not. Thanks.

Osky
03-29-2006, 10:00 AM
The key word here is unofficial... ;)

Wesley815
03-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah... I get sick of reading "tips" that are wrong in these unofficial guides. I feel sorry for tourists who fall for it and buy the books. Eh, guess it's their own fault though since common sense should tell you nothing is "for sure" unless you hear it from Disney directly.

Mark Goldhaber
03-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Actually, I think that the unofficial guides (and THE Unofficial Guide in particular) have a lot of good information that you won't even be able to get from Disney.

As to the original issue in this thread, I'll pass that along to the folks from TUG to let them know about the problem.

LenTesta
03-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Mark. And sorry for the confusion, Shepp. Thanks for reading the book.

I'll pass this along to Bob for review. I think he's heading out there in April, and can verify.

We don't yet have an online site for the DLR book, but we do have online corrections for the WDW book available. If we've missed anything on that, folks, feel free to drop me a line: len@touringplans.com.

Sincerely,

Len Testa