PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember?...

SoCalSnowWhite
04-15-2002, 05:42 PM
Does anyone remember there being smaller kid-size toilets and sinks at Disneyland? I know they still have the little sinks there. But I remember when I was younger there were toilets that were close to the ground for little kids. I don't remember exactly where they were, but I think there were some by Country Bear Jamboree.

lisap
04-15-2002, 05:50 PM
ummm...not really, but I bet someone here does! They always do.

I hope this is not considered hijacking, but I noticed that you are a newcomer to our boards, and I'd like to invite you over to the lounge to introduce yourself on the "introduce yourself thread."
Welcome. :)

Pooh
04-15-2002, 06:21 PM
There are still small toilets in the Baby Care Center on Main Street, next to First Aid. The sinks, however, are not at toddler-height.

cemeinke
04-15-2002, 06:27 PM
Well, most of the masculine half of the restrooms seem to be equiped with at least one urinal positioned to accomodate shorter guests. Can't speak for the other-gendered facilities though.

SoCalSnowWhite
04-15-2002, 07:09 PM
Hey pooh, thanks for telling me. Hopefully when I can get my son potty trained, i can take him there!!

LegolandMC
04-15-2002, 07:35 PM
Have you ever been to Legoland? Cause I know we have smaller kid toilets, since everything is built to the kid scale. I don't remember it ever being like that at Disneyland.....

Largent81
04-15-2002, 08:08 PM
It seems like I remember there being little toilets at DIsneyland. I am sure they had them at Santa's Village in San Bernardino Mts. and at Chuck E Cheese.

Pooh
04-16-2002, 05:55 AM
SoCalSnowWhite: Even if your son isn't potty trained yet, the Baby Care Center is wonderful! It's decorated so nicely. They have side rooms with rocking chairs if you need to feed your infant and high chairs if your child is a bit older. The small toilets are just off the changing room which has changing tables and a handy sink nearby. :) It would take too long to describe it much more. Be sure to stop there on your next visit. :)

Hyperboy
04-17-2002, 12:44 AM
ROFL you guys :D Where's Adrienne K when you need her?

adriennek
04-17-2002, 09:55 AM
Sorry, Hyperboy, Here I am :)

Pooh already mentioned the heaven on Earth that IS the Baby Care Center.

So with my parenting hat on, I will tell you that if you have a child near potty-training age (I'd say 6 and under), go there, period, end of discussion. :)

As for the "regular" public restrooms, I'll put on my potty lady hat-- Disneyland does have lower urinals and sinks. These are not because Disneyland is offering them for children-- it makes a nice story, but it's actually not the reason. These urinals and sinks are available thanks to the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and are actually "HCA" offerings.

That said, as the mother of a recently potty trained boy, I've gathered even more potty wisdom over the past few months. I tended to prefer the nice, roomy HCA stalls in public restrooms. However, my son prefers to potty standing up like Daddy. Guess what? Those HCA toilets tend to be much higher off the ground than "regular" toilets. So now we use the regular stalls so that he can, uhm... reach. So if you're looking for a lower to the ground toilet, stick with regular stalls.

Adrienne K

gn2dlnd
04-17-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by LegolandMC
Have you ever been to Legoland? Cause I know we have smaller kid toilets, since everything is built to the kid scale. I don't remember it ever being like that at Disneyland.....
Yeah, but the little bricks are so uncomfortable...