PDA

View Full Version : How much do you save on hotels with AP rate?

splash
03-28-2006, 12:22 PM
We are going to be staying at DLH and I'm wondering if it is worth purchasing AP's for hotel discounts? Does anyone know about pricing? We will be going in Nov. or Dec. If you get AP rates, can you still book through AAA?
Thanks for info

Malcon10t
03-28-2006, 12:39 PM
We are going to be staying at DLH and I'm wondering if it is worth purchasing AP's for hotel discounts? Does anyone know about pricing? We will be going in Nov. or Dec. If you get AP rates, can you still book through AAA?
Thanks for infoYou get 10% off the current rate when you book. Also, they can offer "AP Nights" which can be amazingly low (though the current one in April isn't great.) To get AP rates, you need to book thru the Disneyland phone lines. I tried going thru AAA and they couldn't match teh AP rate.

scaeagles
03-28-2006, 12:57 PM
FYI, the DL AP rate is not always the lowest rate you can find. For our upcoming summer trip, I booked through expedia for $50 a night less than the DL Ap rate I was quoted. Look around and don't assume it's the best.

fidoprincess
03-28-2006, 03:20 PM
In Jan, we got DLH for $89/109 with special AP rates. The "usual" AP discount is the same at AAA-just 10% off the rack rate. When we went in March, we got the best rate through Expedia because they offered a $150 gift card for a 4 night stay plus the rate was the same as the 10% off. You really have to shop around and check all the time but don't count on getting those great 89 rates when it is so so busy. For June, we got the 10% off but because I booked back in Jan, the rates have gone up a lot and we have a view room for under $250 and the rates are running around $315 now for the same time period.

I wouldn't buy an AP just in hopes of getting the great rates. They also had some Disney Visa rates for around $120 so if there is another promotion like that it might be worth checking into getting that. SO far this year, there have been less AP rates than in the past with the 50th and all the crowds. If the hotels are already booked full, they are not motivated to provide $89 rates when they are getting big bucks for the same room.

katiesue
03-29-2006, 08:01 AM
The AP rate is hit an miss but you don't have to show your AP until check in to get the discounted rate. You can always check on what the AP rate is, if you do find a good deal book it and then buy the AP.