PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Moments DVD

tinker3
03-28-2006, 11:54 AM
We bought this DVD ($19.95) our last trip because my son is hooked on the Disneyland Sing along songs video (I think it's from the late 80's) and we wanted something different. I hate to say it's dissapointing. It's more like an ad or promo. We were hoping for some good footage of the rides or Fantasmic, it's all shown so fast and brief. It's probably a good DVD if you have never been before and wanted a brief narrated tour. However, I am looking for something more fun, maybe with music and good for kids. If anyone knows how or where I can buy a different type of Disneyland souvenir DVD please post!:)

MrsPooh
03-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I don't know how much stock to put in this, but when we were at DL last summer, we saw the Steve Martin movie in the Lincoln Theater and we asked if Disney will be offering it up on DVD. The cast member we spoke to thought they might, but not until after the 50th celebration is over.

It was a great one, I'd love to have that to watch at home.

MouseFaninQueue
03-28-2006, 04:21 PM
I hear you on that DVD. We bought the same thing and talk about a HUGE disappointment!! It more or less is just a copy of the travel planning DVD they send out for free. And what was worse we didn't see much of the 50th in it. Sure they talked about it but most of the pictures were from the previous year. the Parade shown in the DVD wasn't even the Parade of Dreams.

It was a complete and utter waste of $20.

Sorry but that DVD left a bad taste in my mouth....

geoffa
03-29-2006, 07:37 AM
We bought this DVD ($19.95) our last trip because my son is hooked on the Disneyland Sing along songs video (I think it's from the late 80's) and we wanted something different. I hate to say it's dissapointing. ... If anyone knows how or where I can buy a different type of Disneyland souvenir DVD please post!:)

Might I suggest this:

http://www.windowtothemagic.com/WttM_DVD_Hub.html

See item B11. Paul Barre makes excellent DVds. I have this 50th - It features the whole of Parade of Dreams, the "Remember" fireworks, all the "hidden" 50th Mickeys, the Block Street Party Bash over at DCA and the entire exhibition at the Opera House. Wonderfully done and great value.(I have no connection to Paul or his products - I'm just someone who purchased this DVD.):)

MrsPooh
03-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Oh wow, Geoffa, thanks for the link. I will be buying for sure! ;)

tinker3
03-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks a lot for the link, I will also be ordering it!

I did see that Stever Martin special and it was great! I hope it comes out on DVD. Speaking of good specials..... did anyone see the history channel's Modern Marvels special about WDW. It talked about how they made the Tower of Terror, Soarin etc. It was on last week, I hope they air it again!

Thanks again for the help:)

SandraVB79
03-29-2006, 10:50 PM
There are quite some fans of Disney who sell unofficial DVDs. I have once bought two of them on ebay, one about DLP and one about TDS, and I know he also sold one about AK, and they were really good.

SteveK
03-30-2006, 12:01 PM
There are quite some fans of Disney who sell unofficial DVDs. I have once bought two of them on ebay, one about DLP and one about TDS, and I know he also sold one about AK, and they were really good.

First of all, I whole heartedly agree about the 50th DVD sold in the park. When we bought it the price was $29 so imagine how disappointed we were when we saw it was one big DLR commercial.

As for fan created DVD's, I've bought alot of fan created Disneyland DVD's over the last couple of years and I would highly reccommend those created by RU42. Clearly the best in my opinion. I've bought all but two of his DVD's to date and I've always been impressed with the quality of his productions. He takes the time to shoot from different angles and edits them into a single shot flawlessly.

If you wanted to get one just to get and idea of the quality, I'd suggest the amazing 50th Birthday Celebrations disc. It contains 2 versions of Remember: 1 filmed from various areas in front of the castle and 1 which has the projections from Small World edited in. Also included are Remember When performed live by Leann Rimes on 5/5/05 with a great photo montage of some of the hidden 50's, gold vehicles & photo mosaics. Last is a multi-edit shot of Parade of Dreams. This includes all of the show stops as well as both day and night shots edited together. I can't rave enough about this DVD. The link below will take you to his ebay page where you can see a list of his DVD's and read the details of what is included on each DVD. One note, these DVD's are about $5 more than the DVD mentioned above but I think the quality more than makes up for the price.

FYI, I don't get anything for raving about his product...I'm just a very happy customer who has spent many hours watching these DVD's with my wife and daughters so we can relive the magic when we can't be at the park.:D

http://tinyurl.com/6shvw