PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Walt Disney

LOYL2DZNY
03-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi! I'm on a mad mission to find a specific picture of Walt Disney. It's the one where he is walking through the castle (it's the backside/fantasyland side of the castle) and he is all alone. No park visitors, workers. Just him. It's a b & w photo. I am trying to find an inexpensive print of this photo, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I tried ebay...nothing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks is advance!
Angie

tod
03-28-2006, 11:02 AM
There was a poster collage featuring this picture that was available at Disneyana on Main Street. Maybe it's still available.

--t

Disneyland2004
03-28-2006, 11:05 AM
yea i really want that pic too!!! can you find it online anywhere for a desktop background?

Opus1guy
03-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Here's 56 Walt photos that are part of my "collection" that you're welcome to, and the photo you're looking for is in there somewhere.

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=KnVVBplenSMiBvKS77q8LIy5GVr IHa6L%2fn6swGj%2fMblWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Click on the "View Album As Guest" button. You can download them to your computer (under "Actions") as desired. They're better size and quality than as viewed in the album, which you'll see after you download 'em.

Malcon10t
03-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi! I'm on a mad mission to find a specific picture of Walt Disney. It's the one where he is walking through the castle (it's the backside/fantasyland side of the castle) and he is all alone. No park visitors, workers. Just him. It's a b & w photo. I am trying to find an inexpensive print of this photo, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I tried ebay...nothing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks is advance!
Angie
I bought that pic back in 2002 at the park. They colorized it for the sales. I believe it was about $100 then. It was called Walk in Walt's Footsteps. They had 2 sizes, mine is about 8"x14' in a14x20 frame. The other one was huge, an sold for $1300 or so. This is the one you are talking about, right? http://www.o-meon.com/images/July_2005/Walt_Disney_Castle.jpg

MrsPooh
03-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Oh man, I love that shot. One of my favorites. It is in one of my Disney books, I can't rememeber which.

I also love the one of Walt sitting on Main Street smiling, with the Firehouse in the background. Great shot.

LOYL2DZNY
03-30-2006, 01:18 PM
I bought that pic back in 2002 at the park. They colorized it for the sales. I believe it was about $100 then. It was called Walk in Walt's Footsteps. They had 2 sizes, mine is about 8"x14' in a14x20 frame. The other one was huge, an sold for $1300 or so. This is the one you are talking about, right? http://www.o-meon.com/images/July_2005/Walt_Disney_Castle.jpg

yup...that's the one. i want it in b & w. no color. i love that photo and also the one where walt is standing in the middle of main street watching the worker work on the trolley tracks. love that one, too.

thanks for all your help!

daisy4me
03-30-2006, 06:38 PM
yup...that's the one. i want it in b & w. no color. i love that photo and also the one where walt is standing in the middle of main street watching the worker work on the trolley tracks. love that one, too.

thanks for all your help!

Copy the picture that he has and save it to your computer. Then save the picture on a disk and take it to anywhere they do photos. They can turn a color picture into black and white and they can make it as big as you want. Ive done this before and they turn out just fine.
Good Luck:)

WITron
03-30-2006, 08:25 PM
You can also do that with photo editing software. When I framed my Space Mountain pins, I found a concept sketch on the internet and using my photo editing software changed the color to sepia and then printed it for the background.

PapiBear
03-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Slightly bigger shot - http://www.disneylandpostcards.com/dgfoldcastle2.jpg

LOYL2DZNY
03-31-2006, 08:34 AM
I've thought about printing it off the pics on the internet, but I'm worried that the resolution will be distorted. I'll see if it works. Thanks!

katiesue
03-31-2006, 02:12 PM
I have a framed numbered copy of the b/w print. I got it at Disneyanna about 8 or 9 years ago I think. I haven't seen them avalible since. They were hard to get then, I had to keep calling deliverears for weeks until a copy came in.

Malcon10t
03-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Eisner and Iger gave a print of it to Diane Disney Miler on July 17th, 2005, but I doubt she will part with her copy.

Nancy
03-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Copy the picture that he has and save it to your computer. Then save the picture on a disk and take it to anywhere they do photos. They can turn a color picture into black and white and they can make it as big as you want. Ive done this before and they turn out just fine.
Good Luck:)

You can do this with copyright pictures?

daisy4me
03-31-2006, 08:46 PM
You can do this with copyright pictures?
Well it's not like she is going to sell it for a profit. She only wants it for her own use. Since it's on the internet you can download it. You cant take in a copyrighted original print and do that but since it's all over on the internet you can. Just like any other picture of Disney stuff, people have them on thier computers so whats wrong with printing one out for your own use??

DaddyB
03-31-2006, 10:32 PM
because it's copywritten, that's why.

No (half-way decent or half-way awake) shop will print the photo out for you, let alone retouch it. It's obviously not your print and no shop is going to retouch it for you. Just like they won't touch your wedding photos or your graduation pictures.

I've had the kids down at Sam's Club question some of the pictures I've taken of the parks because they're concerned I'm not the copyright holder.

What you do in your own home with your own printer is your business, but taking it out to have it printed, as was suggested, would most likely prove to be difficult because no one wants to be visited by Disney Legal.