PDA

View Full Version : October Break for Arizona

meandthree
03-28-2006, 10:33 AM
I am planning a trip with my in-laws the last weekend in October and was wondering if anyone is aware of any major school breaks during that time? I really want this to be ther perfect trip and am looking for the lowest crowds!

junglemom
03-28-2006, 10:47 AM
I am planning a trip with my in-laws the last weekend in October and was wondering if anyone is aware of any major school breaks during that time? I really want this to be ther perfect trip and am looking for the lowest crowds!
Yes, the year round schools have a 3 week break the first part of October. I am not sure of the exact dates though.

tinker3
03-28-2006, 11:39 AM
We are in AZ. and our Fall break this year was Oct. 17-21. It is usually the
2nd or 3rd week of Oct. Some of the charter schools get 2 wks off and it's usually the 2nd and 3rd week. My guess is your biggest crowds are going to be when the California schools are on Fall break. If you are going the very last week in Oct. it's probably a good time but anything before that most likely is going to be busier than normal.

JDBlair
03-28-2006, 04:49 PM

They haven't posted the calendar for 2006/2007 school year. My son attends a public school in PHX Metro area. Sorry.

meandthree
03-28-2006, 05:09 PM
JDBlair when was your break last year? I think we will do fine with the last week in October hopefully!

TTFN92
03-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Our break is Oct. 16th-20th.

ima_mickeyfan
03-29-2006, 07:27 AM
I sure hope it's not to busy!! we are going oct. 17th - 25th with a day at each universal and sea world..wonder what days we should plan to go to disneyland?