PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch the Electrical Parade?

potterphreak
03-27-2006, 08:12 AM
The last time I saw this, it was still on Main St. I am lucky enough to share it with my DD and Grandparents (will be new to all 3 of them!) and would like to know where to sit. Is it possible to sit on a bench somewhere and watch it? My Grands are in their 70s and I don't think they will be able to sit on the ground. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Vegitabeta
03-27-2006, 08:20 AM
There are a few benches around by the castle, near the Partners statue, but I don't think there are any actually on Main Street. Good Luck!

MouseFaninQueue
03-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Isn't the EP (assuming you mean Electrical Parade) in DCA now? At least it was last year ...

If it is in DL then simply ask a CM if you can move a bench to a viewing area (near the train station worked) as I noticed a CM did it for an elderly couple when we wathed the Parade of Dreams from near the train station.

Vegitabeta
03-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Oh yeah, it's in DCA! Sorry, I thought I was on the WDW board lol...

Anyway, there are lowish walls in the Sunshine Plaza, and there are benches, just get there early and you won't have a problem!

potterphreak
03-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks!

The old man
03-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Isn't it also not currently running?

David

potterphreak
03-27-2006, 08:16 PM
It will be running in 43 days. Well maybe 45, whenever the Friday and Saturday I am there is. LOL

|
|
|
\/

potzbie
03-27-2006, 08:31 PM
The best (closest) viewing I have gotten is in the walkway which i can only describe as near IT'S A BUG'S LIFE.

There ARE benches!

Of course, once the Electrical Parade parade started, I stood and inched up so no one's head blocked my view.

But, if I could not stand (as grandparents might not be able to), then that spot's seating arrangements should be satisfactory.

The density is light. -- No more than 3 deep, so it is likely that your view will never be blocked.

And if you get the front row, you can sit, of course, squat down on the ground.
Shake hands with the electrified lady bug and electrified bumble bee!

potterphreak
03-28-2006, 07:01 AM
LOL Potzbie!

Funny you should say shake hands with some floats. When we took DD6 3 years ago (she was 3 then) we sat RIGHT IN FRONT (on Main St., of course) and that ladybug almost ran right into us! I know, I know, I am sure it DIDN'T really almost run into us, but man it was INCHES!! So, I already feel I am close and intimate with those creatures.

:D

Leap for Joy
03-31-2006, 11:36 AM
We usually get a bench in front of BurrBank Ice Cream and EnginEars Toys. It requires some patience because you've got to claim it a couple of hours early. As an FYI, you're not allowed to move the chairs out the eating area. People always do that and then the CMs make them put the chairs back.