PDA

View Full Version : Trip report 3/26/06-3/31 work in progress

mushroom
03-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Hey all,
I figured I would write a trip report for you as I go.

Day/evening One:

We got into the park about 7 pm and headed over to the bank to get our APs. Is it just me or does the bank smell exactly like the HM? Then we headed over to the time board thing nothing much to report other than Indiana Jones had apparently been down for quite a while. We then went into the Tiki Room I have not seen that in Years......dad was surprised that people are now allowed to eat their doll whips and such during the show. All in all it was cool to see it again although I think the people sitting next to me were the most entertaining part.....the guy had the entire show memorized to the word, and he and his wife swayed back and fourth through the whole thing. I guess like the HM has its cult following so now does the tiki room. We then headed to NOS where we ate at the French Market, there was barely any line the food was alright....I think the best part was a new dessert consisting of chocolate mousee with rasberry filling, We then went on HM. I didn't notice any major changes other than the attic scene seemed ampliphied and a lot brighter. We then went on the winnie the pooh ride, it was alright mum likes it I was more pleased with the fact that I was able to fine the Buffalo, deer, and moose from country bears still hanging on their respective wall at the end of the heffalump room. We then walked towards fantasyland to see the fire works I found a great spot about a quarter of the way between IASW where I was able to sit and see the fireworks and the projections on IASW. Mum and I then went back to the motel and let dad do his thing for the rest of the night. We are at the fairfeild Inn it is a nice place except for the fact that they are doing construction on the third floor.....where did they put us? The third floor....so there is constant pounding and other such noise on either side......hench I am awake typing this.

Day 2 so far.....
As above I started my day woken up by construction so I figured I would be productive and type this up for y'all. Once the rest of the family gets up before we get to go back to the park we have to find a lens crafters or something.....as my glasses decided to totally come apart last night......in the mean time I still have to call my best friend and see if he can come up from san diego to meet us. Do they still have a decent millitary rate?

MsYumiBr
03-27-2006, 12:10 PM
I am impressed that you have the energy to give us a trip report. Thank you!!!

I found it better to buy tickets on base. Of course anything is better than standing in line. Always buy your tickets ahead of time.

San Diego tickets & tours office is currently selling tickets for Disneyland one day: Adult $51.00, Kids (3-9) are $46.00. Of course a parkhopper is a better buy but your friend is only going up for the day. Right? Were you planning to park hop? As I recall, it's about another $15 to park hop for one day. You can get the 2-fer which is one park one day and another park another day for the same price as the one day ticket but it is only good through the latter part of April and you have 30 days to use the second day. Oh, and don't forget to add the surcharge to the military ticket. That's $1.50 a ticket. Regular price is $59 for adults and $49 for kids. You can no longer go to the ticket booths and get a discount with a military ID! However, by buying the 2fer, you can go one day for 6.50 less and another day within 30 days of that day for free.

mushroom
03-27-2006, 06:34 PM
^_________Thank you for the info :D

Day 2:
After mum and I bravely scouted out a mall to try to get my glasses fixed. We only figured out that they can't be fixed oh well, I can see alright for the time being so long as I don't have to read a whole lot of small stuff. Anyhow we met dad at DCA at 4:30 pm and went into the muppet show thing, mum seemed to enjoy that as she has a thing for penguins. We then walked down to the TOT as dad wanted to see the wait time, I have never seen the thing opened so I thought it was pretty cool, I wish I could see the inside part without actually going on the ride as I still am getting over a rather nasty case of mono so I don't get to go on the heavy duty rides. We then headed for soarin' which is always one of my favorites but, it decided to rain on us so we walked around DTD and decided to eat at the Mimi's by the motel. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and more eventfull lol.:D

WITron
03-27-2006, 09:44 PM
From what I have read on here you can go through the whole line and then before boarding tell them you won't be riding. That way you can see all the wonderfull detailing. I know you can also do it on SM and Indy.