PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe APs aren't $299, are they?

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-26-2006, 05:07 PM
The Disney Outlet store (AZ) had DAPs for $299 (PAPs for $349) and it nearly freaked me out. I've budgeted $229 each for DAPs (gosh, I hope that number is still right).......knowing that they might go up yet again before we go (Fall/Winter 2006), but not $70 up. Times five of us who'll be needing them, that is a huge deal.

Any insight as to why the huge difference in price? Is it possible they will be going up that much real soon?

Darkbeer
03-26-2006, 05:12 PM
I checked the price board today at the Disneyland Main Entrance Ticket Booths this morning, and the Deluxe AP's are still listed at $229. Sounds like there is a typo at the Arizona store.....

I Heart Disneyland!
03-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Look at Disneyland.com to be sure.

Malcon10t
03-26-2006, 08:50 PM
The Disney Outlet store (AZ) had DAPs for $299 (PAPs for $349) and it nearly freaked me out. I've budgeted $229 each for DAPs (gosh, I hope that number is still right).......knowing that they might go up yet again before we go (Fall/Winter 2006), but not $70 up. Times five of us who'll be needing them, that is a huge deal.

Any insight as to why the huge difference in price? Is it possible they will be going up that much real soon?The passes yesterday at our Disney store was $229. $299 dosn't make sense as if you add parking, that is roughly the same price as a PAP.

TP2000
03-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Maybe the price is going up and that Disney Store installed the signage early?

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-27-2006, 06:49 AM
Whew! I really hope it's just a typo then. I kept staring at, double-checking that price in disbelief. I wouldn't think they'd go up $70; that's one hefty increase!

Burnt Toast
03-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Remember, Disney Stores are no longer owned by Disney... so they get their tickets at a pretty huge delay now. If anything, they wouldn't have new prices early... they'd have them way late. Either way, they use the "Ticket Gift Cards" so they could really charge anything that they want since it's not a paper ticket (like before) that has prices printed on the ticket.

Doesn't take more then five seconds to check www.disneyland.com for official pricing information though. Also doesn't take that long to ask a store clerk while you were in the store if the price was correct either. :P

Anyways, I'd say it's a typo.

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-27-2006, 02:37 PM
I knew Disney Stores weren't owned by Disney any longer, but thought the outlets were. Does TCP own them too? :confused:

In any case, yes, I did check the official Disney site, and others, and didn't notice a change there.......but they've been known to not update things all that quickly sometimes, which is why I asked here.

Burnt Toast
03-27-2006, 10:34 PM
In any case, yes, I did check the official Disney site, and others, and didn't notice a change there.......but they've been known to not update things all that quickly sometimes, which is why I asked here.

Again, you could have asked the clerk at the outlet if they could double check to see if the price was right. Mistakes like that only continue to exist because people who know that there's something not right with that price don't say anything or bring it up to their attention to check up on it and fix it.

Eh... whatever. 8:)

olegc
03-28-2006, 09:08 AM
I knew Disney Stores weren't owned by Disney any longer, but thought the outlets were. Does TCP own them too? :confused:

no - the outlet stores are own by a clearing house company - AMS
see link
http://www.ams-liquidation.com/stores.htm

going2disneyAZ
03-28-2006, 10:01 AM
no - the outlet stores are own by a clearing house company - AMS
see link
http://www.ams-liquidation.com/stores.htm

The store Driving2DisneyAZ is referring to is a Disney Store Outlet, not a character warehouse owned by AMS. It is owned by the same company that owns the Disney Stores in the USA, which is, I believe still The Children's Place Retail Stores.

Wesley815
03-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Again, you could have asked the clerk at the outlet if they could double check to see if the price was right. Mistakes like that only continue to exist because people who know that there's something not right with that price don't say anything or bring it up to their attention to check up on it and fix it.Very good point! Seeing a wrong price and then posting about it here on the message board won't help anything... it's better to actually tell someone who can make a change. I wish more people would do that.

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Again, you could have asked the clerk at the outlet if they could double check to see if the price was right. Mistakes like that only continue to exist because people who know that there's something not right with that price don't say anything or bring it up to their attention to check up on it and fix it.

Eh... whatever. 8:)

I'm sorry you're bothered by my question.

I didn't ask a clerk because frankly, it hadn't crossed my mind that it could be an error. I fully expect that APs will increase in price yet this year; I thought that could have been it.

FantasmicFanatic
03-28-2006, 07:45 PM
PAPs are 349, that is correct. I just renewed my PAP last week. But Deluxe is, in fact, 229. Order it from Disneyland.com.

FF