PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Fairfield Inn

neffyh
03-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Is this a great hotel. I already read the review on this and other sites. Its usually good reviews. Is it like a motel, u know, where you enter from the outside too get into your room, or is it like you enter into the lobby and go through various hallways.

blewellen
03-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Kinda both.. The first floor is right outside by the parking areas and the upper floors are by elevator (of course!). I really enjoy staying at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and willing to help. If you get lucky enough and get a room on the first floor, you won't have to deal with the elevators. I was able to park right outside my room door New Years weekend. What a great thing. We always overpack when we go on trips, so the trip to the room and back to the car was always challenging.

DISNEYLAND GUY
03-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Trip Advisor's Popularity Index Lists it at #5 out of 99 Hotels in Anaheim.

And like earlier posted, you enter from the outside, but it is not like a 1 or 2 story motel.

Reviews can be found at this site: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29092-d113856-Reviews-Fairfield_Inn_Anaheim_Disneyland-Anaheim_California.html

There seems to be mixed reviews, but they are mostly good.

Hope That Helps

neffyh
03-26-2006, 04:30 PM
What about the Hilton Anaheim, Is this a great place?

AlbertaMinnie
03-26-2006, 05:18 PM
I won't stay there again, but that is just my opinion. If you do stay at the Fairfield, request a room facing DLR. We ended up with a room facing the freeway and the room was a bit noisy. Also, they don't offer free breakfast, so it actually ended up costing me a lot more in the end to stay here. Everything seemed clean enough, the staff were very helpful and polite but we were approached by a street person in the parking lot in the middle of the afternoon, who wanted me to open up my backpack and give him some money - that frightened my DD enough that she remembers that incident whenever we talk about that trip. Bad timing I guess.

hlbtimes2
03-26-2006, 05:29 PM
We stayed there in Dec. 03. It was nice enough. It is more "motel" style, with doors opening to outside rather then into a hallway. Now that we've stayed at the candy cane, it will be our new place to stay when we go. The rate is about the same as the fairfield or hojos- but it includes breakfast and the shuttle.

mousemom
03-26-2006, 08:27 PM
I really liked all the Disney pictures in the rooms and in the main entry etc. It isn't the Disneyland Hotel but at least the Disney feeling was there! We stayed on the DL side overlooking the pool and it was nice.

tstan70
03-27-2006, 06:55 AM
I have stayed at both Fairfield and Anaheim Hilton and I prefer the Fairfield...

True, this is the only Fairfield Inn in the entire chain that doesn't offer a breakfast, but who cares? When we have stayed at a place with a continental breakfast, we have tried it once and then never go back for the stale rolls, etc. We ended up having McDonald's breakfast or there is always Mimi's and Millie's right there as well.

Fairfield Inn was completely remodeled a few years back and the rooms are quite nice for what you pay. The beds are new and you get lots of fluffy pillows. The rooms have a small fridge. It really is quite an easy walk to the main entrance.

As for the Anaheim Hilton, you are staying in a typical high-rise hotel that is connected to the convention center. Depending on the time of day, you can wait a while to catch an elevator down to the lobby. It is quite a long walk to the Hilton, especially at the end of a long day at DL, so the shuttle is definately the way to go.

animalx
03-27-2006, 09:26 AM
I've stayed there twice. The last time we had to move around 3 times . We requested a non smoking room and of course it smelled really bad of smoke.
They then moved us to another room. Smoking of course. The third time we were facing the highway and it was louder than usual. Definitely try facing Disneyland. Rooms were decent size. The location is great . lots of place to eat and really close to the Park. I'm going back in Dec. and probably going to stay at Hojo. unless a great Park deal happens.
When we were moved from room to room they were in the middle of there renos so i would probably give it a try. :)

neffyh
03-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Which hotel are you talking about? I here a couple of bad reviews from the Hilton, which kind of surprises me. Can you explain why its so bad. I leaning towards the Hilton, only because to me, It looks more nicer.

neffyh
03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
I think that we are going too stay at the Hilton. I think it might be an alright choice. Its not like were going too spend the whole day there. I was kind of getting nervous about going, because I wasnt going too stay at a Disney Hotel, but now Iam just glad Iam going too be able too go.:D

spectromen
03-27-2006, 05:59 PM
I've stayed at the Hilton numerous times and the only drawbacks to me are that the rooms have not been redecorated in a LONG time, the parking fees are quite high, and if you are walking, it's 5-10 min longer than from the Fairfield. Otherwise, much nicer rooms and pool, but you'd expect that from a full service property.

Malcon10t
03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
I think that we are going too stay at the Hilton. I think it might be an alright choice. Its not like were going too spend the whole day there. I was kind of getting nervous about going, because I wasnt going too stay at a Disney Hotel, but now Iam just glad Iam going too be able too go.:D
If you can afford it, request the Executive (conceirge) Floor (14th). Also, if you arent taking the shuttle, you can go downstairs to the lobby, go out the back door, cut thru the parking lot, cross Katella to the Timon lot and catch the Timon tram to the front. Faster than walking.

neffyh
03-28-2006, 02:18 PM
My dad just told me that he's going too take that week off. I cant wait. A whole 3 days at DL.:D Were going too stay at the Hilton with a Disney view.:D Were getting passes for the shuttle. I heard the shuttle only has like 2 stops. Iam soo HAPPY:D :D :D

GrumpyUTboi
03-28-2006, 05:45 PM
As a platinum member I am really partial to Marriott properties. (plus I get a ton of hotel points for our stay there)

neffyh
03-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Do you think Early Entry is really usefull. Do we have too enter exactly 1 hour before the regular opening time or can we enter any time during that 1 hour.

neffyh
03-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey, You know how Its A Small World has boats for 4 people. If there is only 3people in your group, Will they add someone else in that boat, like a stranger.

DangerMouse
03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey, You know how Its A Small World has boats for 4 people. If there is only 3people in your group, Will they add someone else in that boat, like a stranger.

I think you're confusing this ride with another. IASW boats can hold about 12 people. Very similar boats to PoC.

DangerMouse
03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Do you think Early Entry is really usefull. Do we have too enter exactly 1 hour before the regular opening time or can we enter any time during that 1 hour.

It is extremely useful. You can get all of FL, or even a couple rides on Space accomplished before park opening.

You can enter at any time during the early entry time, but I recommend getting there 30 minutes prior to EE and being one of the first in line. :)

neffyh
03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
really well anyways, Do they put you with a stranger if there isnt enough people in your group.

DangerMouse
03-30-2006, 06:18 PM
really well anyways, Do they put you with a stranger if there isnt enough people in your group.

Yes, they will fill the boat, but they won't put a stranger in your same row.

neffyh
03-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Kool, Thanks. Iam worried that it might rain on April 12-14, our trip. I wanted too see the parades and fireworks.

neffyh
03-31-2006, 11:30 AM
For anyone who has stayed at the Anaheim Marriott, the hotel across the street from the Hilton. Wat is the Deluxe room like? We might bring more people to a total of 5.