PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook handy?

goodbunny
04-15-2002, 10:42 AM
I have a big favor to ask of anyone who owns "Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook: The Most Popular Recipes from Walt Disney World & Disneyland".... I am in the process of moving, and my copy is packed in a box somewhere. I'm going to a potluck on Thursday, and would like to make the pina colada fruit dip from the Disneyland Hotel. I remember how to make it, but I can't remember the exact ingredients and amounts... I think it has maraschino cherries, frozen pina colada mix, cream cheese, pineapple... Would anyone out there be kind enough to post the ingredient list? This stuff is so yummy in the summer, with some fresh fruit...mmmmmm.

Largent81
04-15-2002, 03:09 PM
1 1/2 cups cream cheese
3/4 cup pina colada mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cups pineapple chunks
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, halved

In a blender or food processor, combine cream cheese, p.c. mix, and sour cream and blend until smooth. Remove from blender to a mixing bowl and fold in pineapple chunks and marachino cherry halves. Refrigerate 1 hour.

Serve with other fresh fruit or dried fruit and nuts.

:cool:

lisap
04-15-2002, 03:14 PM
Ok, that sounds yum. Strawberry season is finally here...time for a fruit dip :)

goodbunny
04-16-2002, 08:57 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Matterhorn Fan
04-16-2002, 09:09 AM
Is this book orderable (and how old is it)? I emailed DL asking for a recipe but I don't think I'm ever going to hear back. If anyone knows how to make the artichoke & spinach dip they serve at the PCH Grill, would you be so kind as to pass that one on?

cyberRoo
04-16-2002, 10:15 AM
It is out of print (according to Amazon), and was published in the mid-90's.