PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Card Mem. Ex. Meet "n" Greet

Pascomom
03-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Has anyone done this character meet and greet? I would sure like to know the details. Is it a meal? What charcters are involved? It's in Ariel's Grotto so I assume Ariel would be there. Thanks for any tips! :)

MickeyandMe
03-26-2006, 10:47 AM
We did this last week, and did it on our trip last December as well. Both times we had Chip and Dale. I asked on our way out if it was always Chip and Dale and was told no - but I didn't have a chance to go back the next day and see if we would get anyone different.

This is not a meal, you just show your Visa card at the front door, then they let you in and you head downstairs where the characters are. They only let one or two families in at a time (from what I have seen), so it is not crowded and crazy. You wait your turn and then you take your picture with the characters and they give you the ticket for your free picture.

Pascomom
03-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the info. Would one make reservations for this or just show up. The Disney Visa website says it goes till 11:30. Can't beat free at Disney. By the way, real cutie in your picture under you name (been wondering how to get that). :)

DopeyWife
03-26-2006, 04:24 PM
No reservations. You just show up. We have seen Chip and Dale as well as Captain Mickey and Goofy. They seem to rotate between those two sets. Once, we had Donald as well, but we haven't seen him in a long time. If there is no one else waiting, they really spend a lot of quality time with the kids.

THpoohbear
03-26-2006, 09:54 PM
hello :D You have the time correct, it only runs until 11:30. I have gone three times so far, and there has never been more than one other group besides mine there, so no lines! Once I had Chip and Dale, once Cap. Mickey and Goofy, and once there was only Goofy. The really cool thing about the voucher they give you: It's actually good for any 5x7 picture taken in DCA (excluding ride photos). So you can take other pictures around the park and then decide which one you like best. You're not under obligation to get the character photo from Ariel's groto. And no, the voucher isn't good at DL. Hope that gives some more info! :D

going2disneyAZ
03-27-2006, 07:01 AM
We thought it was cool. Like posted in other replies not crowed or rushed. We saw Captain Mickey. An had plenty of time for several poses and shots with our own cameras. Also as previously stated the voucher is good for any photo at DCA.

cindyland
03-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Last October we went by to get photos done at 11:15 and the characters had moved on. We were able to take the voucher and use it for a photo taken anywhere in the park (similar to the above post).

shawnarae
03-27-2006, 07:12 AM
I have a Disney Visa and have never done this. Do I need a voucher? Or can I show them my card?

going2disneyAZ
03-27-2006, 08:28 AM
I have a Disney Visa and have never done this. Do I need a voucher? Or can I show them my card?

Just show up and show your card! It's worth the 5 minute stop. I have never seen a line....

mareed
03-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Last October we went by to get photos done at 11:15 and the characters had moved on. We were able to take the voucher and use it for a photo taken anywhere in the park (similar to the above post).

I must have gotten a grump CM, because I deliberately had some other pictures taken in the park because we had multiple vouchers (DH & I both have accounts), but when I tried to use them, the CM told me they were only good for pictures at Ariel's Grotto. So, it must depend on who is working.

WITron
03-27-2006, 08:58 PM
I had no problem using my coupon at another location. When we went we saw Goofy and Mickey. We were the first ones there and Mickey wasn't there yet, but Goofy was. He played with my daughter, who was being shy. My only dissapointment was that I forgot my camera in the car, so I didn't get a picture.