PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopper to Annual Pass... can I upgrade?

AlbertaMinnie
03-26-2006, 06:51 AM
Ok, I know I would have to take my hopper pass to city hall, and request the upgrade, but do I need my receipt from my hopper pass and then they just charge the difference????

I am getting 2 5-day passes for free from my "air-miles" and then I found a deal through expedia to get other 5-day passes for really cheap. Does DLR just look at a 5-day pass and credit me what I "would have" paid at the gate for one and then just charge the difference for an annual pass, or do they need to see how much I paid for it and then work it out that way? How would they do it with the passes I am getting with points? Can I upgrade and how much extra will it cost me - I know you guys will know!!!!

passthepixiedust
03-26-2006, 06:54 AM
I know they don't need the receipt, but I would think it would depend on the tickets themselves.... I imagine it would be fine as long as they didn't say "free" or anything on them.

But not to worry, someone here will know the exact right answer and post is ASAP, I bet !

MammaSilva
03-26-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm not sure how they will do the ones you get "free" with points, I do know that the ones you buy with assorted discounts are coded and the computers tell the CM's their monetary value, a good example is the current Adults play for kids prices, if you take a discounted hopper in, the computer can and will tell the CM what you actually paid for that hopper and they will charge the difference between what you've already spent and the cost of the hopper you choose.

AlbertaMinnie
03-26-2006, 07:05 AM
Thank you, Ok, that makes sense. So, I am assuming the ones I buy in Canadian dollars will show exactly what I paid, and in what denomination I paid in.

I'm still hoping to hear from someone regarding the "free" passes though. I'm very curious now.

THpoohbear
03-26-2006, 07:30 AM
I got a free ticket from Disney Visa once. It stated right on the ticket that it was a "comp" ticket and could not be exchange, or applied towards the value of any other ticket. I think it will really depend on what your free tickets exactly say. Read the fine print on the back. =) If it looks like a normal ticket and doesn't have any disclaimers, you may be able to upgrade it as if it were a normal ticket.

TrueRomance
03-26-2006, 01:15 PM
I am going to DLR the 1st week of May. I was planning on buying either a 3 or 4 day hopper pass. I may go again later this year, in Oct. Are you able to upgrade hopper passes into an AP? If so what is the time frame you have to do it by?

Any info on this would be great.

Thanks.:D

meandthree
03-26-2006, 01:53 PM
It doesn't matter when you do it during your trip because they will back date it to the date that your ticket was first used. They do give you credit for the full amount of your ticket though.

potterphreak
03-26-2006, 02:34 PM
True:

If your you buy a 3 day hopper and go Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3 and then want to upgrade, you have to do it before the park closes on Day 3. When we went, this was my plan but we needed the AP to get the AP rate when we checked into the DLH so I just did it on Day 1. And supposedly they backdate your AP to the day you first used your ticket but they didn't on DHs. It is dated the last day we used the Hopper, before we upgraded. WEIRD! LOL

TrueRomance
03-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks so much guys. I want to take advantage of the EE with the Hopper pass. Do the AP's get any early entrys?

Is there a site anywhere to tell what specials you can get with an AP? How did you find out about the special at the DLH with an AP?

Darkbeer
03-26-2006, 04:57 PM
The only way an AP'er can get Early Entry is to stay at one of the three Disney owned hotels, and have a room charge slip showing their dates of stay.

As for knowing the discounts an AP'er gets, the Disneyland.com site ONLY allows current AP'ers to see the discount list.

But here are a few links that have most of the discounts listed...

http://www.mousesavers.com/dlmeals.html#annual

http://www.mousesavers.com/otherdl.html#annual

http://www.mousesavers.com/dlresorts.html#ap