PDA

View Full Version : 3/24 Photos - The Chicken Head is Gone!, Cove Bar is open, and more Sub work

Darkbeer
03-25-2006, 10:33 AM
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1303825

Yes, the evil Chicken Head has left the plaza!!!:fez:

Plus a look at the newly remodeled King and Queen restrooms in Fantsyland, near the Matterhorn.

Lots of Sub Lagoon photos.

And the Cove Bar did re-open on Friday, and will now be open 7 days a week thru the summer, and hopefully year-round.

ENJOY!

Imagineer In Training
03-25-2006, 11:19 AM
wow it amazes me how much work has been done to the sub lagoon in less then a week...i wish i was there soo bad!!! where have you been standing to take your pictures? or do you get to behind the scenes to take photos?? anyway the pictures are great...the fantasyland bathroom looks soo much better!!! disneyland is getting some well needed updates...ahh it makes me so happy!! lol thanks for the great pictures....they're always fantastic. keep us updated on what going on at DLR

thanks!!

Darkbeer
03-25-2006, 11:47 AM
The vast majority of my photos are from public viewing areas, some are bit unique, but for the most part, it is simple, the Sub Lagoon photos mainly come from taking the Monorail from Tomorrowland, and taking photos from the platform while waiting for the Monorail to show up.

The Club Buzz photos, that required me to go into Innoventions, and then taking photos from the outside exit area and the ramp.

I try and obey all the Disney park rules when taking photos.

There are a few press events when I get some behind the scenes shots, but even then, there are areas where they ask us not to take photos.

TowerofTerror
03-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks again for your updates. I love looking at them DarkBeer Aka David

twist1980
03-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Yes, the evil Chicken Head has left the plaza!!!:fez:

HUGE sigh of relief on my part!

Thanks for more great photos! It was fun to see the PotC boats out of water! How big of a nerd am I that I get excited about seeing boats out of water?

And the bathrooms look great, love the theming! Did you get any weird looks while you were in there?

I can't believe how much the sub lagoon is starting to come together these last couple of weeks, its actually starting to look like there will be a ride! I can't wait!

03-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks, Darkbeer!

ktrm
03-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Call me wierd, but I think those stall doors in the bathroom are soooo cute.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Love the new bathrooms and the Queen sign, may just turn to my avatar! ;) Thanks as always, Darkbeer

potzbie
03-25-2006, 06:14 PM
The precedent is set.

By June, we will probably see the head of Jack Sparrow, inflated over Tom Sawyer's Island.
Right?

With sunglasses, when the DVD becomes available.
Right?

:crying:

Osky
03-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Please, knock on wood! We can't have that! :p

Phantom2006
03-26-2006, 12:39 AM
What are they doing in Tomorrowland by Club Buzz?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-26-2006, 05:58 AM
Thanks, DB. That is a large area closed off their by Club Buzz, but more seating is surely needed.
Love the door decorations in the new Queen and King bathrooms. You didn't get pics of the women's? LOL Need to have Lisa go with you next time for those!
#43 is a weird tile design? Why does it look crooked? Am I missing something?

ae's mom
03-26-2006, 09:23 AM
As always, I really enjoy your wonderful photos!! The shot of the balloons made my heart melt and made me say "Ahh" outloud. I remember when I was very young and I wanted one of those balloons more than anything! Thanks!!:)

Leap for Joy
03-26-2006, 09:31 AM
#43 is a weird tile design? Why does it look crooked? Am I missing something?
I noticed that too! It looks VERY strange!!

tod
03-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Plus a look at the newly remodeled King and Queen restrooms in Fantasyland, near the Matterhorn.

Part of the charm of Disneyland is -- was -- has been the improvised, thrown-together nature of some things that you can see in the onstage areas. Like the brass spike head in the Castle courtyard and the sign over the pathway between Frontierland and Adventureland that says "Jungle Rivers Of The World."

One of my favorites has been the U-shaped restrooms on the side of the Castle. They looked like they were slapped on and I always liked the feeling of disorientation when I left the bathroom and my party was waiting at the other door.

Now they have been cleaned up. Each restroom has only one door, which will make it LOTS of fun when it gets crowded, and there is now a spiffy-do bas-relief sign that says "RESTROOMS." I am less imprressed by the upgrade from "Prince" and "Princess" to "Kings" and "Queens," and shudder at what some uninhibited and obnoxious Guests will say and do when they see those signs.

Another piece of the old casual Disneyland bites the dust. Pity.

--t

MortgageMan
03-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah those bathrooms look great. Is this heavy theming of bathrooms going to be the start of something? I've never notice restrooms in other areas of the park having much in the way of theme. The ones downstairs of the Hungry Bear restaurant would look great with faux wood stall partitions & doors and an overall woodsy theme.

princessfiona
03-26-2006, 11:12 AM
of the photo. Maybe this is a sort of optical illusion caused by the slant in the floor???

OC Disney Dad Dude
03-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I can't imagine how busy the "Queens" restroom will be on Gay Day.

Darkbeer
03-26-2006, 06:47 PM
A quick update from Sunday, a look at the Queen's restroom, and lots of photos of Ducks and Flowers....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1308752

tod
03-27-2006, 11:13 AM
I can't imagine how busy the "Queens" restroom will be on Gay Day.

Gay Day hell, any day of the year some jerk can point at the "Queens" sign and say "Look, they got a restroom just for [add offensive word (pl.) here]."

--t

MrsPooh
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks Darkbeer!

I loved the photo of the tiki head from Nemo! I finally see something I recognize! Wasn't that from the scene from Mount Wannahockaloogie? :~D ;)