PDA

View Full Version : Gays head to Disneyland for "Mini Gay Day" April 1 - The Advocate, 3/25/06

Darkbeer
03-25-2006, 09:07 AM
http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid28293.asp

QuikQuote: Organizers of the annual autumn "Gay Days" at the Disneyland theme parks in Anaheim, Calif., announced this week that a special "Mini Gay Day" event would be held this year on April 1. The informal gathering—which is not sponsored by the Disney Company—is timed to take place halfway between the much larger first-weekend-in-October event, "because you can never have enough fairies and evil queens in your life," the organizers said in a statement. "We always hear from gays and lesbians who would love there to be a Gay Day at Disneyland every weekend. This mini event is a great way to get together a few months before the big weekend in October."
The event at the Disneyland park is a "mix in," for which LGBT parkgoers typically wear red shirts to identify themselves among other park visitors. Organizers have planned a number of happenings over the course of that Saturday, including a "Single Riders Gathering" at the Jungle Cruise, a group photo, and an unofficial cocktail reception at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. For more information, visit www.GayDay2.com/ (http://www.gayday2.com/).

The old man
03-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Press Release
For immediate release:
San Diego
The Williams family will be going the third weekend of April for the annual "Hetrosexual Married Couple With an 8 Year Old Daughter" weekend. Please note that this event is not sponsored by the Walt Disney Company nor its affilitates. It is simply an opportunity for people with similiar gene makeup to celebrate their uniqueness and make their presence known to the non-hetro community.

Special clothing will be worn. The child will be dressed in clothes from Target (whatever's clean) and the married hetrosexuals will be dressed in clothes from Mervyn's, Macy's & Costco.

There will be a meet-and-greet at Ariels for any like-minded families. The general public is forewarned that there will be some public displays of affection between members of the family. Anyone who is easily offended by this is asked to please not go to the DLR that weekend.

Additional information can be found here:
http://www.disney.com

Burnt Toast
03-26-2006, 12:16 PM
HAHHAHA... :rolleyes:

MammaSilva
03-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Press Release
For immediate release:
San Diego
The Williams family will be going the third weekend of April for the annual "Hetrosexual Married Couple With an 8 Year Old Daughter" weekend. Please note that this event is not sponsored by the Walt Disney Company nor its affilitates. It is simply an opportunity for people with similiar gene makeup to celebrate their uniqueness and make their presence known to the non-hetro community.

Special clothing will be worn. The child will be dressed in clothes from Target (whatever's clean) and the married hetrosexuals will be dressed in clothes from Mervyn's, Macy's & Costco.

There will be a meet-and-greet at Ariels for any like-minded families. The general public is forewarned that there will be some public displays of affection between members of the family. Anyone who is easily offended by this is asked to please not go to the DLR that weekend.

http://www.disney.com

and I have a NEW hero!!!!!!!!!!! I only wish I had thought of it first!

Keurigirl
03-26-2006, 08:12 PM
They are only organizing a get-together. What's the big deal?

MammaSilva
03-26-2006, 08:17 PM
They are only organizing a get-together. What's the big deal?

um that's the entire point....'what's the big deal'.....but every year 'someone' feels the need to make it into a "big deal".....and there are a lot of us out here that all have that same 'what's the big deal' attitude, doesn't matter our orientation. No different than any other unofficial days at the resort, deaf days, Bat day in August (although I think those folks need to pick a cooler day to accomodate the cool outfits and mass amounts of leather I've seen!) ...it's just one more 'group' of folks who love disney....

PapiBear
03-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Press Release
For immediate release:
Chicago, IL
Organizers of the annual summer "Black Days" at the Disneyland theme parks in Anaheim, Calif., and Orlando, Fla., announced this week that a special "Mini Black Day" event would be held this year on May 1. The informal gathering—which is not sponsored by the Disney Company—is timed to take place halfway between the much larger first-weekend-in-August event, "because you can never have enough Black folks in your life," the organizers said in a statement. "We always hear from Black families and individuals who would love there to be a Black Day at Disneyland every weekend. This mini event is a great way to get together a few months before the big weekend in August."
The event at the Disneyland park is a "mix in," for which Black parkgoers typically wear multicolored (black/red/green) shirts to identify themselves among other park visitors. Organizers have planned a number of happenings over the course of that Saturday, including a "Single Riders Gathering" at the Jungle Cruise, a group photo, and an unofficial BBQ at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel in California and the Walt Disney World Caribbean Beach Resort in Florida. For more information, visit www.BlackDay2.com/.

http://www.justpullingyourchain.com

:rolleyes:

disneyjunkie
03-26-2006, 10:09 PM
I hope everyone gets the point made by all of the above post . It dosent matter what your orientation, ethnicity, or spiritual beliels are , Disneyland is your happy place!

cstephens
03-27-2006, 06:14 AM
I only like to know about these sorts of things so I know to expect lots more people at the park, and I can plan accordingly. In this case, it's a Saturday, so it makes no difference to me.