PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for August?

AlbertaMinnie
03-25-2006, 05:30 AM
Yahoo! DH just gave the ok to take DD to DLR in August just after she tests for her Black Belt in Taekwon Do! We did this a few years ago for our other DD and it was a great time! Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, ideas to help me make this an extra special trip? She will be 11 and her sister, 13. We are all "certified Disney nuts" so any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Our trip will be August 16-23 and I was hoping there would be a special at a DLR hotel or something, but they quoted me $685 a night for concierge level and we certainly can't afford that! The Carousel has offered us an excellent rate (under $85) that I may end up booking - unless of course, any of you know of any ways to get in on a promotion during that time? Any and all advice is appreciated for both inside and outside the park. Thanks!!!!!

Malcon10t
03-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Congrats to your daughter! My boys are testing for their 2nd degrees this summer. We are working on a trip to Disneyland working around their test schedule. For a great trip, here are a couple ideas. The Carousel offers a View Suite for about $200 a night. The room is huge and has all glass view of Disneyland. Another would be the Hilton Executive Floor. Its about $225 a night, 14th floor with a lounge and DIsney View. They have an EXCELLENT continetal breafast in the mornings and a hot entree thing in the evenings. Cookies and sodas available.

Susan L
03-25-2006, 01:17 PM
My tips are simple, don't swet the small stuff, always have a :D on your faces and don't forget to have a wonderful time. Oh and congratulations to your DD for a job well done.