PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose review - April 14, 2002

cstephens
04-15-2002, 01:53 AM
I've posted a review of our dinner at Napa Rose on Sunday, April 14, 2002. If you're interested, please go to http://www.colddeadfish.net/napa041402.html. Thanks!

/cs

MouseWife
04-15-2002, 09:00 AM
Thank you for the review from Sunday and the other ones as well.

I haven't dined there but I do like to at least know what I am missing. ;)

Just in case.

And, people do ask me since I go there a lot what I know. I can at least tell them something now. :)

CarlieB
04-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Thank you for your reviews ( and the link to the menus was great too). We will be at the resort in July/August, and were thinking of dining at the Napa Rose. It certainly sounds lovely.

Carlie

Not Afraid
04-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Cemeinke took me to Napa Rose for by birthday. It was a wonderful experience. We're both major "foodies" and especially enjoy exceptional gourmet fare beautifully prepared. NR did not disappoint. I would go back in a heartbeat.

We enjoyed:

Appetizer:

Seven Sparkling Sins - An Array of Tantalizations Featuring Spicy Lobster, Smoked Salmon, Foie Gras Torchon, Caviar, Sturgeon, Truffled Quail Egg and Cold Water Lobster for two

Salad:

Marinated Heirloom Beets, Tiny Green Beans and Watercress Salad with "Mine Shaft" Blue Cheese

Cemeinke Main Course:

Honey Glazed Cedar Planked Salmon with Apple Smoked Bacon, Tomato Relish, Quinoa Salad and Grapefruit Vinaigrette

My Main Course:

Spring Lamb Two Ways: Garlic Crusted Roasted Rack and Calamata Olive Scented Stewed Shank with Ratatouille of Spring Vegetables and Fava Bean Pesto

Dessert:

Tahitian Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with decadent chocolate madellines

Ah........I'm ready to go back. Its not something you can do every week, but for special occasions, I highly recommend it.

adriennek
04-15-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid

My Main Course:

Spring Lamb Two Ways: Garlic Crusted Roasted Rack and Calamata Olive Scented Stewed Shank with Ratatouille of Spring Vegetables and Fava Bean Pesto

Dessert:

Tahitian Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with decadent chocolate madellines

OMG-- lamb and creme brulee, my two favorite things on Earth.... And my experience with NR so far has been very good so I can just imagine how wonderful this was. Are you **sure** your name isn't Adrienne? ;)

Adrienne K

Not Afraid
04-15-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by adriennek
Are you **sure** your name isn't Adrienne? ;)

Adrienne K

I guess I'm the non-Adrienne Adrienne.:D

It is pretty funny!