PDA

View Full Version : Best Places to eat for a family

jmccrohan
03-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Its been several years since I've been to Disney Land, my family and I are setup to take a vacation to the park April 21st to the 25th. My girls are 9 and 7 so I want to make the most of it and get into the best family resturants... Goofy's kitchen is already on our list for dinner one night. What other great places should we visit for meals? We are staying at the Paridise Pier hotel (any info on the hotel would be appreciated as well):confused:

Give me as much info as possible:eek:

Thanks
Jim

5-4-fun
03-23-2006, 09:00 PM
We just returned from 4 nights at PP hotel. Our kids are 9,8 and 5. We had a great stay and loved our meal at Goofy's kitchen. On the trip report I just posted I talked about several restaurants that we tried.

As far as hotel info:
Our room was clean and felt pretty spacious for a hotel room. The beds were very comfy and housekeeping did a wonderful job each day. (Of course, we tipped every day too.) The staff was wonderful and very courteous. Our toilet backed up one night so we called the front desk, and someone was at our door by the time we put down the phone receiver.

Additional items that were provided in our room:
A small refrigerator (empty), a safe, a pack and play, iron and ironing board, hair dryer.

I hope this helps. If you have any other specific questions, I could try to answer.

Malcon10t
03-23-2006, 09:51 PM
I hope this helps. If you have any other specific questions, I could try to answer.I noticed you have vacation planning bring all the Mickey treats. If you dont mind my asking, about what did they charge for this?

stan4d_steph
03-24-2006, 05:30 AM
It's not a table service restaurant, but Whitewater Snacks is consistently recommended by MP readers. I like eating there too. They have hot items from the grill (burgers, chicken sandwich, pizza), cold items (sandwiches, salads), and baked goods. You order hot items at the cash register, and they're brought out to you when ready.

I like the cheeseburger that comes on a freshly-made bun, and the grilled chicken sandwich with guacamole and green chiles. :)

tstan70
03-24-2006, 06:45 AM
I would agree with Steph - Whitewater snacks is great. We tried it for the first time this past trip and we will definately go back. Two of us split the Steak nachos and they were wonderful. It was a nice, quiet getaway from the busy spots to eat in the rest of the parks.

5-4-fun
03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
I noticed you have vacation planning bring all the Mickey treats. If you dont mind my asking, about what did they charge for this?

The cost ended up being about $30 per day, but I wayyy overordered. I wasn't sure how large the snacks would be, so I ordered enough for two each (family of 5). The snacks were all huge, so I would say to only order enough for one per person. We probably could have even split them some days. They also brought ice cold milk in a souvenier cup each day with the snacks and left them in our fridge. YUM!!

disneyochem
03-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Ditto on White Water Snacks. My girls (ages 7 and 9) really enjoy eating there. We buy a couple of kids' meals and end up splitting them. The portions are huge! Get the refillable GCH mug--we always swing by WWS and refill with soda, coffee and ice water on our way to the parks. Saves a ton of money! Also Pizza Port is a favorite in DL. Again, we buy a couple of entrees (chicken fusilli, pasta), a salad, garlic bread and share. We really enjoy Hooke's Point at the DLH and Storyteller Cafe at GCH--good food and kid friendly. Finally, you might want to try the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at the PPH. We ate there in November and my girls absolutely loved the experience!

splash
03-25-2006, 06:32 AM
I would suggest doing Goofy's kitchen for breakfast/brunch. The choices are varied and many, plus it is less expensive than dinner. Then, after a big breakfast, head over to the parks.

rentayenta
03-25-2006, 07:33 AM
Love the PPH. The themeing is terrific! It's a Disney meets beach theme which is perfect for So Cal. Our room was clean and Mousekeeping did a great job each morning.

If your girls like the Princesses I would definetly do The Princess dinner in DCA at Ariel's Grotto. The food is good and then you don't have to stand in line at the parks to meet and get autographs- they come right to your table.

twist1980
03-25-2006, 04:26 PM
If your girls like the Princesses I would definetly do The Princess dinner in DCA at Ariel's Grotto. The food is good and then you don't have to stand in line at the parks to meet and get autographs- they come right to your table.

That's what I was going to suggest. Your girls will have a blast!

PirateSmile
03-25-2006, 09:34 PM
If you're looking for something good budget-wise, try the Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. Fun atmosphere and easy to split portions.